“Great service, location, and value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #31 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
“Great service, location, and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Whenever my wife and I go to Savannah, we always stay at the Hyatt Regency. (We usually average around 2 weekend visits per year.) The service is consistently awesome and we are always treated really well by the awesome staff who are friendly and professional. The location is great: you have safe access to River Street and the Civic Center and City Market are both within easy and safe walking distances, even late at night. So, we usually park the car and then do everything on foot from walking along River Street to visiting City Market to any event that we are planning to attend at the Civic Center.

I suspect that some visitors to Savannah want to stay in an "historic" inn. Always watch out for those as some are more "historic" than others. But, if you are looking for a guaranteed nice place to stay in a safe location with excellent service, the Hyatt Regency is it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice. If you want to spend more, go for a river view room. But, unless you...
2 Thank Jim B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

This is a four star hotel in the center of the riverfront. The room and staff were great. As I booked this on priceline I got a great price at the last minute. I did have to pay an additional $20 for parking ( mandatory ) but didn't need the car again until we left. I would stay here again if we go back to Savannah.

1 Thank Cliff C
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The staff at the front desk -- especially the friendly and helpful Mary Burns--makes you welcome the moment you walk in the door. Rooms are lovely; the cuisine at both restaurants was very good....the service was OUTSTANDING. We plan to return.

1 Thank drjack123
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt with my friends for my 21st birthday celebration. The location is amazing, right on the River, a block from all the night life. The room was wonderful and the staff was very helpful. I wish parking was included but I was happy to know our car was safe. Didn't try the breakfast because there were so many other good breakfast places in Savannah.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Typical Hyatt foyer and layout; located perfectly for exploring this fantastic city. Staff were extremely helpful and the service throughout the hotel was excellent. Rooms were spacious and the river view from our room was wonderful.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Mpls
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

for a 4 star, I would expect a little more.
The location was perfect of course.

I understand why in the book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' they do not like the looks of it compared to the rest of the Historic area. The exterior looks like it belongs near an airport.
The lobby is large and nice, except when people lounge there late at night. If you have an inside room, the noise travels throughout the entire area.
The bar overlooking the river is nice, nothing special.
The room was comfortable. The bathroom needs an update. The towels varied between plush and obviously worn out and thin. I actually had one that had a really dark stain. At home, maybe you would keep these....to clean the garage. The tub drained really slowly. Other than that, the room was nice.
Staff was nice and always friendly.
Can anyone explain to me why hotels that charge over $100/$150 charge for Wi-Fi, when the cheaper ones don't? Ridiculous.
Oh - and the workout room is very nice, but the pool sucks and no hot tub :(.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room to avoid noise from the lobby.
1 Thank CatMpls
HyattRegencySavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 9 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. It has been our pleasure to be your host in our historic city. Everyday we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and we sincerely apologize for falling short during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours which allows us the opportunity to improve our operation. We would love to be your host should your travels bring you back to our historic city.

Heather R. Miller
Rooms Division Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I just completed my second stay at this posh hotel that is located on the riverfront, at the heart of all things charming and Southern in this interesting city, Savannah. The rooms at the Hyatt Rgency are clean and allow guests to select and enjoy many exciting views. (My favorite is on the plaza, with a side view of River Street and the water). But it is the friendly staff who brought me back a second time in a month, and it is the staff who will keep me as a returning guest. From the moment you step foot on the property you are made to feel as if you matter. Everyone from the parking staff, front desk, housekeepers to the pleasant ladies and gentlemen who make up Windows, the hotel's quaint restaurant that overlooks the river, are highly trained professionals. They not only greet guests with a warm smile and courteous greeting, but give individual attention to their needs. (And did I mention how yummy breakfast at Windows is?) Lavada, a front desk specialist, deserves the Employee of the Year aware. She has twice made sure that my accommodations and those of my party were pleasing. And if anything was just a bit off, she made up for it immediaately. For example, on my first stay, I reserved a king-room for my elderly parents. When we arrived, we learned that all kings had been sold out. To ease the disappointment and in the spirit of customer service, Lavada upgraded them to a riverfront room. My parents were thrilled. Bert and front desk manager Traci also deserve acknowledgemnt for their hospitality and the special attention they gave me, my husband and our sons on our second visit. It is worth mentioning that although I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member and have been staying at Hyatts in various locations for more than a decade, the Hyatt Regency in Savannah has been the best and most memorable experience yet. Thanks for the spirit of excellence.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lovesfinethings
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. We have received the wonderful comments you shared on TripAdvisor about our excellent staff. We take pride in our superior customer service, and want to thank you personally for sharing your positive experience with us. It is very gratifying to receive such positive feedback and your comments have encouraged us to continue looking for ways to exceed our guest’s expectations, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Teresa Lennartz