“Very Convenient”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Convenient”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We recently stayed here while visiting Savannah. The location was great and so easy to walk everywhere! The staff was very helpful and wanted to make sure we had a great stay. When anything went wrong they provided us with complimentary things such as breakfast in return. Overall, it was clear they wanted to keep their guest happy and it was easy to walk every where we wanted too. The doors and walls are a little thin, but overall, this was not a problem.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Mary A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I'm sorry to hear that there were some inconveniencesduring your stay with us but happy to hear that the staff was concerned about your stay and corrected them for you. I do hope that you will return when visiting Savannah again!

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Lakeland, FLorida
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We did not stay at the Hyatt hotel but frequent its Vu Lounge for the balcony overlooking the Savannah River. We enjoy drinks and She Crab Soup on the balcony each trip. I don't recall the soup being so spicy before. The server said different people make the soup. It was good but spicy. The view from the Vu is excellent and when the weather is too cold to sit outside we sit inside in the lounge which is also enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear MaryEllenSelf,

Thank you so mcuh for your kind words in regards to our Vu Lounge. It is so great to hear that you like to join us for drinks on our patio. We look forward to having you back with us soon!

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I love love love this hotel. They have top notch service. From the time I pull in to the time I left. When we got the David was very pleasure. He assure me that i would have no concern about my car and he would take good care of me. And he did. Thanks David for the excellant valet service. We go to check in and Matt saw that is was my birthday and wish a happy birthday. Thanks for making it personal. Dele thank you for your wonderful service. Enjoy your day for. Hey Lillian, girl you are the best. Thanks for all the advice, suggestions and service. Patricia and Nora, you make check a breeze. Overall I can honestly say the this was THE BEST HOTEL I've still in. EVER. You will not go wrong staying. If any problem come they will make sure you are completely happy and correct the problem quickly. Service like is truly one of a kind.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Deanna R,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest for such a special occasion! I will certainly pass along your kind comments to all of our staff. We like to exceed all of our guests expectations and I'm so happy we were able to to that for you. We look forward to having you with us again in the future!

Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Where to start? - Valets were the only friendly staff. Check in took 30 minutes (with a reservation) and the only thing she said the whole time was "Whats your name?" She was also wiping her nose and yawning the whole time she was checking us in. We booked one of their more expensive rooms because it was just a quick 3 day anniversary trip and they put us in a handicapped room with our window facing the lobby. There were not a door on the closet. It was a heavy curtain that smelled like mildew. The bathroom had grout showing around the entire tub. Two days that we were there our floor smelled like backed up sewage. (Not the entire hotel, only the 7th floor) The Gym was nice and clean, so that was a plus. The location was amazing, but did not make up for the serious lack of upkeep and rude employees. We visit Savannah at least twice a year and have always stayed elsewhere but decided to try this hotel for the location. I will not be making this mistake again. Very disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattRegencySavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. The Rooms Director has been notified of the employee that checked you in during your anniversary and of the condition of your room. We appreciate your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. We currently have a program in place to help better avoid these issues that you faced during your stay. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We are positive if given the opportunity again we could achieve this goal. We hope you enjoyed your time in our historic city.

Elizabeth Kim
Assistant Food and Beverage Outlets Manager
Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

Unless you want something more boutique, this is a great place to stay in Savannah. Direct access to River Street, nice gym and pool, and a cool lounge that overlooks River Street as well. The staff was super-friendly and professional. My only complaint was you HAVE to valet, which I didn't know going in. So plan on that ($22, I think, plus tip). But it was great and we'd stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear BrandonPerdue,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found the staff to be professional and friendly. We do hope that you will return again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My husband and I had a short weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary; We decided Savannah was a short drive from Atlanta (about 4 hours) and wanted to explore this historic city. We chose the Hyatt based upon location- and that was a good decision!

The hotel sits "right" on the river and you can take the elevator to the basement to walk the "River Walk" area of shops, entertainment, and restaurants. You can also walk to the historic area called "Jones St" and see all the beautiful mansions.

The room was good; comfortable bed (not a Westin heavenly bed, but I'm spoiled!). Good sized; We had a small balcony (no chairs) that overlooked the River Walk. You can stand out there and people watch. It was quite 'noisy' on Saturday night as there was a wedding right under us on the boardwalk. We turned the fan on "high" and eventually everyone went home.

We had a 'breakfast' package, so this was included each morning in the dining room. The hostess was one of the nicest folks at the hotel! The first morning we were there (Saturday, May 25th) there was an incredible SURLEY lady at the Omelette station. We ended up giving up and having the eggs of the day. The buffet is nice; not sure I'd pay $30 for it if it wasn't included in our package; but there was always a hot egg dish, breakfast meats, a bit of fruit and breads.

We took a horse and carraige ride on Sunday morning and had a wonderful time! Since just the two of us showed up, we ended up getting a 'private' tour; and he went where we wanted him to (Jones St area and showing us all the old mansions).

We also drove out to Tybee Island (which on Memorial day weekend probably wasn't the best idea ever as we sat in Traffic for over an hour); but we had a nice time at the LIghthouse (view was stunning, $10 to climb); and then had dinner at the Crab Shack (ABSOLUTEY recommend!) the crab shack stew is now a favorite, along with crab legs at this funky outdoor restaurant with alligators. The pulled pork BBQ was pretty good as well.

The bar at the hotel was "so-so" service; and the 'deal' on drinks they give you if you're Platinum gives you happy hour pricing on their house wines. Wasn't impressed with that selection at all, but you can't beat the view in this restaurant.

There are also several antique shops within close proxity (but quite pricey); and a nice package liquor store almost next door to the hotel. We found some great wines at a great price and that solved my happy hour issue :)

Overall, a nice stay, we will be back.

Room Tip: Choose one with a view of the River Walk
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear indianatraveller,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your comments to the appropriate department heads for review. We do hope that you will return again soon.

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This hotel had the best staff imaginable...everybody was extremely helpful with my mother whom walks with a walker (not too good-nor too fast).....there was not a frown to be seen on any of the faces that worked there.....not a bad word out of anybodies mouth....This was good to see and hear.
My complaint is that I had reserved a Handicapped room because of my mother....little did I know that we would be walking 1/2 way around the building to get to the room.....that was tough ..because we were in and out because of my daughters Graduation from SCAD.
The Hyatt is a beautiful Hotel-as is Savannah a gorgeous, romantic city.....I just wish things had been better for my mother-it was tough on all of us in the Hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a handicapped person with you that normally uses a walker-bring along a wheelchair.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. I would like to sincerely apologize on behalf of the staff not offering you the option to use our wheelchair that we have in the hotel. We appreciate your feedback, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. I have notified the Rooms Director to make sure that we are paying close attention to our handicapped guest. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We are positive if given the opportunity again we could achieve this goal. We hope you enjoyed your time in our historic city.

Elizabeth Kim