“safe,convenient but bland choice”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The hotel itself is a charmless building, sticking out like a sore thumb among the lovely renovations and facades of Savannah. The in-room coffee supplies were sub-par,and the bathroom clean but tiny.

However-The bed and pillows were very comfortable, linens crisp, cool and white, air conditioning and water pressure great, and all staff friendly and efficient. I would stay again because they views and location were as good at trendier boutique hotels nearby, at a much better price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear camdengirl,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room comfortable and the staff friendly. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding the coffee supplies and the bathroom amenities to appropriate department heads for discussion. We hope that you are able to return again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I chose The Hyatt because it was right on the Savannah River.

I had booked a River view room and was so glad that I had.The view from my room, (334) was STUNNING. The Port is the 3rd largest in the US and the action never stopped. It was truly mesmerising.
The Hotel alone was extremely mediocre. The Hotel seems largely to cater to Groups. Conferences and Summer Camp groups abounded , leaving lone travellers such as myself to try and get served for breakfast, cope with the noise and be subjected to so much shrieking and door slamming, both late at night and early morning.

The food at best was awful. Breakfast was ok... A choice of a la carte, or Buffet. The Crab cake was delicious, everything else soggy and cold.

Room service was cheery but the food...dreary. A salad that was so overloaded with dressing, the most awful creme brulee that I have ever had.

On one night there was a room service glitch. I went to the bar to order some food, saying that I wished to take it to my room as room service was going to message. I was given food in plastic boxes and was also given plastic cutlery...awful.

By my last night I had discovered a Greek Restaurant so that was covered.

The Bathroom was dark, no extractor fan and windows that don't open. It was a Wheelchair friendly room and really was in need of a major refurb.

Every Staff member with whom I spoke was fabulous. 'Go the extra mile' seemed to be the Mantra. This suggest that the Management is excellent, and that is not always the case in business.

I would most certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
HyattRegencySavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We are positive if given the opportunity again we could achieve this goal. We hope you enjoyed your time in our historic city.

Elizabeth Kim
Food and Beverage Assistant Outlets Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Even though we were here only for one night, my two room mates and I had an amazing stay. THe Hyatt is centrally located almost directly in the middle of the river front and the staff is amazing. The room was very clean and the bedding was comfortable. There was an amazing view of the river front from our room and the a/c kept the room nice and cool while being very quiet.

Great pool and workout room as well that we saw, but did not utilize.

The staff was very friendly and were always smiling it seemed when I saw them.

From what I hear the hotel is very expensive normally, but we got a great deal on a 3rd party travel site. Always check around. Also, we opted to park a block away from the hotel and pay the parking deck $7 a night rather than the $22 the hotel wanted.

Room Tip: Upper floors and rooms on the sides have an amazing view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear mixercub,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so happy that you and your friends enjoyed our location, found our staff amazing and the guest room comfortable. We do hope that you are able to return again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I spent three nights at the Hyatt Regency in Savannah, GA last week. It is one of the nicest hotels wwe have ever stayed in. Our room was on the fourth floor and we overlooked both River Street (really nice shopping area) and the Savannah River. The river was very active with all types of boats and ships. Our room was comfortable and clean. The staff was great. Everyone we came into contact with was super-nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of both the river and River Street shops.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank oglethorpe

Dear oglethorpe,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you found your room pleasant and the staff helpful. We hope that you are able to come back and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Rooms... The rooms are smaller and do not come with a refrigerator or microwave, unless you get a certain area the balcony you have looks into the hotel not the water.
Breakfast... I was charged 36 dollars for two people and the food is overrated
Location... The location is wonderful especially if you like being close or taking a trolley
Service... The staff here are very genuine people that seem to be pleased to help you in any way possible
Value... The breakfast is very expensive and there is no wifi without charge, the computers are also available except for the fact that it is 5.95 per 15 minutes, parking is $22 per night.

Overall, it is a nice and well staffed hotel but do be wary of how you spend your money or bring things to do in the room that don't require wifi.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Travel_momma00,

Elizabeth Kim
Assistant Food and Beverage Outlets Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through a 3rd party site and got a good price on a last minute room. From the time we arrived, we were greeted with polite and helpful employees. Our room was very nice and clean. We had a nice view of the river and the bridge. The only complaint I would have would be thin towels in the bathroom, but they did their job. We really received over the top service as we returned from a hot run in downtown Savannah. The bellman, Robert, noticed us and offered us a bottle of water to refresh us. There was always a focus on a good customer experience from the staff in every area at the Hyatt- from the check in desk, server at the coffee shop and Zee in the Vu lounge and even in the gift shop. No matter where we were in the Hyatt, we could see the focus on their guests. The location was perfect. We didn't have a car during our 3 day trip and walked every where we wanted to go downtown. We thoroughly enjoyed our quick getaway to Savannah!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jill T

Dear Jill T,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time and I will pass along your kind words to Robert and Zee. We look forward to exceeding our guests expectations and I am glad to hear that we were able to do that for you.

We do hope that you are able to come and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary, and we traveled to Savannah to spend the day and night there. We chose Hyatt originally because of it's perfect location on the river front, and because of its reputation as a great hotel.
From the beginning, the service was fantastic.
The valet was very polite and expedient in getting our vehicle inspected for any damage before he took it to the garage.
But it was at the front counter where we truly started to receive service beyond what was expected. Mary checked us in, and from the start she was a pleasure to work with. She was able to upgrade us into a Suite over looking the river. That was a treat, because we could see the ships going right past our window. The room had a fridge and comfortable furniture.
And the breakfast room service was excellent!
Later that evening, she sent champagne and chocolate covered strawberries up to our room to help us celebrate our anniversary.
I'd also like to mention the folks that work in the bar area. A gentleman by the name of Val was the bar tender there, and he could not have been more friendly. We got an afternoon meal, a cigar, and a few drinks that day, and he took great care of us.
We also spoke with antother bar tender Renee for a bit, and she was a real treat as well.
This was the first time my wife and I were able to get away together for an overnight trip in a long while, and this hotel made our time in Savannah spectacular. The service couldn't have been better, the room and view were great, and the location was perfect. And...I have to admit...I was enthralled by the 30 minute loop of "Local Savannah Attractions and History". It was cheesy and looked like it was filmed in 1995 - but it was actually pretty informative, and nothing less than hysterical. I hope they Never get rid of it! I want to be watching it again next time we come around...

We WILL be staying there again on our next trip to Savannah. The only thing I would suggest: I am very aware that most ammenities are to be paid for, especially at an establishment like the Hyatt. But there is NO reason that wifi should cost $10 to log onto. Fortunately we were able to find some other signals to hook up to, but in this day and age, wifi is used more commonly than the telephone, and this has been the first hotel I've stayed at in recent memory that has attempted to charge for wifi access. That should be a benefit that customers get when they decide to spend good money at your hotel, and especially a hotel of your caliber.

This Hyatt has the best location in the city, the rooms are very clean, the view is great, and the service is perfect. Be sure to stay here on your trip to Savannah!

Room Tip: Get a room on the river if possible - you'll appreciate it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris W,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay with us and for selecting us to celebrate such a wonderful occasion. I am so happy to hear that our staff was able to exceed your expectations during your stay. I will pass along your kind words to Mary, Val and Renee as they will be happy to hear they were a part of a special visit.

We hope that you are able to return again soon!