“Great Location Indeed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Location Indeed”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency on New Year's Eve for a total of three days. The hotel is located close to everything. Within walking distance, one can stroll on River Street, or walk toward the Farmer's Market. The hotel staff was courteous, polite and accommodating. Due to low occupancy, the hotel was able to give me a room with a river view. A room with a river view is definitely much preferable than their inner-court facing rooms. Their gym is decent. Morning breakfast was average. The rooms are spacious and the bedding is comfortable. If possible, try and book a rate that includes valet parking. Parking is a little bit problematic in Savannah, GA.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay in this Hyatt property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Ancient2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and found the staff polite and accommodating. We hope that you will visit with us again next time your travels bring you to Savannah.

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
georgia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights right after Christmas. It is the perfect location to everything. Just take the elevator down and it puts you right in the middle of River St. From the hotel you can walk all over Savannah. The hotel rooms are a little dated but I found a great price for $99 per night on Travelzoo. This Hyatt has a indoor pool so it was great for my 3 kids. The pool is set up very nice. Lots of great lounge chairs for the adults while you watch the kids swim. The best part of the stay was all of the friendly staff. Everyone was willing to help with a smile on their face. This is my kind of place. Great bar atmosphere all the way to the coffee shop. Will return again and again!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear beachqueenGeoriga,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found the location perfect for your travels and that your children enjoyed our newly renovated pool. I am also excited to hear that you will return again and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I picked this property due to being a Hyatt gold member and due to the previous great experiences at other Hyatt properties. That being said, it did not live up to my expectations.
As expected the customer service was nice. My issue I am left with was the lack of follow through I experienced on 2 occasions: once when i needed to print something and could not access the internet, I complained to the front desk clerk and she could not help. I later found a business center which would have reduced my anxiety had the front desk told me about that earlier. I did print the document I needed for a tour. The second time was when we were going to check out. We asked the bellhop in person if we could take a luggage cart to our room. We stated we were going to head there right now, and twice were told to just dial 52 and wait when we were obviously ready to leave. Nevertheless, we carried our bags down ourselves.
The room we had was an upgrade to a junior suite, looked over the water. The room itself was spacious, my only issue at first was having only one tv to share with two sides of the room. The phones did not work without using the speaker button on the one phone. Another one worked.

Our bathroom just looked tired, nothing special. We can complain that the tv is challenging. No real kid channels, movie selection was minimal for the PG crowd. I also could not find the "sleep" button on the remote. Also interestingly, one soap bar was only given to us. We moved it from the sink to the tub...yes we could have called for another one, but yet again, the phones were not that inviting to use.
Also would have loved a better primer on all the elevators and where they all went to. Accidentally discovered some that lead directly out to the shopping at the harbor!
Parking people were all nice and accommodating.
Basically, I am not sure if I'd return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations due to the incident that occurred with the front desk and your check out process. We have made note of your comments and have shared it with the department about the comments you had. Feedback such as yours is important to us because it allows us to improve our process. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Elizabeth Kim
Assistant Food and Beverage Outlets Manager
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We chose the Hyatt as part of our 42nd wedding anniversary and Christmas celebration. We were not disappointed. We had not chosen to stay there for several years for a number of reasons not related to prior experience and based on this trip will certainly stay there again.

From the greeting at the portico, through check inn, bar service, breakfast service and check out, the staff were just excellent.

We were give a room overlooking the river with great views of passing shipping and the Talmage suspension bridge. The room was comfortable, well cleaned and maintained.

The location is unsurpassed with an easy walk to River Street, historic district attractions, restaurants and shopping. The concierge was particularly helpful in guiding us a celebratory dinner at the Old Pink House. The hotel contributed to our celebration with complimentary champagne. Thank you Hyatt! Much appreciated.

Like most Savannah historic district hotels, their parking charges are rather high but those flying in need not rent a car due to the convenience of the location

Room Tip: River View rooms cost more but first timers to Savannah should spring for them,.
Dear mcgriff41,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. Also, thank you for including us in the celebration of a wonderful milestone. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet that goal for you and your spouse. I will pass along all your kind words to the hotel staff as they will be pleased to hear them.

We look forward to having you visit with us again soon!

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel was nice and staff friendly (expected from the south). Clean, room was nice. All the rooms have a balcony - and views of the atrium inside. The location of our room wasn't so nice. We were in 663. the view from our balcony was directly at the exit of the elevators. We were so close, I could probably stepped onto the railing and be directly at the elevator - saving time to not have to walk around the corner. We were there new years eve. Nice thing, the hotel had a special celebration area at the bar - directly overlooking the river - so we had great views of the fireworks. And not crowded since you could only enter if your name was a registered guest, and you could only have a guest with you if your room was for double occupancy. So no wait for ordering drinks or snacks. Location of hotel was also great - just two mins away and you could be at the Market and enjoy the celebration there too. And Paul Dean's restaurant is two blocks away! One other thing, Parking was kinda expensive for being a guest - $22/night - same as parking as downtown Chicago - but parking is exclusively valet. No free Wi-Fi which surprised us because every Hyatt we have stayed at had free Wi-Fi. Spa area was nice - free apples and water - but the pool is not heated and was freezing cold, and no hot tub. Breakfast is not included, and for the price and location would be nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not near the elevators - these rooms have bad views and can be noisy with on-going...
Green Features: I really didn't see any - but that doesn't mean they don't have any
Dear mdmefeline,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our location perfect for visiting Savannah, you found our staff friendly and enjoyed the celebration in Vu Lounge. I will pass along your thoughts regarding the valet parking, internet and pool to the appropriate department heads for review and discussion.

I do hope that you will come back and visit us again in the future!

Pa.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

we arrived sun. dec. 1st. and stayed 5 nights. everyone was very nice and very friendly . Our room was great with a side view of the river which we were not expecting since we didnot pay for a river view.. The room was always very neat and cleaned very well. The location of the hotel was excellant. We could walk everywhere on the river or in the historic district. We only used our car 2 times. We would stay at the Hyatt again. Loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the sixth floor with a side view of the river. My husband enjoyed watching the lar...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Palumbergirl,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time and found our hotel to be the perfect location for your visit. I hope that you are able to come back and visit us again soon!

Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This hotel works very well for anyone who likes to be centrally located. No need for a car when staying here- you can walk this city very easily (and definitely try Grits & Magnolia's Walking Tours). The rooms haven't been renovated in a while, but everything is clean and well maintained. The staff is well trained in Southern hospitality!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the atrium. Even opening the blackout shades, it was hard to know what time of...
Dear WanderlustGator,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found the hotel to be the perfect location for your time in Savannah. We hope that you are able to come back and visit us again soon!