“Nothing special”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #31 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was only there for a weekend, but when you pay that to stay in a Hyatt, you expect a whole lot more! And being a part of their rewards program, well they don't even give you a bottle of water! Got treated better staying across the street at the Ha__t_n I_n! They could learn something.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. We have made note of your comments and have shared it with upper management about the comments you had about the hotel. Feedback such as yours is important to us as it allows us to correct and improve our operations. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Assistant Food and Beverage Outlets Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,080)

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have stayed in Hyatt 5 times before. This was the worst. I was in a river-view room with balcony. The room was just average, not Hyatt standard. Bathroom fixtures were quite old. Customer service was poor. The only good thing about this hotel was the location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. We have made note of your comments and have shared it with upper management about the comments you had about the hotel and our staff. Feedback such as yours is important to us as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operations. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 27th -28th
Wow I dont even know how to start review this hotel let me start by saying I am a Hyatt gold member so in this case I know what I am talking about. If I didnt know the group I would have said was a sub par group and that this was a 3 star at best. The reason I gave it a 1 is because I could give it a 0. I booked 2 and half months in advance and mail and confirmed and made sure everything would be in order as this is a special time of year so I arranged for a late check in as we where driving from Nashville to Savannah. So arriving there I wasnt worried stood in line with the other guests checking in around 9pm heard one of the staff saying to the Manager on Duty Daniel that thought we where full didnt know we took "walk in's" I then had the pleasure of being checked in by the Manager himself when I then said we arrived he pulled a face and I said what is wrong and after all on the 2 month arranging and mailing went out the window....they gave our room away. Ok they can send an extra "double"bed to the room, and dont forget about the crib for my 14 month old that had to fit in as well. Well lets just say this all took about a hour to sort out and the room was wall to wall beds. They gave the room for free but if I wanted to stay for free I would have stayed at home. The next day they moved us to another room and this was ok at best. I will never stay there again and this was the worst Hyatt if have ever been to. If you want to visit Savannah do not stay at the Hyatt!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JacoRSA
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. We apologize for the misunderstanding with your reservation. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Great hotel in a fantastic location. Spent 5 days at hotel and everything was wonderful. Check in was quick. The front desk staff was very knowledgeable. One morning when I wanted to go for an early morning run, I asked what would be a good route. The young man at the front offered me a runners map. Also, whenever we called housekeeping for more towels or toiletries we needed in less than 5 minutes someone was knocking on our door. The lounge and restaurant have amazing views of the river. We spent NYE at the hotel and did not have to fight the crowds on the riverfront. We had the perfect view of the fireworks. Our room was clean and spacious and we had a nice city view. The hotel itself is very cool in the sense that some rooms face the inner lobby area. Good if you are a people watcher. I will definitely be back to stay at this hotel. Everything and everyone made our stay fabulous.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Mercy S,

Thank you so much for the recent review of your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and found it to be perfect for your visit. I am also excited to hear that you plan to return and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our first stay in the hotel and Savannah and we loved both. I was a little hesitant to book our stay here after reading a few reviews regarding dirty rooms but I saw nothing that needed attention. The hotel is clean, our riverside room with a balcony was perfect, and the staff was welcoming and gracious. We would stay again.

Upon check in we were upgraded to a junior suite but declined because the junior suites do not have balconies and being able to stand on the balcony overlooking the river was more important to us than a larger room.

This hotel straddles River Street and the river front rooms almost overhang the river. This is a working, busy, international shipping harbor and there are always big cargo carriers and tug boats going in and out all hours of the night and day. We loved it and would jump out of bed to stand on the balcony and watch them, I realize some might find it annoying, we found it wonderful fun.

The extra cost of a river front room with a balcony is worth every penny. The Vue Lounge on the lobby floor was full of friendly folks and a great place for a nightcap.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation

Room Tip: Go for River front with a balcony, you won't regret it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sanfordtraveler

Dear Sanfordtraveler,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your first visit to Savannah and with us. This ships that pass by our hotel day are night are amazing to watch as they crawl by. I am also delighted to hear that you would stay with us again and we thank you so much for the recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency on New Year's Eve for a total of three days. The hotel is located close to everything. Within walking distance, one can stroll on River Street, or walk toward the Farmer's Market. The hotel staff was courteous, polite and accommodating. Due to low occupancy, the hotel was able to give me a room with a river view. A room with a river view is definitely much preferable than their inner-court facing rooms. Their gym is decent. Morning breakfast was average. The rooms are spacious and the bedding is comfortable. If possible, try and book a rate that includes valet parking. Parking is a little bit problematic in Savannah, GA.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay in this Hyatt property.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ancient2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and found the staff polite and accommodating. We hope that you will visit with us again next time your travels bring you to Savannah.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt for 3 nights right after Christmas. It is the perfect location to everything. Just take the elevator down and it puts you right in the middle of River St. From the hotel you can walk all over Savannah. The hotel rooms are a little dated but I found a great price for $99 per night on Travelzoo. This Hyatt has a indoor pool so it was great for my 3 kids. The pool is set up very nice. Lots of great lounge chairs for the adults while you watch the kids swim. The best part of the stay was all of the friendly staff. Everyone was willing to help with a smile on their face. This is my kind of place. Great bar atmosphere all the way to the coffee shop. Will return again and again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear beachqueenGeoriga,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found the location perfect for your travels and that your children enjoyed our newly renovated pool. I am also excited to hear that you will return again and we look forward to welcoming you back!