“Nice, but not outstanding”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed one night in December. She went to SCAD so I have visited several times, but I usually stayed out near the 95. This was only the second time I stayed downtown. It was a nice location and we were able to walk down to The Pirate House for dinner. The room was nice but again not outstanding. The service was good and overall I don't have any complaints, it just wasn't up to what I would call Hyatt Regency standards. I gave it only 3 stars because it wasn't outstanding, however, keep this in mind that it is 3*'s on a 4* hotel. You could stay in a 2* hotel and give it 3*'s and it wouldn't be comparable. You wouldn't be comparing apples to apples. Compared to a normal 2* hotel this would get 4*'s easily. It's all relative.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Elizabeth k, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Heidi M.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns for the hotel on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate feedback such as yours as it allows us to work harder to improve our operations for our guest. If you have any time to share your thoughts on ways we could have exceeded your expectations and made your stay outstanding, please do not hestiate to contact me at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,136)

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel has many facilities, great gym and nice pool. If you don't get a river view then stay somewhere else better and cheaper. It is fantastic to watch the ships go past! Book it cheap on one of those websites. We would have been very unsatisfied if we paid the full rate. Very central location. Rooms are worn and the hotel is due for a renovation (late 2014 we were told it was getting one) Phone, tv remote and most places were not very clean is our room. Overall, if we didn't have a river view, our experience would have been below average. Hotel - please don't thank me for my feedback just deep clean your rooms for the next guests.

Room Tip: River view is what this hotel is about!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cadepia
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Dear Cadepia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns on tripadvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Savannah overall and we hope that you will allow us to host you again after we have gone through some renovations. We do apologize for the cleanliness of the room not meeting your expectations and I have shared that information to the houskeeping department. We really appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to improve our operations. If there is anything else we can do to exceed your expectations, please do not hesitate to contact me at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We enjoyed our two-night stay last week at this refurbished Hyatt. The location was very convenient for access by boat shuttle to the convention center. Rooms are comfortable, although not quite to standard of many other Hyatt properties. The bathroom is quite small. Rooms are neat and clean to start, but housekeeping did not remove our towels we placed on the tub nor put away the ironing board and iron (even though we left a good tip). The river view room was worth the nominal extra charge. The breakfast buffet had several starchy and high fat dishes, but food was decent. I dined there for lunch one day as well, and the chicken sandwich was quite good, and I was treated well even though they were about to close up to prep for dinner. A major negative is the extra charge for internet, that had a security certificate problem. Don't use it! Recommended only with a special pricing deal.

Room Tip: Choose river view at level five or higher.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your full expectations. We have made note of your comments and have shared it with appropriate manager about the comments you had about the hotel. Feedback such as yours is important to us because it allows us to correct and improve our operations, if we have the pleasure to host you stay again. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Guest Serivces Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2014

On December 27, 2013, I attended the Sol C. Johnson High School "Grand Reunion" banquet at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. The dining room appeared to be under-staffed because my food was served noticeably late. I never received the sweetened ice tea I requested at least three times. After overlooking me for several minutes, the waiter finally announced that the hotel had "run out of tea." I have much difficulty conceptualizing that a hotel as grand as the Hyatt Regency leaves its paying clients thirsty because they had no means to serve a single glass of iced tea! Needless to say that this incident was handled very poorly by the food and beverage staff... "in bad taste."

Dr. James E. Carter
Durham, NC

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations due to the lack of service when dining with us . We have made note of your comments and have shared it with upper management about the comments you had about the hotel. Feedback such as yours is important to us. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was only there for a weekend, but when you pay that to stay in a Hyatt, you expect a whole lot more! And being a part of their rewards program, well they don't even give you a bottle of water! Got treated better staying across the street at the Ha__t_n I_n! They could learn something.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. We have made note of your comments and have shared it with upper management about the comments you had about the hotel. Feedback such as yours is important to us as it allows us to correct and improve our operations. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I have stayed in Hyatt 5 times before. This was the worst. I was in a river-view room with balcony. The room was just average, not Hyatt standard. Bathroom fixtures were quite old. Customer service was poor. The only good thing about this hotel was the location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. We have made note of your comments and have shared it with upper management about the comments you had about the hotel and our staff. Feedback such as yours is important to us as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operations. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed 27th -28th
Wow I dont even know how to start review this hotel let me start by saying I am a Hyatt gold member so in this case I know what I am talking about. If I didnt know the group I would have said was a sub par group and that this was a 3 star at best. The reason I gave it a 1 is because I could give it a 0. I booked 2 and half months in advance and mail and confirmed and made sure everything would be in order as this is a special time of year so I arranged for a late check in as we where driving from Nashville to Savannah. So arriving there I wasnt worried stood in line with the other guests checking in around 9pm heard one of the staff saying to the Manager on Duty Daniel that thought we where full didnt know we took "walk in's" I then had the pleasure of being checked in by the Manager himself when I then said we arrived he pulled a face and I said what is wrong and after all on the 2 month arranging and mailing went out the window....they gave our room away. Ok they can send an extra "double"bed to the room, and dont forget about the crib for my 14 month old that had to fit in as well. Well lets just say this all took about a hour to sort out and the room was wall to wall beds. They gave the room for free but if I wanted to stay for free I would have stayed at home. The next day they moved us to another room and this was ok at best. I will never stay there again and this was the worst Hyatt if have ever been to. If you want to visit Savannah do not stay at the Hyatt!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JacoRSA
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. We apologize for the misunderstanding with your reservation. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system.