“Perfect location”

Ranked #32 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a girls weekend in Savannah and stayed at the Hyatt. It was the perfect location for us to park and walk everywhere we wanted to go. Just a few blocks to Broughton Street and all the shops, plus all the great restaurants you could ever need. I also like staying near water, so the Hyatt in right on the river with a back access road to River Street.

The room was good size, clean, and had great water pressure in the shower. The only issue we had was the full beds - would have been more comfortable for 2 with a queen bed, but otherwise, all was good.

Nice big lobby with friendly staff and 3 fast elevators made for a very comfortable stay. We parked the first day and never used the car our entire stay. That being said, be aware that there is a parking fee of $24/night to park at the Hyatt. I wasn't aware of this prior to staying. Parking in Savannah is at a premium, so please figure that into your costs.

Room Tip: Our room was on the street side, so was a bit noisy at night. We had a white noise machine so it hel...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Adro08
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Adro08,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location perfect for your trip and our staff friendly. We hope that you are able to come and visit with us again.

Best Regards,
Sarah Menard
Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The room was clean. Hot water didn't work in the bathroom sink. Walls are thin, could hear the kids next door but am sure they were excited for New Years Eve. Was located right on the river and in the center of the historic district.. Could walk anywhere.. Didn't eat at the restaurant here, went to many others that were local. Had to go across the river to the spa at another location.

Room Tip: Can get a decent price online, rooms on the river are more expensive of course. but needed to exten...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donna a
HyattSavannah, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Donna A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We do apologize from the loud noise, and not having a spa conveinently located in our hotel. We have shared your thoughts with upper management about having a spa in our hotel for our travelers. If there is anything else we can do to exceed your expectations, please do not hesistate to contact me at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com

south Georgia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was on business and picked up a rate from an internet site that wa half their usual rate. The property is unchanged from years of going to Savannah. The restaurant is not open for dinner.
I am sure that is because there are such great restaraunts is Sav. The tile and marble and tub in the bathrooms is quality material but it is showing age. The bed is comfortable. Valet parking is the only option - $24. Breakfast buffet is $17.95 Good but... Watching the big ships go up and down the Sav. River is ther only appeal. Starbucks is the coffee and for those that love it, great! I like coffee; Dunkin Donuts, Gevalia, not too strong Starbucks. Ther was two people ahead of me for checking in and I was there for 9 minutes before getting in. My street side greeting was a quick, what brings you to Savannah? and then the valet did cursory review of my truck's dints and scratches so they can have a disclaimer as to any damage. The lounge staff was busy talking with each other. If I paid the normal rate of $224, I would have felt ripped off.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view for sure. Go as a couple.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank blessedman
Elizabeth k, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Blessedman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay in Savannah and hope that you will always remember your encounter with the ships going by from your hotel room with fondness. We do apologize that we were not able to exceed your expectations with breakfast in our restaurant, the coffee that you had in our Perks coffee shop, and the lounge staff not remaining attentive to you. I have also expressed your concerns with upper management about the outdated bathroom. We appreciate feedback such as yours, as it allows us to improve our operations. If there is anything we could do to exceed your expectations for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com

SIncerely,

Lockport, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed one night in December. She went to SCAD so I have visited several times, but I usually stayed out near the 95. This was only the second time I stayed downtown. It was a nice location and we were able to walk down to The Pirate House for dinner. The room was nice but again not outstanding. The service was good and overall I don't have any complaints, it just wasn't up to what I would call Hyatt Regency standards. I gave it only 3 stars because it wasn't outstanding, however, keep this in mind that it is 3*'s on a 4* hotel. You could stay in a 2* hotel and give it 3*'s and it wouldn't be comparable. You wouldn't be comparing apples to apples. Compared to a normal 2* hotel this would get 4*'s easily. It's all relative.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Heidi M.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns for the hotel on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate feedback such as yours as it allows us to work harder to improve our operations for our guest. If you have any time to share your thoughts on ways we could have exceeded your expectations and made your stay outstanding, please do not hestiate to contact me at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Hotel has many facilities, great gym and nice pool. If you don't get a river view then stay somewhere else better and cheaper. It is fantastic to watch the ships go past! Book it cheap on one of those websites. We would have been very unsatisfied if we paid the full rate. Very central location. Rooms are worn and the hotel is due for a renovation (late 2014 we were told it was getting one) Phone, tv remote and most places were not very clean is our room. Overall, if we didn't have a river view, our experience would have been below average. Hotel - please don't thank me for my feedback just deep clean your rooms for the next guests.

Room Tip: River view is what this hotel is about!
Green Features: Saving the environment by not cleaning their rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cadepia
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Dear Cadepia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns on tripadvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Savannah overall and we hope that you will allow us to host you again after we have gone through some renovations. We do apologize for the cleanliness of the room not meeting your expectations and I have shared that information to the houskeeping department. We really appreciate your feedback, as it allows us to improve our operations. If there is anything else we can do to exceed your expectations, please do not hesitate to contact me at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We enjoyed our two-night stay last week at this refurbished Hyatt. The location was very convenient for access by boat shuttle to the convention center. Rooms are comfortable, although not quite to standard of many other Hyatt properties. The bathroom is quite small. Rooms are neat and clean to start, but housekeeping did not remove our towels we placed on the tub nor put away the ironing board and iron (even though we left a good tip). The river view room was worth the nominal extra charge. The breakfast buffet had several starchy and high fat dishes, but food was decent. I dined there for lunch one day as well, and the chicken sandwich was quite good, and I was treated well even though they were about to close up to prep for dinner. A major negative is the extra charge for internet, that had a security certificate problem. Don't use it! Recommended only with a special pricing deal.

Room Tip: Choose river view at level five or higher.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your full expectations. We have made note of your comments and have shared it with appropriate manager about the comments you had about the hotel. Feedback such as yours is important to us because it allows us to correct and improve our operations, if we have the pleasure to host you stay again. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Guest Serivces Manager
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 January 2014

On December 27, 2013, I attended the Sol C. Johnson High School "Grand Reunion" banquet at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. The dining room appeared to be under-staffed because my food was served noticeably late. I never received the sweetened ice tea I requested at least three times. After overlooking me for several minutes, the waiter finally announced that the hotel had "run out of tea." I have much difficulty conceptualizing that a hotel as grand as the Hyatt Regency leaves its paying clients thirsty because they had no means to serve a single glass of iced tea! Needless to say that this incident was handled very poorly by the food and beverage staff... "in bad taste."

Dr. James E. Carter
Durham, NC

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations due to the lack of service when dining with us . We have made note of your comments and have shared it with upper management about the comments you had about the hotel. Feedback such as yours is important to us. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more depth, please contact me directly at Elizabeth.kim@hyatt.com. I hope that you were able to enjoy your stay overall in Savannah and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Assistant Food and Beverage Outlets Manager