“Noisy and Dated”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Florida
“Noisy and Dated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We went for the St. Patrick's day parade. We were put in a room next to the ice machine. There was no view because it was $40 to upgrade to a room with the river view. We had paid almost $300 with tax for the room. Once the door was closed, we could not hear the noise from the machine. But at night, we could hear the noise from the lounge although it was closed later on. And the people who came back in the middle of the night did not want to keep their voice down. They talked when they got the ice. And the noise of getting ice woke me up a few times. There was a fight down the hallway. I did not know if it was a fight in a room or between two different rooms. I just knew it lasted for a long time and the language made me uncomfortable. Both my husband and I did not get much sleep throughout that night. And the room didn't have refrigerator. A lot of things were dated. But the bed was clean and comfortable. We had to wait to have warm water for the shower. Great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear JJZ223-

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Savannah for your recent trip to our historic city. Thank you as well for completing this review, as feedback such as yours is invaluable as we strive to exceed guest expectations at every turn. I wanted to apologize for the lack of tranquility in your room, and let you know that we are due for a rooms renovation at the end of this year, which will provide more soundproofing, as well as refrigerators and microwaves in most guest rooms. If you choose to visit Savannah again, we would love to be your hosts and show you the high level of service we can provide.

Thanks-
Josh Klein
Guest Services Manager
Hyatt Regency Savannah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We drove to Savannah and when you pull up to this Hotel you know it's going to be a great place.
Looks great. Staff is everywhere ready to help.
We wanted to go to Hueys for breakfast and it was right outside Hotel.
You can go to any restaurant in walking distance.
Rooms had killer views and the whole experience is what you would expect from a Hyatt Hotel of this class.
Location,location, location. This is in the epi center of Savannah. It does not get better.
Price is very fair for what you get. You can grab a special if you go online from Hot wire or one of those services sometimes.
You will love Savannah for sure and this Hotel is the way to see it.
The #1 location there,

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. He who asks sometimes gets it. Don't ask don't get
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear martin d,

Thank you so much for selecting the Hyatt Regency for your time in Savannah and for posting such a great review. I am so delighted to hear that you found our location perfect for your visit downtown and that our staff was here to assist you in every way. I hope that you will return to Hyatt Regency when your travels bring you back to Savannah!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

I attended a conference last week that was being hosted at the Hyatt Regency in Savannah Georgia. My entire experience was spectacular from my initial check in to my departure. The Front Desk Associate Ms. Dekisha Hamilton was very personalble and professional. She assisted me by answering all of my questions and ensuring that all of my hotel needs were met. The professionalism that she displayed is the type of customer service that I would like to receive at all establishments. Although my entire stay was wonderful, I encountered one issue with the heat in my room. The temperature outside was in the 70's one day and then fell to the 40's the next day and the vent was blowing out cold air. Mr. Tommy (engineer), was very prompt in responding to my concern and rectified the matter within a matter of minutes. He went above the call of duty by coming back later to ensure that the heater was operable and to my satisfaction. The housekeeper Ms. Lillian was very attentive and really took pride in her work. The hostess at the Windows restaurant consistantly demonstrates great customer service. I remember seeing her last year (when I was here for a conference), and she was very pleasant on both ocassions. The breakfast buffet was very good and they have an array of items to choose from. I also visited the Vu Lounge located in the lobby. The waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and really appeared to love his job. Although he had only been employeed for a short period of time, he really took pride n his work. The fried green tomatoes were the best that I have ever had. Upon checking out, I was assisted by another Front Desk Associate named Shade. She was also very pleasant and customer service driven. My final encounter was with Mr. Matt Palmer (Front Office Manager). He made sure to inquire about my stay and wanted to make sure that everything went well. Overall, I was very pleased with my entire stay and will definately stay at the Hyatt Regency when I visit Savannah again. I highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Savannah.

Room Tip: I highly recommend getting a corner room that overlook the harbor and River Street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear CG B,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your entire stay. Our staff strives to exceed each guests expectations every day and we are all excited that we were able to do that for you. I will pass along your kind words to our staff as they will all be happy to hear them. I would also like to thank you for the recommendation. Previous guests' recommendations are very important to us and we certainly are appreciative of that along with your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Savannah. We hope you will return again to visit soon.

Newberry, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Got a great deal on Priceline, couldn't find a better place to stay to experience Savannah. Good service, good location, plenty of great parking on River Street. We didn't opt for a river view ($35 more), but weren't stuck with an interior view, either. Interior rooms have small balconies into the atrium. Literally over River Street, it was great!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zachary D
Dear Zachary D,

Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be good and our hotel location perfect for your visit. I do hope that you will come back to visit with us again soon.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

2 things make this a great hotel choice when staying in Savannah: Location and customer service. The location is perfect. You can walk to everything. Great, great location. People-I did not encounter one person who was not extremely nice. From the cleaning staff, to the hostess, to the gift shop attendant, valet, bell service, and front desk...EVERYONE was very, very nice. At check in, Daniel was very professional and helpful. He made a difficult situation very easy. He made sure everything was taken care of. The bell hop, David was also wonderful. He made sure we were taken care of and went above and beyond the call of duty. In an age where customer service is lacking, this was a nice change and I was blown away by just how hard people in this hotel work to make you feel at home.
I can't brag on the room. Yes, it is clean and nice, but nothing special. The TV was small and the picture was not good. The bathroom is also small and the tub area needs to be re-caulked. The bed was the best part of the room--very comfortable. The food was good, not great, but good. I do believe it was overpriced. Everything at the hotel is very expensive--however, the location is perfect and the people are great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Blaine2424
Dear Blaine2424,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so welcoming and fantastic and our location to be perfect for your visit. I will certainly pass this along to our staff so they can hear your accolades. I will also pass along your suggestions regarding the guest rooms and bathroom to our Engineering Department for follow up. We hope that you are able to return again soon!

Macon, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency recently and would like to say the hotel wasn't bad, but a few things still bug me, especially after having worked in the hotel industry.

After checking in, we were upgraded to a room overlooking the river. Not bad, the room had a wonderful view of the Westin across the harbor, but if you looked the opposite direction the Savannah bridge was a great sight, and the lights at night were wonderful.

The room was clean, and I can't complain too much about the room. I was disappointed at the lack of a refrigerator in the room.

However, after checking in, and dragging our luggage to our room, we were standing there when another couple entered our room. The front desk had given 2 sets of keys to the same room. The front desk was very apologetic, the other couple was checking in at the same time and their computers never caught it, but it did leave me feeling an uneasy about somebody else walking in on our room, and as a law student with my laptop and a ton of books in the room (no, I can't even go on vacation without my books) it was of some concern for me.

We left and toured river street, came back, and our keys didn't work. This irritated me again. As we had to go back to the front desk and wait. Granted the hotel was sold out, it was just an unnecessary step. Finally, on our checkout the front desk did not have any bellmen to send to the room, and they would not allow a bell cart to leave with a guest. We'd already pushed a bell cart to the groom, so I wasn't really sure why it was a big deal at checkout. So, instead, I had to lug all my luggage down stairs and outside. I travel with about everything except the kitchen sink, so this was no easy task, especially with the added books. When I got to the valet, they managed to tell me that I'd have to carry all of my stuff back into the hotel, through the lobby, into the lift again, and back into the parking garage to obtain my car. At this point I was beyond angry and prepared to write Hyatt a nasty letter.

I want to say though, I did book the room through a third party, got a terrific rate, and was excited about my random last minute trip to Savannah. The staff for the most part went out of their way to accommodate the issues and their customer service was excellent, with the exception of the luggage cart, which they also took care of, and the valet, upon realizing that I had brought all of my stuff out refused to let me move, and she went to get my car for me and did some amazing maneuvering to get the car ready for me to load my luggage. I would not pay the normal rates for this property. It is dated and showing it's age, besides being this monstrosity on the middle of Savannah's gorgeous River Street. If the price were right, and it wasn't going to be such a chaotic time for the hotel (holiday + conventions at the same time) I would stay again because of their customer service. The manager the night of my checkin and the manager the day of checkout went above and beyond to compensate for the shortfalls of the hotel, even having booked through a third party, and for that reason, for the right price, I would certainly stay again. I just hope that they begin a massive renovation soon, as the location is amazing, the view was amazing, and the room wasn't bad, but most of all their customer service spoke wonders for this hotel.

Room Tip: The River Side rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joshinnorthGA
HyattSavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Joshinnorthga,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. It gives us such pleasure knowing that our customer service exceeded your expectations and that we went above and beyond during your stay. We would like to apologize for the condition of the room not meeting your expectations and inform you that we are in the planning phase to undergo a major renovation for our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve our system for our future guest and we hope that you will visit us again once we have renovated our hotel.

Elizabeth Kim
Assistant Outlets Manager
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a lovely hotel situated in the heart of River Street. Our room faced the river and it was really fun to watch and marvel at the huge container ships as they went by. Hotel is located within walking distance of several great restaurants and also has a great retaurant located within( and a coffee bar featuring Starbucks,too). Rooms were comfy, clean and up to date. The Staff at this hotel were friendly and attentive. Was always greeted with a friendly hello and smiling face!!

This is a great hotel with a friendly, welcoming staff located within walking distance of restaurants. shopping and sights! A great choice in a great location!!!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the river
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear jhans,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with your visit and found the hotel to be the perfect location during your stay. We hope that you are able to return again soon!