“Loved it!”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #29 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Great location on River Street. Can walk anywhere. Great deal on Priceline and small fee to upgrade to river view where you are literally over the river. Dolphins in the morning. Huge cargo ships outside the window. Very friendly staff. Valet parking only and $26 but $16 for overnite parking a block away. Wish we could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear pjlsw,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you loved your stay with us. The views from our river view rooms are fantastic and it is a special occurrence that you got to see the dolphins! We hope that you are able to return soon and visit with us for longer.

Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,078)

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Super clean hotel and room. It is centrally located within walking distance to shopping and the best restaurants. Right on the river front. The hotel is super safe. It offers a birds eye view for anyone who wants to only watch the happenings on the river front walk. Will choose this hotel every time we go to Savannah from now on.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Chickelbuck,

Thank you so much for selecting Hyatt Regency as your hotel during your time in Savannah and thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the location perfect for your ventures. It is also wonderful to hear that you will return again when your travels bring you back to Savannah. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We went for the St. Patrick's day parade. We were put in a room next to the ice machine. There was no view because it was $40 to upgrade to a room with the river view. We had paid almost $300 with tax for the room. Once the door was closed, we could not hear the noise from the machine. But at night, we could hear the noise from the lounge although it was closed later on. And the people who came back in the middle of the night did not want to keep their voice down. They talked when they got the ice. And the noise of getting ice woke me up a few times. There was a fight down the hallway. I did not know if it was a fight in a room or between two different rooms. I just knew it lasted for a long time and the language made me uncomfortable. Both my husband and I did not get much sleep throughout that night. And the room didn't have refrigerator. A lot of things were dated. But the bed was clean and comfortable. We had to wait to have warm water for the shower. Great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear JJZ223-

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Savannah for your recent trip to our historic city. Thank you as well for completing this review, as feedback such as yours is invaluable as we strive to exceed guest expectations at every turn. I wanted to apologize for the lack of tranquility in your room, and let you know that we are due for a rooms renovation at the end of this year, which will provide more soundproofing, as well as refrigerators and microwaves in most guest rooms. If you choose to visit Savannah again, we would love to be your hosts and show you the high level of service we can provide.

Thanks-
Josh Klein
Guest Services Manager
Hyatt Regency Savannah

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We drove to Savannah and when you pull up to this Hotel you know it's going to be a great place.
Looks great. Staff is everywhere ready to help.
We wanted to go to Hueys for breakfast and it was right outside Hotel.
You can go to any restaurant in walking distance.
Rooms had killer views and the whole experience is what you would expect from a Hyatt Hotel of this class.
Location,location, location. This is in the epi center of Savannah. It does not get better.
Price is very fair for what you get. You can grab a special if you go online from Hot wire or one of those services sometimes.
You will love Savannah for sure and this Hotel is the way to see it.
The #1 location there,

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. He who asks sometimes gets it. Don't ask don't get
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear martin d,

Thank you so much for selecting the Hyatt Regency for your time in Savannah and for posting such a great review. I am so delighted to hear that you found our location perfect for your visit downtown and that our staff was here to assist you in every way. I hope that you will return to Hyatt Regency when your travels bring you back to Savannah!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I attended a conference last week that was being hosted at the Hyatt Regency in Savannah Georgia. My entire experience was spectacular from my initial check in to my departure. The Front Desk Associate Ms. Dekisha Hamilton was very personalble and professional. She assisted me by answering all of my questions and ensuring that all of my hotel needs were met. The professionalism that she displayed is the type of customer service that I would like to receive at all establishments. Although my entire stay was wonderful, I encountered one issue with the heat in my room. The temperature outside was in the 70's one day and then fell to the 40's the next day and the vent was blowing out cold air. Mr. Tommy (engineer), was very prompt in responding to my concern and rectified the matter within a matter of minutes. He went above the call of duty by coming back later to ensure that the heater was operable and to my satisfaction. The housekeeper Ms. Lillian was very attentive and really took pride in her work. The hostess at the Windows restaurant consistantly demonstrates great customer service. I remember seeing her last year (when I was here for a conference), and she was very pleasant on both ocassions. The breakfast buffet was very good and they have an array of items to choose from. I also visited the Vu Lounge located in the lobby. The waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and really appeared to love his job. Although he had only been employeed for a short period of time, he really took pride n his work. The fried green tomatoes were the best that I have ever had. Upon checking out, I was assisted by another Front Desk Associate named Shade. She was also very pleasant and customer service driven. My final encounter was with Mr. Matt Palmer (Front Office Manager). He made sure to inquire about my stay and wanted to make sure that everything went well. Overall, I was very pleased with my entire stay and will definately stay at the Hyatt Regency when I visit Savannah again. I highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Savannah.

Room Tip: I highly recommend getting a corner room that overlook the harbor and River Street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear CG B,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your entire stay. Our staff strives to exceed each guests expectations every day and we are all excited that we were able to do that for you. I will pass along your kind words to our staff as they will all be happy to hear them. I would also like to thank you for the recommendation. Previous guests' recommendations are very important to us and we certainly are appreciative of that along with your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Savannah. We hope you will return again to visit soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Got a great deal on Priceline, couldn't find a better place to stay to experience Savannah. Good service, good location, plenty of great parking on River Street. We didn't opt for a river view ($35 more), but weren't stuck with an interior view, either. Interior rooms have small balconies into the atrium. Literally over River Street, it was great!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zachary D

Dear Zachary D,

Thank you so much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be good and our hotel location perfect for your visit. I do hope that you will come back to visit with us again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

2 things make this a great hotel choice when staying in Savannah: Location and customer service. The location is perfect. You can walk to everything. Great, great location. People-I did not encounter one person who was not extremely nice. From the cleaning staff, to the hostess, to the gift shop attendant, valet, bell service, and front desk...EVERYONE was very, very nice. At check in, Daniel was very professional and helpful. He made a difficult situation very easy. He made sure everything was taken care of. The bell hop, David was also wonderful. He made sure we were taken care of and went above and beyond the call of duty. In an age where customer service is lacking, this was a nice change and I was blown away by just how hard people in this hotel work to make you feel at home.
I can't brag on the room. Yes, it is clean and nice, but nothing special. The TV was small and the picture was not good. The bathroom is also small and the tub area needs to be re-caulked. The bed was the best part of the room--very comfortable. The food was good, not great, but good. I do believe it was overpriced. Everything at the hotel is very expensive--however, the location is perfect and the people are great!

1  Thank Blaine2424

Dear Blaine2424,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so welcoming and fantastic and our location to be perfect for your visit. I will certainly pass this along to our staff so they can hear your accolades. I will also pass along your suggestions regarding the guest rooms and bathroom to our Engineering Department for follow up. We hope that you are able to return again soon!