“Very nice stay”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here on Wed, just a few days ago. We would have stayed a second night, but the rate went up pretty dramatically and they were almost full. Our room overlooked the park on Bay Street. We were happy with the cleaning and didn't see some of the issues previously mentioned. The location is perfect and we had a very quiet night. We thought the check in staff was top notch. Wish there had been a whirlpool spa along with the pool.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear jmull50,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the guest room and staff. I will pass along your thoughts regarding a spa for discussion and I will also inform the front desk staff of your kind words. I hope that you are able to come back and visit with us again soon!

Sarah

Write a ReviewReviews (3,077)

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The lobby is beautiful and staff very friendly. We had a balcony and the view of river and ships was breath taking. But that was where it stopped. The room was $300 a night, no refrigerator or microwave. The room was not as clean as cheaper hotel we have stayed in. After 2nd night my husband was covered on both arms with bites that looked like bed bug bites. I would not stay here again or tell anyone else too. Also the walls are paper thin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Jancie G,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your view from the guest room and found the staff to be very friendly. We would also like to take this opportunity to apologize once again for the concerns you had with your guest room. Thank you for bringing it to our attention before departing the hotel, a full inspection of the guest room was completed and there was no activity of insects found. I have also forwarded your comments regarding the concerns for amenities not offered in the guest room and cleanliness to the appropriate department heads for review and follow up.

We strive to exceed all of our guests expectations and we are sorry that we were not able to do that for your visit. Please continue to contact us directly if you should have any further questions.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great location. Rooms are very clean, and nice as long as you get an outside view - otherwise you get to stare at the escalators. Service is friendly and quick. Had one great meal there (pecan waffles with peaches and honey cream), and two absolutely horrible meals (salad had too much dressing, soup may as well have been from a can, dessert tasted like chemicals).

The internet is ungodly slow. Seriously, fix your internet. Worst I have seen in a long time.

Valet only parking ($24/day) would be a big problem if I had a car.

Room Tip: Outside-facing rooms. Corner is fantastic if you can get it - there are windows on both sides.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegency351, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Nearingg-

Thank you for staying with us at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and the location, rooms, and service exceeded your expectations. I wanted to express my sincere apologies for the two meals you did not enjoy and the slow internet. I have passed along your comments to our executive chef and director of audio/visual services so these can be addressed for future guests. If your travels bring you back to our historic city, we hope that you will stay with us again!

Josh Klein
Hyatt Regency Savannah
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We just returned from a convention and stayed 5 days at the Hyatt . The staff was excellent and very helpful, especially the Cons ire Desk , called ahead to make reservation at a local restaurant (Chart House ) and had a complimentary appetizer ready for us . The Hotel is clean , but it needs some upgrades and some remodel . But would return again , but hopefully it is on Hyatt's remodel list in the near future ...

Room Tip: Get a River view it well worth it .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Southerntraveler9,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found our location to be perfect for your stay. I will pass along your kind words to our concierge and the remainder of our staff as they will be excited to hear them. I will also pass along your comments regarding the remodel to the appropriate department heads for review. I do hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip but overall I thought it was decent value for the price and pretty much standard as far as Hyatt hotels go. It is the kind of Hyatt I stayed in a lot in the 80's and 90's where there is a floor to ceiling atrium that the hotel is built around. The problem with that is atrium side rooms can be noisy when there are a lot of people milling around or in a social gathering on the ground floor. My room during this stay had windows to the atrium and one night I was there was pretty noisy until 10 pm or so. Bathroom was nice and kept clean by the staff. The decor is up to date and the soft white down comforters on the beds are fantastic! The location is really great - right in the historic area of downtown Savannah and next to the ferry stop, which was handy since my business was across the river each day. Was extremely easy to get a taxi in the garage when it was time to leave for the airport.

Room Tip: Request a river view room to avoid the atrium noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Explore17814,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found the location to be perfect for your visit with us. I will certainly pass along you comments regarding your guest room to the appropriate department heads for review and discussion. We hope that you are able to return for another visit again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Hyatts generally get it right, this one does as well. Although a business trip, I'd use them for a family visit to Savannah in a minute. Helpful staff, perfect location and really comfortable beds, too!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear bizdoc328,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and the found the staff helpful and the location wonderful. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome back you and your family whenever travels bring you this way!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Other then location this place is gross! First day the maid really did nothing but pull up the covers, everything else was just left (trash) and nothing was replaced (cups,shampoo etc). We figured we would wait until the next day before we complained and see what happened. We'll we couldn't wait because that night a roach crawled across the pillow next to where my daughter was sleeping, I lost it!! Seriously?! Called and they apologized said that the head of housecleaning would detail the room, would be perfect blah blah blah. Room looked good when came back, next morning we are packing things up , open all the drawers to make sure we have everything and my 9 year old says "who's bag is this?" I open it and it's a bag full of condoms!!! Since it was two women and two kids in our room, obviously not ours!! Then the topper was the second roach crawling up the wall as we were exiting the room...eeww!
This hotel is dirty and dated and needs a lot of help. If they weren't on the river they would probably be empty. Oh, and we paid $40 more a night to have a river view.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melinda G
HyattSavannah, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Melinda G.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying with us at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. I have read your concerns and addressed the issues that you had with the Executive Housekeeping Manager so that we able to see our areas of improvement and focus on those issues. We appreciate your feedback and we are in the planning process of renovating our hotel. Please do not hesistate to contact me with any additional feedback.

Elizabeth Kim