“Great Location, average rooms”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #32 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa, Ontario
“Great Location, average rooms”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I love the Hyatt brand and I was happy to stay at one once again. It is an older property but very well kept. It is in the heart of Savannah next to the river. The room was nice but it seems like the furniture was showing its age. Nevertheless, it was clean. Nice comfortable bed. Get a river view if you can. Highly recommend Vic's on the River steps away from there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J9257
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear sens1992,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your visit with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the location to be perfect for your time in Savannah. I hope that you are able to come back and visit with us again soon!

Social Media Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was my 3rd trip to Savannah. While I was spoiled last year by the Bohemian, the Hyatt wasn't bad. It was leaps and bounds beyond the Four Points. The staff were very courteous. I wan't a big fan of having to use my room key in the elevator, I understand and appreciate the security aspect of it but the card reader was worn out and finicky. The room was nice and clean although it was very obvious that it is an older hotel that has gone through some face-lifts as opposed to full renovations. I was not lucky enough to get a river view by did have a nice view of the city. The first night I got there a big storm was coming in and I sat in the comfy chair and watched it roll in. The bed was cozy. All and all it was nice. One of the nicer places I've stayed.

Room Tip: River view is the best, City view is also nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Paul L,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent visit with us. Thank you also for selecting Hyatt Regency Savannah for this visit! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you very much for your comments regarding the guest room and the elevator security. I will certainly pass along your thoughts regarding the card readers for review and discussion and I am excited to let you know that we are in the planning stages of a renovation of our guest rooms to be completed early next year. I hope that you are able to return for another visit soon!

Social Media Manager
Cranford, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Get location...walking distance to historic district, river front, etc. Hotel was nothing special and IMHO overpriced ($24/day to park, $10/day internet, made you feel a bit nickeled and dime). Maid service not done by 2:30, going all the way up to our room after a LONG travel day only to find our key didn't work so we had to go back to the lobby and back, didn't add to the experience. Breakfast was ok, with nice staff

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Jerseydave56,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent visit with us. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our location and found the staff nice, I am sorry to hear that we we fell short in some areas. I have passed along your comments regarding additional fees and your inconveniences with housekeeping and the keys to the appropriate department heads for review, discussion and follow up. This type of feedback is very important to us so that we can continue to improve in all areas. Thank you again and I hope that you will view this as a one time oversight and return again for another visit in the future.

Sales Manager
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Hyatt location is fantastic. We upgraded to water view and were greeted by a rather large boat spraying water to and fro. The windows are very large and allow a great view. The barges looked like they were coming at you. Endless entertainment for the kids. Rest of Hyatt is average. Building is old and ugly. Rooms were worn and could use some repairs. Very much a conference center type of hotel but if you are not overly picky it suffices.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sagevactioneer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. It is wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed the location and view from your guest room. No matter how many times you have seen the ships come in/out of port it is always breathtaking to see. I would also like to thank you for your feedback regarding the guest room. I would like to offer my apology that we were not able to exceed your expectations during your visit as that is our goal with every guest. I am excited to inform you that we are currently in the planning phase of a total guest room renovation with an estimated completion in the beginning of 2015 and I hope that you will come and visit with us again and see our new product.

Hudson, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Ms Viola Spatcher makes the best Sweet Tea in the South; which means it is the best sweet tea anywhere! I'm by myself on this visit, but feel like I'm at home! The Southern Charm of this restaurant rings loud and clear, even for a large hotel chain restaurant. They are a role model for all hotels. Thank you so much

Room Tip: Great view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear FloridaFishHunter,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Windows Restaurant along with the company of Ms. Viola her sweet tea. It is wonderful to hear that she made you feel at home during your stay with us. I've passed along your kind words to her and our food and beverage team. Thank you again and I hope that you are able to return again soon!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 April 2014

modern hotel right on the Savannah River. Ask for a river view for an interesting perspective. Hotel right on River Street and very close to the exciting historic district. Helpful staff and a great gym to work off the calories from all the great Savannah food.

Room Tip: Ask for a river facing room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear 91942,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you found out hotel to be an excellent location and our staff helpful. Savannah's food is so wonderful and easy to overindulge in, I'm glad that our gym met your expectations to work it off before heading back home. We hope that you will come back and visit us again for another visit and some more great food!

Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed 22 April 2014

With location in mind, you cannot beat this hotel. It sits right on Bay street in the heart of downtown Savannah, within walking distance of everything, with hotel elevator access to the river where the restaurants and piers are. The perfect place to stay at a mid-range price point (relative to area), with ultra clean rooms (special treatment). We used the valet garage which is expensive, but well worth the cost to protect your car and for the comfortable ins and outs. Local parking garages are available nearby (approximately two blocks) but not as safe IMO. They cost half as much, but to me, its worth the extra cost to be safe and know my car will be safe as well. The room is updated and is the typical business person's style, with desk, coffee table, and normal bathroom. The inside of the hotel is quite stunning, similar to Disney's Contemporary Hotel for those that have stayed there. The staff was excellent, from the valet to the front desk to the bellman. We were given the wrong room (twin beds instead of a King) but they not only corrected this in record time, but later that evening, the manager left a bottle of wine with an apology note. A very classy hotel since the error was very minor and solved within two minutes of being notified without any discomfort. Would that most hotels react this way when mistakes are made. They would be the better for it. I have always stayed at Hilton properties because of service but this Hyatt has made me a convert.

Room Tip: City views are just as nice as river views IMO and cheaper.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlos A
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Carlos A,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you found our location to be perfect for your visit and enjoyed the use of our valet service as an amenity. I am also delighted to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations with the error on room type at check in. Thank you very much for your kind words. We hope you will come back and visit us again soon and I am happy to hear that you will stay with Hyatt again in the future!