Hyatt Regency Savannah
US$191
US$188
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Bar/Lounge
US$216
Doubletree.com
3,214 results
All reviewsriver streetwindows restaurantgreat locationvalet parkingcity halla river view roomhistoric districtcontainer shipsper nightwithin walking distanceindoor poolcorner roomvalet serviceking bedsouthern hospitalityelevatorconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We just returned from beautiful Savannah on our first trip there. We stayed at the Hyatt and reserved a balcony room. What a pleasure. First, the hotel's location is A+. Two blocks from City Market, etc. Our room was special because just outside our balcony was the Savannah River Seaway, and HUGE ocean going ships passed within yards of our room, day and night - very cool! The service was excellent as were the food and drinks.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are only on the second floor, so reserve early!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear QuincyKid,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent visit with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found our location to be perfect. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your balcony room view and were able to see the ships as they came into port. I hope that you will come back and visit with us again soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The staff was amazing! $310. For a room that was below standard for a Hyatt is very disappointing . I do realize that this is an older property but it's in bad need of renovation . The chairs in the room were badly stained as was the carpet . The bed needs fitted sheets or at least sheets that are going to stay in place on the bottom as well as some sort of pad that kept bunching up . Hope some renovations are in the works for this place. Spent the night before in Charlston at the Inn of Charleston, cheaper rate and a fabulous newly renovated room and after Savannah, the next night at a Holiday Inn Express that was 10 x's better than the Hyatt ! Sorry Hyatt ! At least the people were friendly ! Oh and what a rip-off too the $24. Parking fee

Dear Branda M,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. First, I would like to say thank you for the comment regarding the friendliness of the staff. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for the challenges that you had during your stay. Our staff reviews this information very closely and we thank you for your feedback. We strive to exceed each guests expectations and I apologize that we were not able to reach that goal during your visit. I am excited to let you know that we are currently in the planning phase of a guest room and bathroom renovation scheduled to be complete in the first part of 2015. I hope that you will come back and visit with us again.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

It was our first time in Savannah and I booked a room at Hyatt Regency hotel right in the Historic district. What a wonderful staff they have! Upon checking in I mentioned that this is our first time in Savannah and Dekisha (the staff member) gave us a room on 6th floor with a gorgeous view. We were very happy with our room – it was perfect: the view, it was clean, quiet, spacious (for a family of 3). Dekisha made us feel very welcomed. It made us want to come back. A gentleman at the tours desk (I think his name is Phil, but I don’t remember) was very nice and very helpful as well. He told us what tours are better for our schedule and gave us good advice on what to do while we were in Savannah. We had great time and next time we’re in Savanna, we’re definitely staying at Hyatt. I should also mention the location – I can’t think of a better location.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for a nice room. I asked and was pleasantly surprised - room 614
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Diana O,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent visit with us. It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I will certainly pass along your kind words to Dekisha and Phil as they will both be so excited they were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit again soon!

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Arrived here in the evening. We were travelling south to Florida from Boston and I just love stopping in Savannah. The ability to stay on the riverwalk and just walk about the beautiful old city area makes the few miles off I-95 so very worth it. We generally don't get back into the car until lunch time the next day to continue our trip south. The horses in the front are kind of pricey (from a Boston standard) but they offer more than just a horse and carriage ride. It is a bit of an excitement for the kids to see them and a bit of a let down when you think you might be able to fit it in-but then realize that you can't because you don't wanna spend over 100.00 to do an impromptu make the kids sequel sorta thing. So we didn't go but they quickly forgot and you don't have to pass them again if you go out the other way. So be warned if you kids are charmed by the idea of it that it costs over 100.00 and they require reservations. This is a big hotel feeling hotel with Valet only parking. 24.00 I think is what we paid. Strait onto the room charge so you don't have to worry about any separate company etc. The usual room valet charge parking. There is no self parking so be prepared to pay it and enjoy doing so. Makes your experience so much better when you know these things in advance. You can walk to the riverwalk from the elevator from the lobby. You have to take two elevators to get there. The guest elevator takes a room key and my kids loved that it was a glass elevator. The inside atrium style still has a fun feel to me- not sure about you all but It is enjoyable. The drinks at the bar are pricey. there are specials on the wall in the elevator- I suggest you read them and stick to ordering what ever it is and save your money for buying a drink and walking down the riverwalk with it. Savannah is one of the few places you can drink (a single alcoholic drink) while walking in public. It is a much nicer experience than a simple hotel bar when you consider how fabulous a walk in Savannah is anyway. Our room was your standard hotel room. The hotel is a busy one- feels like it likely hosts a lot of conventions. Rooms are often fully booked. It was kind of noisy as I am a light sleeper but it was the standard kind of doors opening and closing noisy and we were close to the walk way to our wing from the elevator. The kids loved the teeny balcony facing in toward the atrium. I would have loved to upgrade to a river walk view but was surprisingly satisfied with our internal only view. We went swimming in the morning. It is a very small swimming pool. You have to walk through the gym to get to it and there are no bathrooms inside the pool area (you have to go out to the gym) so if you have smaller kids have them pee first! The pool was clean. The gym made me wish that I had the ability to use it on this trip. It looked way better than your average hotel gym. We did not eat here. We took the kids to the Pirate house Buffet for an early lunch instead. The kids just love that place. I did stop at the Starbucks in the hotel and the woman at the register was slow as we had just driven down from the north (in a true southern style kinda slow), but lovely. She was very friendly and just a delight to be served by. It's been a long time since I enjoyed waiting in line to be given an empty cup to wait in a another line to then pour it. But in truth when you can stand in a short line for a silly amount of time with two wet kids from the swimming pool and not mind waiting - you know the person must be as sweet as sugar. Checking out the line was short, quick and again the people were nice. The bathrooms in the room were a bit old but the water pressure in the shower certainly made up for it. Loved the candy shoppes on the riverwalk.

Room Tip: ask for a river view or a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear qualtyk9,

Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time in Savannah and found the hotel to be the perfect location and an ideal setting during your visit. We hope that you are able to return again to visit soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Staff was amazing, friendly, helpful. Upgraded to a river view room with a great view of River Street. Older rooms but in process of renovations end of 2014. Was able to view a preview room for the upgrades/renovations - SO excited to return. Room was clean, Bell Staff was friendly & so helpful.

Room Tip: River view room with view of River Street definitely worth the upgrade fee!!

IkeVause,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your visit with us. It is wonderful to hear that you found the staff amazing especially the Bell Staff. I am also excited that you got the opportunity to view of our model room. We are very excited for the changes! I will pass along your kind words to our team. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!