“Great Location, Great Staff, Great Hotel”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Stamford, Connecticut
“Great Location, Great Staff, Great Hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just got home from a father/daughter bicycle adventure from Key West to Virginia Beach. On a trip like that you often find yourself having to stay in places that can be classified as "not suitable for human habitation". Where you stay each night is a function of how far you can bike, the weather, where you can get a reservation etc... When we were biking through Savannah we noticed there was a Hyatt Regency and decided to treat ourselves to someplace that we hoped would be very special. The Hyatt Regency in Savannah did not disappoint - it was great! We had a terrific room overlooking the river and boardwalk. The location was perfect, right in the middle of everything you would want to experience in Savannah. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly the staff was great. One anecdote - we had struck up a conversation with manager in the restaurant, Josh Klein, and mentioned that we were biking up the Atlantic Coast. When we returned to our room that night there was a huge gift basket full of Clif Bars, Powerbars, Granola Bars, Gatorades and water. Awesome!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elliot4321
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Elliot4321,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. First, let me say congratulations for completing such a long bicycle adventure. That sounds amazing! I am delighted that you selected to stop and rest with us and even happier to hear that you enjoyed your time. I will certainly pass along your comments to Josh as he will be excited to hear them. We thank you for stopping in to visit with us and next time your travels bring you to Savannah we hope that you will visit with us again.

eCommerce Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (642)
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. The room was very clean....needs some updating however it's not very noticeable. The staff was really friendly. The location could not be better, right in the middle of river walk...close to everything. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank alafaya
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear alafaya,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our biggest compliment is a returning guest and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Savannah.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

There were a few great things about the staff at the hotel. Anthony in catering and event set up should have been the assistant manager because Alex was not very happy or Nora with a church event. Especially a gospel conference. David Cheek was a blessing to us at guest services and the housekeeping staff could not have been more courteous. The sites and access were really nice and so were the rooms. If you are from a church or having a church event this is not the place for you. The GM was very helpful with our problems but the used car convention was a problem to have at the same time especially the two that used the N word on the elevator. Breakfast buffet was okay except for cold biscuits and scrambled eggs.; Look out for mgt but enjoy staff

Green Features: wi fi did not work in room till hotel let me have paid wifi for no charge
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fred J
Dear Fred J,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences and challenges experienced during your conference. We strive to exceed each guests expectations and we fell short of that goal during your stay. I am happy to hear that Anthony and David were able to assist you in making sure everything was corrected. We thank you for your business and hope that you will allow us another opportunity again in the future.

Bonifay, FL
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I really appreciated the professional and friendly staff. I was treated with great respect and courtesy by every staff member I met.

I enjoyed the meals in the dining room and conference. The food was delicious but pricey. Drink service in the bar was great.

The conference area was well managed. My room was a bit dated, but clean.

Great job Hyatt.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank RJG1999
Dear RJG1999,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found our staff to be friendly and the conference was a success. I hope that next time your travels return you to Savannah you will visit with us again.

SpingBreakAshley
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I actually booked this hotel through priceline, not knowing what I was going to get. If you don't already know how it works, you pay upfront and choose what level hotel (how many stars) you want to stay at. They give you a discounted price, and after payment you find out where you will be staying. I was very pleased when I heard that The Hyatt was the hotel we got! When we arrived there was a military ball of some sort happening in the lobby. It was very cool to experience the men in their uniforms and women in long gowns representing the US. We lucked out on timing there! Check in went smooth, and the employees at the hotel were very accommodating. The concierge, valet staff, and front desk women went out of their way to help us feel comfortable and taken care of. The only down side to this was contacting them from our room. It sometimes took about 3 or 4 phone calls to the operator before a successful connection with who we were trying to reach. The hotel was big, and the location was PERFECT. It was located very centrally, directly on River Street, so it was easy to get to where we wanted to go. There were lots of pubs and restaurants close by. Its also waterfront which was beautiful. The hotel itself was a little older then most Hyatt properties I have stayed at in the past, but thats part of Savannah's charm. Old buildings with a lot of history is what makes Savannah so intriguing. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again if passing through Savannah in our travels!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SpringBreakAshley
Dear SpringBreakAshley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found the staff accommodating! Our best compliment is a returning guest and it is wonderful to hear that you will return when your travels bring you to Savannah. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kingsland, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Let me start off by saying I arrived at the hotel at 12 noon but couldn't check into my room until 5:30p. The staff tried very hard to be accommodating and I do appreciate that. The room was not that impressive, because there was no refrigerator or microwave. The rooms were clean otherwise. If my company didn't pay for the room, I probably would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LaShuntala H
Dear LaShuntaia H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize for the delay in checking into your guest room. I am pleased to hear that our staff tried very hard to accommodate you during your wait. We take our guest feedback very seriously and I will discuss this with the appropriate team members for review and discussion. I hope that if your travels return you to Savannah that you will allow us another opportunity.

Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The location is great. Right on the river. This hotel is a little tired but the staff is NOT. Southern courtesy and hospitality at ever turn. Attentive staff and tons of smiles.
Rooms are good and the beds are comfortable with very comfortable pillows. Bathroom is dated with basic tiles and tub. Tub had great water pressure but no pressure at the sink.
Rooms are clean and fresh.
Be sure to arrange a taxi before you leave as they don't stand out front. You will be late to the airport otherwise. The great staff make up for facility weaknesses.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Joe L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your most recent visit with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found the staff to be attentive. I am excited to inform you that we are currently in the planning stages of a guest room renovation. I hope that next time your travels bring you to Savannah you will visit us again and experience our new product.