“Not worth the money....”

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #88 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 26 February 2008

Well, I was on a business trip to Macon and I knew that after that I was going to go to Savannah for a day. After cutting my Macon trip a day short, I decided to go ahead and go to Savannah a day early. The hotel I had reservations for could not accommodate me a day early, so I decided to stay in another La Quinta since that's where I was staying in at Macon. I wasn't too thrilled with the hotel in Macon, but thought maybe this would be better.

The hotel wasn't quite what I was expecting when I arrived. It was in south Savannah....around the "not so glamorous" side of town. It is, however, on the road that's a straight shot into Historic Savannah.

The rooms are exterior rooms, and the parking lot sure got busy at night. I was a little worried about all the activities going on in the parking lot, and I worried about the car all night long.

The rooms itself are decent in size, but the toilet/shower area made me feel claustraphobic. There's a door closing the toilet and the shower from the sink...which left no room to move around in that part. Really really small!!

We tried to do the breakfast but the lobby was so busy and so small, we decided to eat at the Denny's next door. Fortunately, we only had to stay one night at this hotel. And unfortunately, none of my stays in a La Quinta were pleasurable enough for me to want to stay at again....in any other La Quintas.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 November 2007

This is a basic older motel. The price is right at $59.00 per night, and the free breakfast in the morning is surprisingly decent. Free wireless internet for your laptop too. About 8-10 miles from Historic Savannah. There's a 24 hour Denny's next door and a Wachovia Bank, along with a Bennigan's two doors down. Don't expect luxury, because you won't find it here. The beds are basic - no pillowtop mattress, down comforter, and linens. No luxurious bath amenities. The carpeting in the room is dark and older, and the bedspreads are possibly the originals, with the dark floral print. There is a slight mustiness to the room. But everything is in working order. If you need a cheap, inexpensive place to stay within fairly close driving distance to Historic Savannah, and you don't care about the upgraded amenities offered at other hotels, this might be a good choice.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank denevemarie
Reviewed 29 July 2007

Room was very dirty when we arrived....dirty towels and soiled bathroom. Lamps did not work. Some guests were also allowed to sit in the parking lot and drink bottles of Jack Daniels.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mulderkess
Reviewed 4 June 2007

We have stayed at La Quinta several times in other towns and States,Therefore i was shock to experience such a bad trip. Towels was soiled badly,bathrm not clean,no soap in bathrm,lamp didnot work.
construction workers was hammering on walls waking us up at 7am. After 9pm a univited staff actually walked in our rms while we was in bed!
The stay was so bad that we checked out a day earlier than planned,and We left in a bad rain storm.

Stayed: June 2007
5  Thank mrsannnga
Reviewed 29 May 2007

Well, Easter '07 led us to the beautiful and wonderful city of Savannah, GA, which is one of my all time favorite cities. I really enjoy returning to Savannah over and over, but it can get really pricey if you stay downtown. If your looking for luxury by all means downtown is your choice. But if your on a budget and looking for a nice, clean, safe place to sleep, this is the place, and only minutes from downtown.
We found La Quinta Midtown on line while searching for affordable accomodations in the area. I was a little leary, being that I've not been familiar with the area, but let me tell you, it turned out to be a great choice.
The hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great. Huge selections for breakfast including waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruits, cereals, yogurts and much more. Our room was very nice and beds were comfy. The area is nice, great if your a shopper, the mall is just a few blocks down the street.
It was a straight shot driving to the downtown area, not to mention how beautiful a drive it was.
There is so much to do in Savannah, why waste all your money on a room when you can use it to explore the sights?
I can't say enough about the La Quinta Midtown, I will stay here again.

Stayed: April 2007
5  Thank girlz_on_the_go
Reviewed 20 April 2007

Clean room. Comfortable bed and recliner. No noise. Good continental breakfast. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank cedargirl
Reviewed 4 January 2007

Stayed at this hotel right before Christmas and it was above nice and clean. The room was big enough. Being in a dog-friendly hotel is a benefit specially when you travel with you four-legged companion. The front desk staff member was very helpful, help me with internet search and printed it the pages for me. Very accommodated and customer service oriented.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple