“Great Staff Comfortable Beds”

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #88 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We have been to Savannah 3 times in the past month, I have a
nephew who is new to Savannah State University, so we've been driving from Bethlehem, Georgia to Savannah, Georgia with him doing orientations, registering and what not. Each time we come to Savannah we stay in a different hotel. LaQuinta Midtown is close to the college and it's located in an area that's close to shopping and eating. So on our last trip we decided to stay at LaQuinta Midtown.
The parking lot is tight (small) especially in the front at the check in door, and in front of some of the rooms, we were in 127 the parking is very tight if you park in front of the doors.
The room is small but everything in designed to accommodate the size of the room, so you have plenty of walking space. You have a sitting area with a nice size table (2 chairs) which can be used for eating meals, that same area can be used as a work desk, which is where I used my laptop.There's a nightstand, a clock and of course a phone, a dresser and two double beds. Iron, ironing board, hair dryer, 5 cup coffee maker, closet and luggage rack. The beds were clean, the room was nice and clean, I loved the three layers of window drapes that can be opened or closed according to your desire. The carpet was fresh smelling, no odors at all. The bathroom was clean and neat.
Nice size television, it sits on the dresser top, which I am not a fan of, if you're going to have a televeision in the guest rooms than make an investment in the proper furniture, a television cabinet with doors and a pullout base would be nice.
Overall our stay was great. I just wish the rooms had small microwaves and small refrigerators.
I had some difficulty with getting my laptop to work, but as soon as I called the front desk the young lady asked me if I would like the General Manager to come over and set it up. My reply was yes, and within minutes he was in our room setting up my laptop. Thanks...
I was told that the breakfast was good, I did not eat breakfast but the rest of my traveling party ate, they all enjoyed it. When we requested extra towels in the middle of the day someone from the staff brought them right over.
The rooms do not have a microwave, but there's one availabe in the commons area, so even after breakfast is over you have a comfortable place to eat. There's coffee and hot chocolate creams, sugars, disposable plates, bowls cups and eating utensils.
The staff was very friendly and polite, we were in the LaQunita for three days so we were there for a few shifts of different staff and everyone was great.
The pool was right outside of our door, it was clean and seemed like everyone was having a good time. We never swimmed because during our down time it was raining. I even noticed management cleaning the property, when you walk pass any of the staff they always spoke. I can't say enough nice things about the staff.
Next door there's a Denny's restaurant, they were friendly and helpful. I had a late night Chocolate dessert at about 10:30PM, they are open 24 hours. Next door to Denny's there's a Bennigans Grill and Tavern they were friendly and polite as well, we ate luch there. "Don't forget to tip those folks most of them are college students." Maybe about 3 miles away on Abercorn St. (leaving the front of the hotel going to your right) there's a mall and about another mile away from there you'll run into a Kmart and plenty of places to eat.
The only issue we had with our room was a very very small leak from a crack in the corner of the ceiling above the shower head. It was so small we didn't even notice it until the second day when our bathroom floor was wet and we couldn't figure out why. Later that day while taking a shower I noticed the small drip of water running down the shower wall from the ceiling.
I hope my review is helpful, I have read many other reviews of hotels, resorts and restaurants and they are always useful in my decision making.
Oh, and if you need directions to other locations they even print those out for you.
Thanks to the staff and General Manger at Midtown LaQuinta...

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank LadyGRose

Reviewed 24 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel because it was a holiday weekend and we were traveling with a small animal. It advertised that it is only a few miles from the historic district but in reality it is quite a bit further. There is no shuttle to go there so you must drive or take a tour and then they will come and get you. We go to Savannah quite frequently and it is not worth the savings, stay downtown and pay the extra!! First room we were in had major air conditioning problems and we were told to push the curtain away from the unit, needless to say we moved rooms and were given a free movie. Hotel seemed to need paint on the doors and seemed a little worn to say the least but rooms were clean and maids were friendly. Breakfast was good but needed to keep up with coffee because it was out two mornings in a row.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank robinnest1
Reviewed 4 June 2008

We stayed at LaQuinta Midtown Savannah May 26-28, 2008. It was one of the best experiences we have ever had at a motel. From the first call to see if a room was available through checkout you could not find any nicer people. They made you feel like they were so happy you chose to stay with them and they could not do enough for you. For example, we had problems getting one of the laptops we had brought to work; within 5 minutes after calling someone was there to check on it and were given a router to be able to use the internet. Free breakfast was good - had biscuits, gravy, boiled eggs, bagels, three kinds of bread, three choices for cereal, waffles you make, grits, oatmeal, yogurt, three choices for juice, milk, hot chocolate, tea and coffee. Great help there as well keeping the food stocked and the area cleaned - very friendly there as well. Room was clean and nice - not an expensive motel but a great place to stay when you don't spend a lot of time in the room and just want a nice place to stay at a reasonable price. We can't recommend it enough. Also had a pool that was clean and at just the right temperature even! Motel was within a short distance to the mall and places to eat; also fairly close to the downtown historic area. Take a short side trip to Tybee Island to the lighthouse and beach while you are here.

1  Thank greenwel
Reviewed 30 April 2008

My husband and I booked through Hotels.com, and that is how our problem began. Hotels.com quaranteed us a room with a refrigerator and a microwave oven; however, on arrival at La Quinta we were told that Hotels.com requested only a regular room (no refrigerator/microwave). Here is where the staff came through. At no extra cost to us, the manager sent over the refrigerator/microwave. When we asked for an extra blanket, that too, came right away.

The next day we had a car problem that necessited us spending part of the day at Pep Boys. Calls to the hotel bought us time extensions well past the check-out time of 12:00 - it was 3:00 when we finally got back to the hotel! La Quinta did not charge us for the time we extended. They were most understanding and compassionate. Thank you managers and staff!!

A word to all of you reading this: Be careful what Hotels.com promises you, as they do not follow through with the promise when booking you the room.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Pauligirl17
Reviewed 15 April 2008

This was DISGUSTING. We stayed in room 215, two nights with a group for a Riverboat Cruise (which was very pleasant!), and woke up one morning with about 20+ bites all over my back and chest. There were BEDBUGS in that room, I received these bits the last night we stayed. It was disgusting, the beds were rock-hard (although that may appeal to someone) small bathrooms, no fridge. The staff were extremely nice, however, but the place/rooms themselves were not appetizing. There was a bloodstain on the corner of the actual mattress, and looks as if it was never cleaned up.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 6 April 2008

Friendly and helpful front desk staff. Adequate breakfast. Clean, quiet room. Pet friendly and plenty of grassy areas around hotel for walking our dog. We stayed 2 nights and the location was perfect for going in and out of the historic area. All in all, a good stay at a good price!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2008

Well, I was on a business trip to Macon and I knew that after that I was going to go to Savannah for a day. After cutting my Macon trip a day short, I decided to go ahead and go to Savannah a day early. The hotel I had reservations for could not accommodate me a day early, so I decided to stay in another La Quinta since that's where I was staying in at Macon. I wasn't too thrilled with the hotel in Macon, but thought maybe this would be better.

The hotel wasn't quite what I was expecting when I arrived. It was in south Savannah....around the "not so glamorous" side of town. It is, however, on the road that's a straight shot into Historic Savannah.

The rooms are exterior rooms, and the parking lot sure got busy at night. I was a little worried about all the activities going on in the parking lot, and I worried about the car all night long.

The rooms itself are decent in size, but the toilet/shower area made me feel claustraphobic. There's a door closing the toilet and the shower from the sink...which left no room to move around in that part. Really really small!!

We tried to do the breakfast but the lobby was so busy and so small, we decided to eat at the Denny's next door. Fortunately, we only had to stay one night at this hotel. And unfortunately, none of my stays in a La Quinta were pleasurable enough for me to want to stay at again....in any other La Quintas.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple