“La Quinta provided reliable value”

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #78 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Lovettsville, Virginia, USA
“La Quinta provided reliable value”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I always stay at La Quinta Inns when traveling to visit family out of state. The free breakfast is much appreciated and most locations have a pool, which I always use. Also the free Internet is useful and with so many locations, it is almost always my best bet. My membership benefits are a big help!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have a rewards card with this hotel, so I always stay here plus you can bring your dogs. I am always happy with the service and breakfast provided. The only thing I would say that I was not satisfied with was the bathroom. The shower head and faucets could be updated as they looked dirty and old. There was a smell to the room, but nothing too bad that a candle couldn't fix. I would stay there again if I was on a budget, but I would prefer the inn and suites better.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Springfield, IL
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I travel a lot, and I rarely take the time to write negative reviews. I work in the customer service industry and generally only write a review when I have a specifically GOOD experience that I think management should be aware of. In general, I am a very easy person to please. I realize this particular hotel is in the south, and the south has its fair share of cockroaches... This however, does NOT excuse the cockroach problem inside of this hotel. I have stayed in hotels & motels all over the United States and abroad, and have NEVER encountered a bug problem like this. There were HUGE cockroaches crawling all over the parking lot. This grossed us out a lot, but as long as they weren't in the actual room with me, I told myself there's not much I can do about the parking lot. The first night we stayed there, we got in late, and went to bed immediately, then got up the next morning and left to tour downtown, and didn’t return until late that evening.
As I was laying in bed reading on our 2nd night, I looked up and a nasty cockroach was crawling on the nightstand right in front of my face. I screamed, managed to kill it and called the front desk, immediately.
His solution was for us to switch rooms at 1am. We expressed our obvious concern with our luggage that had already been sitting in the cockroach infested room, the previous day and night. He said there wasn't much else he could do, and that he didn't have any more rooms with a refrigerator and microwave. We told him we had a lot of perishable items in the refrigerator that we didn't want to lose, so he told us we could keep the key to that room so that we could come back into the roach infested room for our refrigerated belongings as we needed them. In the middle of our vacation, the 4 of us packed up our suitcases at 1:30am and moved to another room "away from the pool", they told us. We got everything moved, and before we even got a chance to sit down again, ANOTHER MUCH BIGGER COCKROACH crawled across the wall of the “new” room, right behind the tv, and we smacked it with a shoe, and proceeded to gather up our belongings AGAIN, now, after 2am...
The man at the front desk was understandably embarrassed, and offered me keys to 2 more rooms he had left, so that we could go inspect both of them, and see if any of them were cockroach-free. Ugh... We stepped over more cockroaches in the parking lot on the way to look at the last 2 rooms. Needless to say, there were no cockroach-free rooms out of the 4 rooms we were given access to. We had no choice, and ended up packing up for good, and moved over to the Best Western Hotel. (where we had no problems at all and it luckily was not far down the street from the LaQuinta)
LaQuinta thankfully did not charge us for the night we left, or the next night we had reserved, but they did make us pay for the 1st night, which we obviously weren't pleased with. We have continued to lose money from this disgustingly disturbing experience. We were told that Katie, the assistant General Manager would be calling us to discuss us having to pay for the 1st night, since the desk attendant didn’t have the authority to waive the room fee for our first night. We have never heard from anyone from LaQuinta, Katie, and no one else ever called us, no apologies, nothing.
We lost a whole nights sleep and the whole next day of our vacation because of this, and missed a days worth of pre-planned, non-refundable activities. We had to call around in the middle of the night to find another roach-free place to stay, and after zero sleep that night, the 4 of us didn't get checked in to Best Western until almost 5am. (it was right down the road, and we didn't have any problems at all with Best Western, & stayed the next 2 nights) We were all disgusted and exhausted and unfortunately ended up sleeping half the day, to catch up. When we woke up, we spent the next several hours taking each and every individual item out of our luggage and vacuumed the inside of our suitcases and our car, at a carwash in Savannah. (we had 4 suitcases and 3 backpacks, there were 12 days worth of belongings for a 64 year old, two 32 year olds, and a 10 year old) Even after arriving home from our vacation, we had to pay to have both of our homes sprayed for cockroaches, in fear that against our best efforts, we may have brought LaQuinta's cockroaches back home with us in our luggage. I've never been this disgusted or dissapointed with any hotel/motel experience in my life. It was a nightmare I hope never to repeat.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My room smelled musty and the carpet was dirty and the lobby smelled like cig smoke, my room did not have a waste basket, the brightside was subpar and they didnt have enough food put out and the waffle maker was broke.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Staff has no forethought or common sense when guests arrive with pets. Call and call and call again to make sure they hold a lower level room if you need it for crates and pets. The rooms were clean though.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Clean room with comfortable bed. Staff was courteous & very helpful. Not much variety for breakfast & few healthy options but there is a Denny's next door so that was a convenient option. Nice dog walking areas with poop bags & station for your pup. One of the few Savannah motels that allows pets at no fee-my main reason for staying here. There were some "sketchy" guests with an argument in the parking lot followed by a police arrest while I was there which made me very uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business