“Great Service, Great location”
Review of The Marshall House

The Marshall House
Ranked #5 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Plainview, New York
“Great Service, Great location”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We were on our honeymoon and chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the river walk and its old world charm. The hotel is great, the staff incredibly helpful. We got a room with a veranda, which was great at night to just sit out on and watch what unfolds on the street below. After reading reviews I was scared at how small the room would be, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was the perfect size; I can see where some might say it is small, but you're not supposed to spend much time in your room anyway, right? The room was nice, not over the top but not too shabby either. Overall, it was a short walk to pretty much anywhere in town and made for a great stay. I would definitely go back. Also breakfast was included and monday-thursday they have wine and cheese hour (awesome perks!)

Room Tip: If you can afford it get a room with a veranda (but be prepared for extra noise!)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I spent 6 wonderful nights at the marshall house in early October of this year. The minute we arrived we were blown away how gorgeous the hotel was. It still has all of its 1800's charm the lobby and lounge area is lovely. The rooms are cozy with lovely wooden floors. The beds are so comfortable.rooms come with 4-5 bottles of complimentary water every day. There's a coffee machine and fresh ground coffee by the bed. The breakfast each morning was delicious. One thing we were really impressed with was the complimentary cheese and wine nights. At least 5 times a week.
However if I had to pick my favourite thing about this hotel it would have to be the front desk staff. Jerry, Amelia, Jackie and the rest of the staff were just exceptional .they made our stay so enjoyable, and I really hope the hotel owners/managers know how lucky they are to have such great staff.
From now on we we will only ever stay at the Marshall House when visiting the beautiful city. Which by the way the hotel is so ideally central .
Thank you to all at the Marshall House.
Mr and mrs Murray

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank davejm1000
Yachats, Oregon
Reviewed 12 October 2013

After doing much research on Trip Advisor, I chose The Marshall House for its price and proximity to the historic district in Savannah. It was everything the reviews stated. The staff were friendly, our room was charming although I wish I had spent a bit more money to have a balcony. We took the hop on hop off tour to get a feel for the city, and after one pass around, we realized we were so centrally located we could easily walk to all toe sights we wanted to see. Savannah is a lovely city with a charming downtown and this hotel showcases Savannah well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yachats70
Asheville, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 12 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

First of all, what an incredible property! Beautiful, charming and a great location. The staff were all incredible both friendly and helpful. If you can swing it, get a room with a veranda. Worth the extra money and the scenery is fantastic. Relax and let Marshall House's wonderful staff pamper you.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew M
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just stayed at the Marshall House and can't wait to go back! The service at the Marshall House is as good as the interesting history lesson that comes with it. The front desk was always ready with suggestions on places to eat or directions on how to get places. It has been a long time since I've been to a place that sends you back in time with the bellmen who are there with friendly comments and willing to jump in to action with holding the door open when you walk outside the front door.
Try the Marshall House; you won't be sorry.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank skbrow
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I first stayed at the Marshall House after our wedding in early January of 2009. We weren't sure we were going to be able to afford a honeymoon (we were literally rolling change to try and get enough money together), but a last minute monetary gift made it possible. I booked only about a week in advance, and was surprised at the low cost. When we arrived in Savannah on January 4, we figured out the reason for that. Since it was just after New Year's, the city was very quiet, with not a lot of people. This worked out well for us, because we were able to get in many of the typically busy spots (The Pink House, Lady & Sons, etc.) with no wait at all. And, we fell in love with the Marshall House. First of all, it is absolutely beautiful and charming. The staff is outstanding, the wine and cheese reception is a nice touch, and the free breakfast is not your standard "continental" breakfast. You can get biscuits, bagels, toast, cereal, and the best quiche in town.
We visit Savannah fairly frequently now, and while we can't always afford the Marshall House, we ALWAYS stay there for our anniversary. Some of the staff even remembers us when we return, and that makes us feel really good. They have a great "punch card", where you earn a free night after you pay for ten nights, so we were able to take advantage of that last year.
The next time you are travelling to Savannah, just say "no" to the chain hotels. Give the Marshall House a shot, I don't think you will regret it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carlaface
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I just had my second stay with the Marshall House it is amazing you have to stay here every employee from the valet,front desk, housekeeping etc was amazing and so very friendly really want to make sure you enjoy your stay. I came down to see Nicholas Sparks and celebrate a friends birthday. While we were there the movie Sponge BoB Square Pants 2 was being filmed right in front of the hotel with Antonio Banderas he walked out right in front of us. You have to stay here if you want to be in the middle of everything and to boot it is haunted I myself have not experienced anything but I have heard other guests talking. You must stay here I am already planning my trip back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends