“Beautiful Property, Great Location & Wonderful Customer Service”
Review of The Marshall House

The Marshall House
Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Orlando, Florida
“Beautiful Property, Great Location & Wonderful Customer Service”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed at this property multiple times. First I came for business, and immediately, I rebooked a trip to bring the family. The provenance of the House itself is exciting. The restoration is beautiful. The location leaves everything in historic downtown Savannah within walking distance. The staff is amazing. I can confidently say I have never experienced more helpful and knowledgeable staff. I will be returning as soon as possible!

Room Tip: As for a room with a tub - big beautiful claw foot tubs are so relaxing!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (718)
Savannah
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My son and his family and I stayed at the Marshall House for the wedding of my niece Megan. We are originally from Savannah, so for us coming home was very important. We were very familiar with the downtown area and enjoyed revisiting many of our favorite spots. And the wedding reception was beyond our expectations. Everything was so beautiful and tastefully done. The food was wonderful.
We enjoyed everything about our stay: a courteous and helpful staff, wonderful valets to take care of our car, great room service, all enhancing an extraordinary downtown location.
I would definitely stay there on another trip home. It is a wonderful hotel.

Waterloo, Indiana
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Awesome stay. EVERYONE was extremely friendly. We would go back for sure and take friends with us. Only thing, we would request a room on the second floor for the veranda. Loved it :) We did not find it haunted but we heard a few noises probably the wood floors. :) Go and enjoy.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank dexter523
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Marshall House with another couple for 3 nights during the St. Patrick's Day festivities. The location was perfect: close to shopping, dining and all the beautiful architecture of the historic district of downtown Savannah. Once your car is parked, you will enjoy walking everywhere in this beautiful city. The hotel was everything we hoped for and more. The staff are so welcoming and helpful and I can't say enough about Charles and Joseph at the front desk. Our rooms were lovely, the complimentary breakfasts were delicious, and it was a nice perk to have complimentary bottled water delivered to our rooms each day.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Donna L
Richmond
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Checked into room 405 with husband and 5 year old for two nights. Marshall House is in the perfect location near the river and within the historic district, close to shops such as Paris and Kate Spade and many great restaurants. We were drawn to the history and southern charm of this hotel from the 1850's. Our room was small but beautifully furnished and comfortable. Breakfast was in the lovely glass atrium that truly felt like old Savannah. When we checked in, the painting of the original owner, Mary Marshall, seemed to be sizing me up with a penetrating stare. When I asked about it, the friendly front desk provided me with several pages of the hotel's history as well as several pages of ghost stories! As I stayed up late reading, I heard many strange noises in the hallway outside, such as a woman walking on a wood floor and a baby crying which coincided with the stories. I was too afraid to open the door to see if anyone was actually there. I would stay there again, as the room felt welcoming....

Room Tip: The 4th floor apparently has had the most paranormal activity.
1 Thank Anne_B655
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Loved the Marshall House! The rooms are small but that was not an issue. It was noticed more in the bathroom where there is not a lot of counter space, if any. Certainly not a deal breaker for us! The uniqueness and character of the place outweighed the size of the rooms. Staff was friendly and willing to arrange dinner reservations at the local restaurants or a pickup for the on-off trolley. Everything was so close, there was no need to get your car out of the parking garage. The wine/cheese in the evening in the comfy den made it feel more like home instead of a hotel. I recommend it highly and would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the roof on the 2nd floor. Not a good view - but was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 22 March 2014

There was a wedding on our second night in the hotel. While we appreciate the need for everyone to enjoy their nuptials, it would have been nice if the ownership had shared that a wedding was planned. We loved the proximity to the city's historic district and restaurants...the hotel was just very loud....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple