“Great trip”
Review of The Marshall House

The Marshall House
Ranked #4 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was a very beautiful hotel. We loved the staff and the breakfast. The only things that I did not love were how small the rooms were, but I guess this is to be expected with how old the hotel is and that it was not as close to the historic stuff as I would like. But a great bonus is that it was close to Lepolds and we were able to get some great ice cream

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Marshall House for a weekend getaway. It was in a great location, short walk to River St, as well all the nearby charming squares in town. Close to many restaurants and shops. The complimentary breakfast at the hotel was good with a decent variety of food. We also enjoyed the complimentary wine and cheese 'happy hour' in the library. Don't miss the pink lemonade punch they have in the lobby...delicious and refreshing! All of the staff we interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful. Only down side is no fitness center, but I discovered that there is a gym next door with a $10 daily pass available. (too bad I realized that on my last day there) Overall, a great stay in a great hotel. Would defintley stay here again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I had never been to this city before but I was so in love with all the charm that I had seen on tv that I know I wanted to stay in one of the Historical hotels. I was so happy I chose the Marshall House. The staff was wonderful and the rooms are so beautiful. Everything is within a few blocks and when we returned from our dinner reservations it was raining and the valet staff had a stack of fresh towels just inside the door. Sometimes it's the little things that really make it worth while. Oh and the bartender is a real kick in the pants. I would have liked to take him home with me. Too funny! Had a great time and I highly recommend this hotel. Just loved it.

Room Tip: Just a heads up there is no bathtub in the double queen superior room I rented. So if you are lookin...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great location. Terrific staff - helpful, cheery, and willing to assist in anyway possible. Great value and the complimentary wine and cheese was a nice touch. Breakfast was well done. Our experience there was 5+ in all categories. When in Savannah, we will stay at the Marshall House with a hope for a ghostly encounter.

1  Thank neetz11
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We visited the Marshall House for the first time a few weeks ago and found it to be utterly charming, luxurious, comfortable, and overly just amazing! My husband and I are paranormal investigators and we chose the Marshall House because of it's paranormal happenings. It is pleasantly haunted, I can verify that. We will most certainly return, though, because of the OUTSTANDING service we received while there. The two gentlemen that assisted us with our luggage and parked our car for us were friendly, helpful and much appreciated. The concierge also was a huge help. I also need to add that the bed was THE most comfortable of all the bed and breakfasts we've stayed in! Also I appreciated being able to control the AC in the room (there was also a ceiling fan).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhasmaParanormal
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you're traveling to Savannah and looking to stay in the Historic District, the Marshall House is a must. It's close to everything, including all the beautiful squares and the water. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The complimentary wine and cheese is also a plus. We had heard stories of the hotel being haunted, but didn't have any "encounters", so don't let the history deter you.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had two rooms for two nights. Both rooms (superior queens) were comfortable, clean, pleasant, and nicely decorated. The property is a restored historic hotel in the Savannah historic district. The restoration was well done, so rooms are comfortable and relatively quiet. However, it is an old building, with a bit of creaking in the hallway floors, and plumbing that is a bit slow. If you don't like this sort of place, there are plenty of big chain hotels on the river side of the historic area. However, we found this place to be comfortable and charming. The desk staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. This is a hotel, not a bed and breakfast, but there is a sunny breakfast room, with a free, and quite nicely done, breakfast including quiche and a plentiful fresh fruit salad. The weeknight wine and cheese served in the lobby was nice also. Many of the historic buildings, the shops, and eating establishments are within easy walking distance. There is valet parking, but also a self-serve parking ramp right around the corner with a maximum daily rate of $10.00. I will certainly stay here again on my next visit to Savannah.

Room Tip: The "superior queen" room was worth the extra $10 per night for the extra space. At that...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends