“Love This Place!”

Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Tulsa, OK
“Love This Place!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Marshall house has a great location in the historic district and has the best employees of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The interior is beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We had a suite and it was huge! The bed was very comfortable for us.. I have had nine surgeries on my spine and a comfortable bed with proper support is a must so I can move in the morning. The complimentary breakfast was very good and much better than you normally have with a free breakfast. There is a wine and cheese reception Sun thru Thurs and the wine I had was really very good. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We could not have been more pleased. Easy walk to the riverfront and most restaurants and shops. The hotel has the feel (no ghosts seen or heard - sorry) of a 19th century hotel - which it is. This Savannah hotel is one of the few that was purpose - built before the civil war to be a hotel. The hotel was refurbished in 1999 throughout but still has the original woodwork and 15(?) foot ceilings in the rooms and the common areas. The lobby sitting area is beautiful and the glass-ceiling courtyard dining area is a treat.

We recommend highly.

Room Tip: The second floor front rooms have access to the balcony.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William L
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The food was great, the service was outstanding. The Marshall House is beautiful inside and out. The rooms were great-Wife and I stayed in a Petite Queen. The room was very clean and looked great - from the fireplace to the original wood floors, definitely beat any of the hotels we have stayed in thus far. The staff is always there when you need them and all employees say hello they ask about your day when you walk in. We did the Valet parking, it was 15 a day. The parking garage is 12 for 24/hr parking and you are not guaranteed a spot. 15 was well worth it - when we were ready we would call down and give them out ticket number. By the time we got downstairs the car was ready and air conditioning on. Sun-Thurs they have the wine and cheese hour from 530-7. Wine was great and atmosphere perfect. I would suggest this hotel to anyone visiting Savannah. In-fact, my wife and I will be staying there again next year when we travel to Florida.

Room Tip: Our room was above the main strip. Each room has a great view and all are filled with the 1800's...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher P
Far Rockaway, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had the best time when we stayed at the Marshall House!!! We came to Savannah because I love history. We chose the Marshall House because it's the oldest Bed & Breakfast in Savannah. As soon as you walk in, you can feel the history! The staff was super friendly and answered ALL of my questions about the Marshall House. They weren't stiff and actually laughed with me during our conversations. They were knowledgeable of the City of Savannah and lead us to better places than we had planned to go. We had the time of our lives! We will be back next year! Thank you so much!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Claudia M
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Marshall Hotel is a conveniently located in historic Savannah. We selected it due the fact that it is rumored to be haunted and we love B&B's. Although we did not experience any paranormal activity, we still had a great time and enjoyed our stay. The staff was very hospitable and helpful. The valets were awesome! The only complaint that I have concerning the hotel is the breakfast. I have stayed at B&B's that have a full breakfast ( eggs, grits, fruit, etc.) each morning. And they'd change it up each day with something different. Each morning of our stay at Marshall House breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins, danishes, quiche (or egg pie as I like to call it).

Room Tip: 4th floor is where most paranormal activity is located.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly_Hudler
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This was the first time me and my husband visited savannah we where really excited to stay at the Marshall house .
Once we arrived we where told we had to pay $30 for the valet service this was our first time using valet parking we where concerned when it took over 20 mins to receive our items but what happens next was unbelievable when we noticed we forgot out phone chargers we asked to have our keys and we would walk to the parking garage that was right behind the hotel once we got to our new car we opened our door it had a terrible odor of marijauna we where so upset that the valet parking guy would smoke it in our car with no respect .
We where so upset I couldn't believe this hotel would higher people like that.
My husband wanted to go say something but I asked him not to until we left I didn't want it to ruin our stay we
already paid way to much for only 2 days and I wanted to walk around savannah with no worries it was a new town for the both if us he honored my request but we walked around everywhere so we didn't have to use the valet again once we checked out my husband called to speak with a manager he responded telling us he knew which guy it was that he has had problems with him in the past he asked for our email and would be in touch with us and would make sure or next stay would be better!! The sad thing is he never had enough respect to email us back I thought the hotel was better than that since it was our first stay I thought he would take care of us since we had such a bad experience but felt they didn't care and just blew us off .
Never again will we stay there !!!

Stayed June 2014
9 Thank Stacy E
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We loved everything about this hotel but the people who work there are the best part by far! The Marshall House is in the perfect location to walk everywhere in downtown Savannah. It is a beautiful place with an interesting history. Every staff member was always so kind and helpful. Joseph and Jazmine were especially hospitable! They were a joy to see everyday! We recommend this hotel to anybody! -Chad & Rachel

• Stayed July 2014