“Its the people”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pendergrass, Georgia
“Its the people”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was on a business trip, and decided to take my family along. I usually stay at hotels like Hampton or Holiday Inn Express, but since the family was with me I decided to upgrade. I bid on a four star with Priceline and was awarded the Brice. I figured, well I am going to overpay for a room going four stars, but its the family and its in a good location. Boy did I sum it up wrong. The Brice turned out to be a wonderful experience and well worth it. It is in a terrific location for sight seeing, and is a new lovely hotel, but the thing that makes the Brice a great experience is the people there. There is not a weak spot in the whole line up. They speak to you by name, and welcome you back whenever you leave. You truly feel like you are with family, starting with the personable guys out front in valet to the special treatment that you get at the front desk every time you request something. It would be impossible for everyone to fake this for three days, I believe they all truly enjoy their work. Both of my teenage sons said the highlight of every day was the greeting they got whenever we returned to the hotel, and they made me promise to bring them back to the Brice soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ross P, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Mort B- Thanks for your wonderful review! We love that you mentioned the feeling of family, because that is definitely the feeling we want our guests to leave with. We look forward to hosting you and y(our) family again in the future!! Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The decor was beautiful.... the bed was heavenly...we were greatly pleased to have such a modern room for such a great price! The appliances were very up-to-date with a iPhone 5 bedside alarm clock, to a light up mirror in the bathroom, to the custom plug-ins beside and inside the furniture for comfortable appliance charging. We've had a wonderful experience with the helpful staff here. All in all, we've had a marvelous time at this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ross P, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Gia H- Thanks for the awesome review!!! We hope you will have a marvelous time the next time you're hear too! Take care!
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was impressive from start to finish. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location is wonderful, and the rooms were beautifully decorated and quite large. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. ...

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SusanJoy1006- We here at the Brice (and at Kimpton) strive to be the most beloved hotel company out there......and it's always nice to see when someone will come back in a HEART-beat! (Sorry, awful joke.) Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again!
Manchester
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I'm pretty fussy when it comes to choosing hotels to stay in but The Brice did not disappoint. The staff are all so welcoming, friendly and eager to help but not annoyingly so! The hotel is gorgeous, just the boutique style I love, and I'm sure when the fitness room and pool are ready they'll be great too. The restaurant was lovely with great decor, ambience and food with the best sorbet I have ever tasted!

Location wise I think it's a pretty perfect spot. There's so much in walking distance and it was certainly quieter at night than it was around the City Market, which I'm sure means a better sleep! A previous reviewer mentioned not feeling safe walking around at night. I'm a petite female in my early 30s and didn't have any issues walking back to the hotel late at night on my own. Like anywhere you have to be vigilant but there were always people around, there are several hotels lit up along East Bay Street and I certainly didn't feel uncomfortable or concerned at any time.

I will definitely be returning to Savannah and when I do there is no doubt The Brice will be my hotel of choice :-) Keep up the great work guys!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Cazzac123- Thanks for your awesome words! It's always nice to hear that we are helpful (without being annoying!). I will definitely have to try the sorbet one of these days. Until next time!!!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

From the moment we arrived we realized this is not just your every day hotel. The staff are amazing. The property gorgeous and the rooms stunning. And we brought our dog and they took a $70 deposit but it was returned when we checked out without any impact on the room (take that Hilton hotels!). Lovely tiny touches. And the hotel is brand new. A former Inn and Coca Cola Factory! Will stay here again!

Room Tip: any room overlooking the 'Secret Garden"
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
awalker99- Awesomeness. What a fantastic word! Thank you for YOUR awesomeness with your review! And any time we can get a little jab at our competitors it puts a smile on my face! Looking forward to hosting you again!
New York
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Brice on June 11, 2014 for a short anniversary visit to Savannah. We had recently stay at the Kimpton property in Cambridge Mass, our first experience with this chain and having enjoyed our stay there, decided to try the Brice. We couldn't have been happier with our choice. From beginning to end our experience was excellent. At check in, Andy greeted us with news that we had been upgraded to a king suite rather than our reserved king room. Our room was spacious and comfortable, having all the amenities one could hope for.
As mentioned in previous reviews, the property is recently opened and renovated. It has the feel of a "boutique" hotel but is not actually small. The outdoor lounge area and the dining area are nicely appointed and comfortable. The swimming pool was still under construction but was expected to open shortly.
We had an unexpected treat in the hotel restaurant. We arrived too late for breakfast but were told that the chef was testing out a new brunch menu that was to begin on the following weekend. The restaurant manager invited us to wait for 15 minutes and to participate in a tasting of the new menu items. We decided to do so and were delighted with our brunch. The food was excellent as was the service. Remarkably, our meals were on the house, a thank you for "testing" the new menu.
The hotel is located in the historic district and is an easy walk to many sights and some wonderful restaurants. As mentioned by others, there is a required valet service. The service is fast and courteous and cars are parked directly across the street from the hotel. Parking in the area is very difficult so having this service is a big help.
We will return to the Brice the next time we visit Savannah and will look for additional Kimpton properties when we take to the road for our next travel adventure.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PezziNewYork
PezziNewYork- Thanks for all the kind words. We strive to be the most loved hotel company....and by your comments and we think we might have another crush!!! We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future!! Take care! (Nice TripAdvisor pic by the way!)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The staff at The Brice was the most friendly and accomodating hotel staff we have ever encountered! The location was perfect, the food and drinks were amazing, and the property itself is unique and comfortable. I went to Savannah with my fiance for the first time and we were treated like royalty. This was definitely the best hotel I've ever stayed at, and we can not wait to return to The Brice as soon as we can!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SaraBo843- BEST TA REVIEW EVER!!!!!! Thanks for the outstanding comments! You can't wait to come back, and we can't wait to host you again! Take care!