“Great Property”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Property”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Friendly, helpful staff, great rooms, great common areas, good location, Kimpton personality, bikes to borrow, not much else to say! The hotel is very new and still has a few minor kinks to work out, but overall it is fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms against Bay Street are a little bit noisy in the morning
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Sftwareguy1980- Thank you so much for the kind review! Rest assured that we are still working day and night to make sure those kinks you were referring to are ironed out before the next time you're here.......which hopefully will be very soon!! Take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Arabic first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I booked this hotel through the Kimpton website. As a Kimpton Intouch member it makes booking easy, you receive a $10 credit for the mini bar and free wifi. This was our second visit to Savannah. We were traveling with our dog, and seeing as Kimpton hotels are pet-friendly with no pet fee and their customer service is outstanding, they are always my first choice. The Hotel Brice did not disappoint. It is located on the east end of Bay Street, across from Emmet Park and bordering Washington Square – this makes for easy access to walk the dog. While the location is a bit further from the main part of downtown than other hotels, it is still a pleasant stroll to many restaurants, bars and shopping. Quite honestly, it is nice to be away from the chaos of the market area. Our double queen standard room was on the second floor just around the corner from the elevator and stairwell and overlooking the garden/outdoor lounge in the center of the hotel. It was a very quiet, exceptionally clean room. The lobby and rooms are modern with a classic, southern twist - very bright. The mini bar was well stocked with snacks, sodas, juices, water, beers and an assortment of liquor in pint bottles (not minis as you see in many hotels). Other in-room amenities were: robes, safe, iron and board, hair dryer and yoga mat. There is a large armoire, closet, lounge chair and desk with desk chair. The bathroom was pretty standard – tub/shower combo, CO Bigelow shampoo, soaps and such. The bathroom is small and did not have a fan, which can make for a steamy and slippery situation if the door is closed. Cocktails in the hotel restaurant were quite tasty, as was breakfast. If Savannah wasn’t such a beautiful and historic city, you wouldn’t have any reason to leave the Brice. A special thanks to the valet, Dylan who was a huge help in getting my bicycle off the rack on top of my SUV. Awesome hotel overall. I will stay here when I return to Savannah and would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
tripl_j- Thanks for the kind words on your review!!! All that you said makes us ecstatic and proud of who we are and what we do in here in Savannah! Feel free to come back any time! Take care!
Pendergrass, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was on a business trip, and decided to take my family along. I usually stay at hotels like Hampton or Holiday Inn Express, but since the family was with me I decided to upgrade. I bid on a four star with Priceline and was awarded the Brice. I figured, well I am going to overpay for a room going four stars, but its the family and its in a good location. Boy did I sum it up wrong. The Brice turned out to be a wonderful experience and well worth it. It is in a terrific location for sight seeing, and is a new lovely hotel, but the thing that makes the Brice a great experience is the people there. There is not a weak spot in the whole line up. They speak to you by name, and welcome you back whenever you leave. You truly feel like you are with family, starting with the personable guys out front in valet to the special treatment that you get at the front desk every time you request something. It would be impossible for everyone to fake this for three days, I believe they all truly enjoy their work. Both of my teenage sons said the highlight of every day was the greeting they got whenever we returned to the hotel, and they made me promise to bring them back to the Brice soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mort B- Thanks for your wonderful review! We love that you mentioned the feeling of family, because that is definitely the feeling we want our guests to leave with. We look forward to hosting you and y(our) family again in the future!! Take care!
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The decor was beautiful.... the bed was heavenly...we were greatly pleased to have such a modern room for such a great price! The appliances were very up-to-date with a iPhone 5 bedside alarm clock, to a light up mirror in the bathroom, to the custom plug-ins beside and inside the furniture for comfortable appliance charging. We've had a wonderful experience with the helpful staff here. All in all, we've had a marvelous time at this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Gia H- Thanks for the awesome review!!! We hope you will have a marvelous time the next time you're hear too! Take care!
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was impressive from start to finish. The staff was friendly and helpful, the location is wonderful, and the rooms were beautifully decorated and quite large. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. ...

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
SusanJoy1006- We here at the Brice (and at Kimpton) strive to be the most beloved hotel company out there......and it's always nice to see when someone will come back in a HEART-beat! (Sorry, awful joke.) Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again!
Manchester
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

I'm pretty fussy when it comes to choosing hotels to stay in but The Brice did not disappoint. The staff are all so welcoming, friendly and eager to help but not annoyingly so! The hotel is gorgeous, just the boutique style I love, and I'm sure when the fitness room and pool are ready they'll be great too. The restaurant was lovely with great decor, ambience and food with the best sorbet I have ever tasted!

Location wise I think it's a pretty perfect spot. There's so much in walking distance and it was certainly quieter at night than it was around the City Market, which I'm sure means a better sleep! A previous reviewer mentioned not feeling safe walking around at night. I'm a petite female in my early 30s and didn't have any issues walking back to the hotel late at night on my own. Like anywhere you have to be vigilant but there were always people around, there are several hotels lit up along East Bay Street and I certainly didn't feel uncomfortable or concerned at any time.

I will definitely be returning to Savannah and when I do there is no doubt The Brice will be my hotel of choice :-) Keep up the great work guys!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Cazzac123- Thanks for your awesome words! It's always nice to hear that we are helpful (without being annoying!). I will definitely have to try the sorbet one of these days. Until next time!!!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

From the moment we arrived we realized this is not just your every day hotel. The staff are amazing. The property gorgeous and the rooms stunning. And we brought our dog and they took a $70 deposit but it was returned when we checked out without any impact on the room (take that Hilton hotels!). Lovely tiny touches. And the hotel is brand new. A former Inn and Coca Cola Factory! Will stay here again!

Room Tip: any room overlooking the 'Secret Garden"
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
awalker99- Awesomeness. What a fantastic word! Thank you for YOUR awesomeness with your review! And any time we can get a little jab at our competitors it puts a smile on my face! Looking forward to hosting you again!