1,785 results
All reviews wine hour secret garden yoga mat premier king free bikes dog friendly hotel boutique hotel historic district the river mini bar social hour southern hospitality beautiful hotel living room loved this hotel valet parking third floor
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Nice place! A comfortable lounge, nice rooms, great courtyard and a delicious restaurant attached. I m sure when completed the pool will be nice as well.

The staff are some of the most kind and outgoing I have ever experienced! Specifically the bartenders/waiters and valet/bell/doorman, all are top notch!

I would be happy to stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

tcarnevale- Thanks for the awesome review! We love to see that you thought the service was top notch! And I do apologize for the pool not being open during your stay, but that just gives you another reason to come back! Take care and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This property is a small hotel being renovated on the edge of the Historic district, two blocks from the river. Our room overlooked a poolside area under construction and a swimming pool filed with dirty water. The room was newly-appointed, however, smells of construction were noted. Service was OK. Location just OK.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ross P, Front Office Manager at The Kimpton Brice Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2014

dhm54- First and foremost, I do apologize that it has taken this long to respond to your review. Unfortunately we had a glitch on our end where the review was not waiting in the queue. That being said, I wanted to reach out and apologize that your stay was satisfactory at best. Thank you for the feedback, as we use all reviews and comments as a training tool for ourselves and our staff. I hope that you give us another chance to rectify our mistakes next time you are in Savannah. I apologize again, and please do take care.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I wish there was an extra star to give The Brice. I travel often, mainly for work, and I've had the pleasure of staying at some great hotels. The level of service at the Brice is second to none.

From the moment I pulled up, every person I met could not have done more to make this an amazing experience. Add that to the most incredible location in the heart of historic Savannah and I can't imagine a better combination.

Of course the Brice also has all of the wonderful amenities that you would expect from a Kimpton hotel, but like Jess at the front desk said, they do everything they can to "add spice to the Brice".

I do love Savannah, but my next trip back will be because the Brice makes this city so much more magical.

Room Tip: There's not a bad room but we loved overlooking the courtyard. I would highly recommend it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

SeanCRM- Thanks for all the awesome words about the Brice! It's always great to read reviews that show how much we truly care for our guests. Jessica said it best- "We like to add a lil spice to the BRICE!" Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I was under the impression that this was a new hotel that wasn't completed yet. It's not! It's an old hotel that's been updated. Upon arrival room very hot. Went to use the toilet and water was on seat & lid. Dirty gross toilet. Called front desk for fan and they sent a man to look at ac. Also another person to replace flapper valve. Toilet handle sticks, someone else's hair on floor by toilet. Lacks quality. Locked liquor fridge only and lots of junk food to purchase sitting in the way. How many people /kids have handled this stuff. Only free coffee downstairs in the am as far as i can tell NO other amenities. Won't return here.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank boohooTy

boohooTY - First and foremost, I do apologize that it has taken so long for a response to your review. There was a glitch on my end that caused me to not see your review in our queue. That being said, I do apologize that you found your stay at the Brice less than satisfactory. It is our goal to wow each and every one of our guests, and it is nothing less than disappointing when we do not. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments, and I hope that you give us another chance in the future to rectify our mistakes. Take care.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

As a verified Kimpton addict, this is probably the 13th different one I've stayed in, and like all Kimptons it does not disappoint. It was brand new when I went, and still had that "new hotel" smell. I liked that the location was away from the other hotels, but still walking distance to anything you'd want to do in Savannah. There is nothing about the property itself I could say ill.

The service on the other hand, we'll assume it's under construction. The few service issues I had:

-We ordered room service, and when it was brought up, it was the wrong thing. Slightly annoying since we had done room service to save time before our travels, but no big deal. We called the desk, they apologized and sent the correct thing right up. But at checkout, the wrong thing (which was more expensive) still showed up on our bill. My wife pointed it out and they called the kitchen, but only took the difference of one meal off the bill, but didn't adjust the gratuity, service charge, or the other meal. (I've contacted them and they gave me a credit for this, plus a few extra bucks).

-I did the valet parking. Now, you may want to just self park, because the garage is literally across the street. That said, I called 10 minutes ahead of checkout to get my car (which I could see from my hotel room, again it was just across the street), and yet I had to wait a further 10-15 minutes once I was down there to actually get the car. And when the attendant did get my car, he waved me over to the other side of the street instead of pulling it up front.

-The worst though was it was our 10th anniversary, I called ahead to get Champagne in the room, and yet it never came. I also wrote Kimpton about this and they said they had a ticket in for it, but somehow it never happened. Their apologies to do to better in the future don't really get me out of the dog house :).

Sorry for the rant, but to summarize: awesome hotel, but self park, and double check on any service requests until they are up and running 100%.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ry0ohki

ry0ohki- First and foremost, thank you for choosing the Brice to celebrate your anniversary. I do apologize that there was a communication breakdown and the champagne that you had requested was not there upon arrival. In terms of the valet service, I do sincerely apologize that it took so long for your vehicle. We at Kimpton (as you know) strive to be the best, most guest-driven hotel company in the world, and we never like to disappoint. Thank you again for the glowing words about the facility, and please know that we are working tirelessly to improve our service to be up to (and beyond!) Kimpton standards. Take care and please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions, comments, or concerns.