The Planter's Inn is a couple blocks away from the touristy hubub of the riverside area, but it's still in the middle of the historic district. It's also very affordable. Look for the early bird special if you're reserving in advance. Some reviewers have complained that if you pay in advance that you have no control over your room, but our request for an upper level room was still granted.
Front desk service was friendly and welcoming, but the bellhop all but ignored me.
The room itself was clean and well appointed. The decor fits with the quaintly old-fashioned feel of the entire city. Some of it might be a bit dated, and a few tidbits--like the long tear in our curtain--mar the veneer surface, but these were all very minor. Our bed was slightly slanted back, so my husband, who has acid reflux, didn't sleep particularly well, but I was fine.
Breakfast was more than sufficient. You serve yourself from a buffet of pastries, cereals, grits, fruit, coffee, etc. Two newspapers (Savannah and USA Today) are delivered to each room, and we came back from dinner to find ice already in the bucket and mints on our pillows.
Warning--we had to pay $50 for two days of parking in the adjacent garage. Make sure you budget for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square