This is a special hotel. Their ad says it is a "200-year-old original boutique hotel." Indeed it is. The staff is wonderful. They go out of their way to help with any needs that you have. They do their job in a quiet, graceful manner that oozes the best of southern hospitality. We left feeling that we had stayed with friends, and that they honestly cared that our visit was enjoyable. Saying that it is clean, and a in a great location sounds crass to my ears. Of course it is, and much more. There is a beautiful park across from the front door where Spanish moss hangs from the trees. It is a great place to reflect on how lucky you are to be in this beautiful city.
Do use the valet parking offered by the hotel. It is about $15 a day, a huge discount for you over the regular prices charged by the parking lots.
There is a nice continental breakfast in the morning. They have a wine and cheese reception each evening, and warm cookies later on. Yummmm! The city tour shuttle will pick you up at the front door. Take the tour, you will learn a lot. You can get on and off as much as you want if you choose that option. They cost about $25 per person, and have 15 stops that takes about 1 1/2 hr. The hotel will arrange it for you.
We had mentioned that we were visiting for our anniversary, when we made the reservation, and requested a room with a nice view. We were in room 303, that looked directly at a high rise parking lot, and was directly across from the elevators. While they were unable to honor our request, there was a bottle of champagne chilling for us when we arrived.
There are no ice machines on the hotel floors and you have to call for ice. They replenish it for you when they do the turn down service each evening.
The Olde Pink House restaurant is next door and you do not want to visit Savannah and miss out on eating there. The food is excellent, and the building is seeping with history.
We love this city!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square