“Wonderful Honeymoon Experience”

Planters Inn on Reynolds Square
Ranked #19 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at the Planter's Inn during our honeymoon (June 7th-June 11th). We had a wonderful time. The hotel was beautiful, and the staff was incredibly helpful. We arrived on our wedding night after a 5 hours drive. I thought I had already paid for parking when I booked the room, but that is not included until you stay. However, because of the mix up, the person at the front desk graciously gave us free parking during our stay. We went up to our room and noticed the floor smelled like marijuana. We decided to get some coffee so we went back downstairs. We mentioned the smell to the person at the desk, and they took care of it right away. He also gave us a map with directions to the nearest Starbucks, and an umbrella for me because it had started raining. When we got back, the smell on our floor was gone! Our room was beautiful, and the bucket if ice every night was a nice touch. Breakfast was tasty, and they had a good variety of food. There is also a breakfast/lunch restaurant behind the hotel that was really good! Overall, we had a great stay. Our room was always clean, however we only got our turndown service one night. You CANNOT beat the location! We were only a block away from River Street. We walked everywhere during our stay. I would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Request a room facing away from the parking garage. I mentioned this ahead of time, and they out us...
2  Thank Sarah M

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I chose the Planters Inn as the hotel for our stay while in Savannah. The hotel was quite lovely, with wine and cheese everynight, and very friendly staff. The lobby has books of local restaurants with menu's which was helpful for us to find a place to eat. We enjoyed the room, especially the fireplace. We had a bottle of wine and a note delivered to us since it was our honeymoon! There isn't a pool, so if that is your priority, you should look elsewhere, but the hotel is located right in the heart of the historic district, just a few minutes walk to river street and the city market. I am very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay at the Planters Inn again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Planters Inn was a beautiful hotel to stay in, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a lovely quiet square but only minutes walk from the market area, restaurants and River St. Savannah is a beautiful, vibrant city to visit and is easy to get around on foot - although the tram and ferry is a huge bonus :) - we can't wait to visit again and we know that we WILL be staying at the wonderful Planters Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janice W
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our stay was very pleasant. The rooms are on the larger side. The hotel is within walking distance of many attractions. There is a parking garage next to the hotel which is not very nice to look at. The service was good although there are no ice machines and when we asked the front desk to bring us some, we never did receive it. The restaurant next to hotel, Henry's, had a lovely breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our honeymoon. The location for us was perfect. This hotel is only a few blocks away from River Street and a short walking distance away from other sights in Savannah. We were able to leave the car parked the whole time we were there which was perfect for us because we are from a very small town and driving through the city was causing us some anxiety. The service was amazing! We were greeted by the valet first (Jeremy) and he was very nice. While my husband checked us in, he gave me some ideas of tours and other activities to do while we were there. Breakfast was very good and the wine and cheese tasting in the evenings was wonderful as well. The staff was very helpful throughout our stay.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Overall it was a very nice stay. Our only complaint was that our room had a view of the parking garage, but really that's not such a big deal. We will absolutely stay here again on our next trip to Savannah.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I can't wait to go back. it was perfect! I stayed 1 night June 12th. First of all the staff- very eager to please, everyone I encountered was helpful, smiling, and overextended themselves. They truly wnated you to be happy and knew the meaning of customer service (you don't get that very often anymore). The location is wonderful, on a very cute square with the famous Olde Pink House right next door- bonus, room service is from The Olde Pink House. The hotel itself is decorated very historic old SOuthern charm. Gorgeous lobby and my room was wonderful. Comfortable and the mints on the pillows were a nice touch. So was the complimentary HUGE bottle of Evian AND the complimentary wine and cheese in the lobby at night (I didn't have any but what a nice touch). Room was clean and had all of the conveniences needed, and they were larger than expected for a small inn in a historic old building. The complimentary breakfast int he morning was also a nice way to start the day. But seriously, the staff made me smile. The front desk personnel to the bellmen and valet drivers to the happy and helpful ladies that were attending and watching over the breakfast to the lovely man that brought my 1 year old son's crib to the room (he was so sweet and told me that he made his crib up just for him and it was so sweet with a great little blanket and sheet and new mattress). Plus, valet parking is a great rate for Savannah, most hotels charge upwards of $20-$25 a night for parking and it was only $15.95 a night and the valet took care of everything for you. This time it was just me and my young son (visiting my parents) but I am DEFINITELY bringing my husband back soon. Thank you !

Room Tip: Book a room with a park view or at least ask for one at the desk. My view was of a parking deck but...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Planters INN was a great pale to stay in Savannah with very friendly staff. Breakfast was good and although I didn't use the privilege there was complimentary wine and cheese in the evening. It was a bit difficult to find in the night when I arrived for the K Shuttle driver [I am not sure why though]. Other than that my stay was great in the 4 nights I did.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business