“Still the Best!!”
Review of Planters Inn

Planters Inn
Ranked #19 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Once again I was lucky enough to visit Savannah and stay at he Planters Inn. It is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I am sure there are fancier, more upscale and more expensive hotels in Savannah but I don't know of any that can boast about having the nicest, most friendly and welcoming staff, as well as a facility that is second to none!! Our experience started with the friendly greeting from Tom who welcomed us and handled all our baggage as if we were his only concern on a hot Georgia afternoon. The entire staff strives to make sure every thing is perfect and all and any questions and concerns are addressed. The bellmen, breakfast bar staff, the housekeeping staff, the front desk staff and the concierge are all dedicated to making your stay unforgettable. Karen the concierge can make any reservation you might want and can advise you on any and all things to see and do in Savannah. She is invaluable to the Planters Inn. I really appreciate Matt, Bradley, Karen, Tom, Tasha and all the other employees. The amenities such as turn down service, ice delivered to your room, personal advice from employees about attractions and restaurants, the wine and cheese reception every afternoon, good breakfast bar and the welcoming attitude makes the Planters Inn a winner in my book. Once again, my trip to Savannah and my stay at the Planters Inn left me rested and satisfied with another successful vacation. I know I should try other hotels in Savannah but I just don't see giving up something you know is going to be a winner!! I highly recommend staying at this boutique hotel when you visit Savannah. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corner offer better views. Also the higher up you are the more you can see.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie R
Write a ReviewReviews (2,875)

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a balcony room for our anniversary - our room was not cleaned the second day of our stay, we had to ask for more towels. Ordered room service for breakfast and it never came. Did not receive the level of service I read about in other reviews - will never stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Welborn A
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The Planters Inn was centrally located and we walked to most places we wanted to see. The rooms were quiet, not a lot of moving space, though. Hidden fee for parking not mentioned when reserving room.

Room Tip: Remember that there is no free, close parking.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank alohacjm
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I enjoy staying at the Planters Inn everytime I am in Savannah for work. The staff is so friendly and accomodating which makes me not miss home. It's always wonderful to walk into a room that doesn't look like a hotel room and makes you relax the whole time you are in the room. It's close to everything, so there is no need to get the car from valet once it's parked. I highly recommend the Planters Inn to any and all!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times and both stays have been quite good....at a reasonable price for a great location. Not a luxury hotel, but still quite good. Rooms are very good and the beds are comfortable. There is street noise but it really isn't too bad. Breakfast buffet is pretty average but adequate. The wine and cheese reception is a nice.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I chose the Planter's Inn due to the the reviews on Tripadvisor as I had never been to Savannah. We like our hotel to be centrally located to the places we plan to visit on vacation and Planter's Inn certainly fit that bill. Close to the River and City Markets, all squares and museums - with a few exceptions - were easily within walking distance. I like older , non-chain hotels with character and Planter's inn fit this bill. It was clean and had wonderful customer service. If I had to find a down side it would be the free breakfast. While I have certainly had worse, the breakfast were just average. Overall our stay here was great!

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on the rear or front of the hotel. Side rooms all face the parking garage. Not th...
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was our first trip to Savannah and I wasn't sure which part of the city would be best to stay in. This was a perfect choice. We upgraded our room, so we didn't look at the parking lot. Unfortunately without an upgrade all rooms do face the parking lot. The view was just an extra bonus. Rooms were good in size, the bed was very comfortable and as said before, the staff was exceptional. We love to walk, so never took tours or buses. But, if you need, the concierge can handle all of that for you. The Wine & Cheese reception was very nice as well. Can't wait to come back to Savannah!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a park view!