We stayed two nights at the Planter’s Inn over the 4th of July weekend. The best thing about Planter’s is the location! Just 2 blocks down from Bay Street and right across from one of the squares. Also, next door to the Pink House Restaurant. Very nice lobby and furnishings and well-kept establishment. They offer a wine and cheese reception every evening, which is very nice, except for the lady that was serving the wine. She was kind of snotty and not very friendly for was she was supposed to be doing. Don’t know… maybe she was not happy that she had to work the 4th of July weekend.
They also offered breakfast, which was good except the room they serve it (Mezzanine) is not too big. So if you get there around 8:30 – 9 you might not get a table right away. But they do have a good selection of breakfast items, including hot and cold cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit.
The only thing I really didn’t like about our stay was that our room was facing a multi-level parking lot. During the day if you open the drapes, anyone parking can clearly see inside your room. And one night we woke up to a car alarm that went off around 3’oclock in the morning and then another one around 6. That was annoying, especially if you are traveling with small children.
Be prepared to pay for valet parking because there is no parking onsite. Its $15 per day plus tip but there is no way around it. By the way, the valet boys were very very helpful and extremely nice.
And at night, if you are just walking in from a walk around town, you will be greeted by the smell of baked cookies! They baked fresh every night and set them in the lobby around 9pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square