This was mine and my husbands' first trip to Savannah, he chose the Planter's Inn because of it's high rating here on Trip Advisor, convenient location to everything in downtown, and how beautiful it is online. Overall, the room wasn't what we expected, but the location and service made up for it.
Service was very very good, and there were two bellhops who were very friendly and helpful. We arrived before check in and was able to walk around the squares before our room was available. The lobby is smaller but beautiful and the overall place was very clean and equally beautiful. We were on the 3rd floor with a queen size bed. The bed wasn't plush or comfortable, but slept well. The over all room was smaller and felt like a room in a bed and breakfast, but that's a good thing! Our only complaint was there is no refrigerator in the room to keep drinks or leftovers, and when we called room service to ask for water they were out. *Make sure you get a park facing room, because the other rooms open up to a huge parking garage, and if you pay this much for a hotel you don't want to see it.*
The location is great, and made the stay even better. It is within a block or two of river street, famous restaurants, all of the squares, and shops. We parked our car on the street close to the hotel, because parking is free on the weekends. Then Sunday night to Monday afternoon we let the valet park it in their garage for $15. We didn't need to use our car at all, except when we drove to Tybee Island. It was a great place to stay, wonderful service, view, and location, but as a younger couple we might stay somewhere else next time to get a different feel for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- To sleep in the epicenter of the city's beautiful historic district, book some time here, on Reynolds Square. The Planters Inn offers elegant rooms, great service, and a jovial wine and cheese reception where people linger each afternoon. For a view, ask about one of the rooms overlooking Reynolds Square Park. Better yet, step outside the inn and get lost among the azaleas and architecture. Just make it back for your dose of wine and cheese. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Planters Inn on Reynolds Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planters Inn On Reynolds Square Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel Savannah
- Planters Hotel On Reynolds Square