This is a nice hotel, but if you're planning to walk around Savannah in the summer heat, you don't want to be this far from the waterfront. There are a lot of weddings and family reunions here in the ballrooms, but if all you need is a room you would be better off somewhere else where you don't have to pay for a bellhop and valet parking. The room had more upscale furnishings than less expensive places, but other than that there was no difference. The bathroom was small and the shower stall needed a good scrubbing. The roof top pool is actually on the roof of the second floor, so not as I envisioned it. No free breakfast here. The staff was all very pleasant and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Historic District. When you stay at the Hilton Savannah Desoto, you're within walking distance of so many famous attractions including Riverfront Plaza, River Street and City Market. You'll love the view over beautiful Madison Square from our rooftop pool and patio. Dine in the DeSoto Grille, serving southern cuisine with an inventive flair. Our meeting and event space features panoramic views of the city, perfect for any meeting or wedding reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Savannah Desoto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Savannah Desoto Hotel Savannah
- Hilton Hotel Savannah Desoto
- Hilton Desoto Savannah
- Savannah Hilton