“Great location”

Hilton Savannah Desoto
Ranked #43 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
“Great location”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel was located in the historic district walking distance from the River Walk, restaurants, and other main attractions. Hotel staff very friendly and the condition of the hotel was good. Really decent hotel for the price. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank theresam276
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Savannah Desoto, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
theresam276 - Thanks for the great feedback on the hotel location, staff and the hotel in general. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of it's convenient location. The pictures online gave us the impression that the hotel is updated and nice. To our dissatisfaction we found this hotel to be old, outdated with lumpy beds and unclean. But the staff was very courteous and professional. We won't stay again. It's not worth the money. A Motel 6 is better than this place.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Lisared96
Lisared96 - I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your historical experience, we do pretend to be a new build hotel, we are historic and it sounds to me like you were looking for a more modern facility. I'm glad to see you enjoyed the staff and hope you will give us another try in the future.
Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was at the Hilton Desoto this week for a conference. The hotel staff didn't info the conference staff that they are requiring payment up front (if paying in cash) . When we arrived I advised the front desk staff that I would be paying in cash. They told me that I would have to pay the full or that I could give them a debit or credit card for them to hold. Because we were on an expense account for the conference and,we,only were allotted a certain amount for meals I decided to put my debit card down. The staff did not tell me that they were going to,charge my account. When I checked my account not only had they charged the account but they charged almost $100 more than,they were suppose to. When I went downstairs the next morning they could not,explain the addition charges. Each time I spoke to the front desk staff they would tell me something different than they would tell the other members of the conference. It seemed like,the,staff really didn't care about the members of,the conference. While checking out,another conference member told me this was her 3rd time back at the front desk because they didn't have her receipt right. On top of all of these issues when I was packing up to check out I found a hairbrush in the bathroom that was not,mine and was not there when I checked in the room. I'm not sure where it came from or how it got there. Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff are not clear and upfront about their policies, they seem more interested in the guest forking out money than,giving them good customer service, we had numerous issues that they never really gave us a good explanation for.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank amberleasu05
Amberleasu05 - I'm sorry you had challenges at the hotel and I apologize. Typically any hotel you check into we expect payment up front, especially a cash customer, the other option is to pay with a credit card or a debit card. The additional funds put on the card are for incidental use so you can use room service, the phone, parking or even the gift shop. While I'm not sure how the front desk was not clear in explaining this to you this is how most hotels operate. I hope this help you for the future and I sure you hope you come see us again.
Rock Spring, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This a great Hotel to stay in the heart of downtown close to the squares. It's quiet but yet a short .5 mile easy walk to the riverfont and where the party is. All the area is beautiful wiht the huge Oak trees. The ghost tours are close with outstanding resturants all around. As I said all within a very short easy walking distance.Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Savannah Desoto, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Brian C - We appreciate your feedback and glad to see you enjoyed the location and the sights of Savannah, come see us again when coming to this area.
Augusta, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hotel is cosmetically nice with clean rooms. Basic items were missing from my room. Staff was excellent; from housekeeping to Front Desk. Fitness Center has poor hours, wasn't open until 6:30am. I had meetings starting at 7:30, and could not get in a decent workout. Conference room chairs were horribly uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Tj M
Tj M - We appreciate your feedback, sorry for some of the challenges, I appreciate the feedback on the staff and certianly we could open the fitness room early by a request to the front desk. We hope you come see us again if travelling to Savannah, once again thank you for the feedback.
Delmar, Maryland
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Valet curb side was the best service with great recommendations for this beautiful city; and my absolute favorite. Our concierges were always attentive and smiling. Starbucks downstairs and the rooms are perfect. We spent 2 days in this fabulous city. The River Walk was our favorite spot, with outstanding restaurants nearby, shopping district and fabo tours of this charming City. Our pool was ideal, clean and refreshing. Love this hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor for quick steps to the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kbrockway, General Manager at Hilton Savannah Desoto, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Aller3 - Thank you for the wonderful feedback on your stay. Glad to see you enjoyed the hotel, it's services and the team. Look forward to seeing you again if ever returning to Savannah!
Sanford, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am a repeat customer to this location because I like the Downtown Savannah experience. The hotel is located in a wonderful spot, with parking for your car underneath. In addition to being a short walk the hotel is right near the unofficial student (SCAD) store and a small convenience store. The hotel pool is convenient and open late. Best of all the staff is great. They are both friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Patrick R - Thank you for being a repeat customer, we appreciate the loyalty. Thanks for the kind feedback on the staff and the location, glad you enjoy! Look forward to seeing you again on your next return trip!