Cotton Sail Hotel(Savannah)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$211
  • Bar/Lounge
US$180
US$133
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$143
US$121
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
US$182
US$172
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

US$223
US$124
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$170/night.

Hamilton-Turner Inn(Savannah)
US$205
US$174
  • Breakfast included
1,536 results
All reviewsriver streetcotton warehousefront deskhistoric hotelfifth floora river view roomcotton exchangecomplimentary winerocking chairssmall balconyturn down servicefree happy hourparking garagefour poster bedhardwood floorsperfect locationcontainer ships
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here. I love the lication. Very spacious room. Super friendly and caring staff. Hotel is old and needs some improvement as well on cleanliness. Easy access to River front.
Fair value

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rozana K
Jennifer H, Manager at River Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you the next time you're in our lovely city!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having never been to Savannah before,we were thrilled with the location of this hotel!The view of the river from our room was amazing, esp. the sunrise.We could take the hotel elevator right down to all the restaurants and shops below.The room was quaint and clean and the staff very friendly.Also the downtown area was just a short walk away. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liventhegoodlife

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you the next time you're in Savannah!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great time. Very nice hotel in a historic cotton mill. The valet's were very nice and happy to help when we arrived. The front desk was very helpful and worked through a missing Expedia reservation without any fuss. The AC is Arctic cold which you will need in Savannah in the summer. Make sure you go see Kat in the bar she is very friendly and pleasant and puts on a great complimentary happy hour with drinks and snacks. Kat gave us some great advice on things to go see and good places to eat. It is located right on the riverfront and near the city walk and historic district. No complaints. We had a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skullring2018

Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and will pass the compliment on to Kat. We hope to see you the next time you're in Savannah!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had high expectations for this historic property right on River Street, but a pass-the-buck attitude by multiple staff members left us disappointed. Rooms did have a great view and some antique furnishings, but the carpets and upholstery needed a good cleaning. If you are willing to pay for a great view of the river and little else, you may be happy. Otherwise there are probably better, more cost effective options. Details follow.

The view: The primary positive about this property was an exceptional view of the Savannah River from 2 of our rooms. However, the 3rd room had a view of a historic bricked levee. Any "city-view" rooms are going to show a cobblestone alley or maybe the parking deck and hotels across Bay Street. Be sure you get a room with a view...otherwise this property has few, if any, positives. Better yet, find a more economical hotel and eat at a restaurant with a river view unless your planning to spend lots of your trip in your room.

Location: it is right on the river across from the convention center, but other hotels are closer to the public ferries that go to the center. A hotel a block or two further from the river would actually be more centrally located to the many museums, historic sites and restaurants that aren't right on the river.

Check-in: We were traveling with a group and had been promised 3 double-double beds. We had also confirmed that the rooms would be close to each other. The desk clerk tried to split the group on 3 floors in two buildings. First, we were told that we must call ahead to ensure our group wouldn't be split. Seems logical NOT to split rooms reserved under a single name/card, but I explained that I had called ahead. Then, I was told that I should have called THAT MORNING. Definitely, wasn't told that when I did call. Clerk eventually got 2 of 3 rooms adjacent, but then we were informed that only 2 double rooms were available, and we were getting a king.

When we showed the confirmation from River Street Inn for 3 doubles, the mix-up was blamed on Expedia...even though we didn't book through Expedia. During our 45 MINUTE check in process, the single desk clerk had to stop working with me to assist other guests multiple times. Another guest was demanding a refund for an "uninhabitable" room, and he was allowed to check out with no offer to swap rooms...made it seem like the clerk was used to similar complaints. However, he was told to contact Expedia for his refund. We were finally promised a "double roll away" for the king room within 5 minutes. The actually polite and helpful bellman seemed to be working hard on that, but it still took another 30 minutes to bring 2 twin roll aways "from another building."

The rooms: were habitable...but in need of a thorough steam cleaning and dusting. During our 3 night stay, the maids didn't sweep bathroom floors or wipe counters or make up the rollaway beds. They seemed to empty the trash and restock towels...little else. The king bed wasn't terrible, but I've stayed in cleaner and comfortable interstate hotels for 1/3 of the cost.

Parking: I had called in advance to check options and was told that there were no nearby parking options and that valet was highly recommended. I pull into the small unloading lot and ask the attendant where valet parking is located. I was informed that valet and public parking were both in a garage across the street! Basically, they don't have a parking facility or lease so they just charge $28 a night to park you in a city deck that costs $12 max per calendar day. I did have to use a city deck 4 blocks away when the one across the street was full one night, but when I went to get the car the next day, I noticed the hotel valet making the same trek. If you don't mind a morning stroll, park yourself.

Breakfast/Concessions: The "on-site" restaurants are accessible from the street...not the lobby...plus most nearby establishments are closed for breakfast. There's a single drink machine and a limited variety of snacks in the lobby, but unless Altoids will hold you over til lunch make other plans. Oh...and there's no frig/microwave in the room so dinner leftovers are out too.

Check-out. We had a mid-morning commitment, so I requested to hold 1 of my 3 rooms to store luggage until 1 pm. With other hotels, this has been a simple yes or no question, but the night clerk told me to check with the next shift that was coming in at 11. I went to the desk at 11:30, and the clerk tried to pass off a bellman as the new desk clerk. Wasn't hard to tell something was up and eventually clerk #1 appears with excuses about the next clerk running late and offers about "maybe holding a room til noon but I can't really promise." Next morning, I ask the new clerk, and he says I'll have to ask the next shift that's coming in 30 minutes. I've heard this before, so I just load up the stuff in the car and hope for the best.

I've dealt with this level of miscommunication, misinformation, and general stingy service from budget hotels, but I was shocked to find it so prevalent among the majority of the staff that I dealt with at a supposedly upscale hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank yellowmountaindaisy

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to better our guest experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Most of the service staff at this hotel is wonderful, but that was the only redeeming quality. Bellmen Steven and Chris as well as valet Ronnie were absolutely delightful and bent over backwards to help us during our stay. The housekeeping staff was amazing and kind as well. However, that is where the positives end. The room we were given had an air conditioner leak in the ceiling which caused the room to be incredibly damp and filled with a moldy smell. We were on our 2nd night in the room before we realized where the smell was coming from - and why our entire party had been experiencing headaches and nasal allergy symptoms since we arrived. (The head of housekeeping later told me that the room never should have been sold in the first place.) Management was less than helpful and did not seem concerned that this was a health issue for our group, not just an "inconvenience." We notified the front desk of the leaking hole in the ceiling as soon as we discovered it, but there were no other double rooms available in the hotel. The desk clerk dismissed our concerns and stated there was nothing she could do. So, we spent another night in the moldy room getting sicker since I was unable to find another room in the area. I left my phone number and requested a call from the manager the following morning. However, I never received a call. I finally had a chance to speak with her the following afternoon, and our interaction left me convinced that she needs some training in customer service. We were given a different room for the third night of our stay, but the keys did not work when I tried to enter it. When I went back down to the customer service desk for more keys, a lovely young clerk sensed my frustration and immediately went to work making arrangements for the general manager to contact me. (I wish I could remember her name as she should be first in line for a promotion to management based on her positive demeanor and professionalism!) In the end, after being ignored by the desk manager and finally reaching the general manager, we were given a partial discount off the room rate and breakfast coupons. Another kind desk clerk told me at checkout that this hotel has recently been purchased by another company and is scheduled for major renovations in the coming year. This should have been a wonderful trip, but, sadly, it was ruined by allergy symptoms caused by the moldy room and time wasted dealing with management.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole M

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your kind comments on our staff. We are extremely sorry that you were inconvenienced by our air conditioning. We do have a 200 year old building and this is the hottest and highest humidity month of the year. We are happy that we could relocate you to a different room, discount your stay, and provide complimentary breakfast. We appreciate that you chose to stay three nights with us and hope you will visit us again the next time you're in our lovely city.