“Not As Advertised”

Days Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #106 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Although the people working at the desk were friendly and helpful, this is not a place I can recommend. We booked a hotel at the last minute and didn't have many choices, but we thought that a Days Inn would be fine. We were wrong! The room was not clean - carpet was dirty, comforter had a cigarette hole in it (in a non-smoking room...), and nothing appeared to have been recently updated. When we came back after our first day out in Savannah, the TV was on in our room, and nothing appeared to have been cleaned. They had put new towels in the bathroom but must have been in a hurry because the towels were all in the toilet! I will say that the manager came very quickly when I called, and he replaced the wet towels and was very apologetic. We ended up finding another place to stay for our third night in Savannah - and will think twice before booking at a Days Inn again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We rented a "hot tub" room. The pictures of the room online looked ok. However upon entering room 116, we were met filth, dirty & broken appliances, a 19 inch old school TV, electrical outlets that were pulled from the wall with wires showing, an outlet 2-3 inches from hot tub, shredded and filthy carpet, no wash cloths or hand towels, only 2 small old worn towels. There were stains on the blanket, the bed skirt was torn about 4 feet at the bottom and the worst thing...there was blood or puke all down the bed skirt!!! Oh and how could I forget the little black unknown things all over the stained sheets!!!! We complained and they moved our room. 118 was somewhat better - but still filthy, with broken appliances and chairs!!! It had mold in the tile by the hot tub! Oh and I forgot to add the mattresses are in terrible condition. My back hurt so bad the entire time I was there that I couldn't sleep by the last night. The cable went in and out and so did the internet. I called around but there were no other hotels in our price range available, so I asked the owner for some rags and cleaning supplies and I would clean myself. I also told him I wanted at least half my money back for the deplorable conditions. He said absolutely not. We finally got an extra night free. I told him that was a good start. Now I must say, the people that own it are friendly, but don't be fooled...friendly doesn't get you what your paying for!!! I seriously wouldn't pay $20 a night to stay at this hotel. I took pictures of everything in both rooms. I would also like to let people know that I called Day's Inn and filed a complaint. They said all they could/would do is try to "be a mediator" between us and the hotel. They further said they would call me back to see how things were. Well, that didn't happen. But that is why the owner gave us a night free...but still not acceptable. Upon check out we were charged for a safe we never used oh and tax on that safe. However, this was never a condition of renting the room. I asked for those charges to be taken off, the owners wife didn't know how but promised she would refund them. It's not happened yet. When I arrived home I called corporate and spoke to 2 different people, one was a supervisor, who really made me feel like she didn't care. They have done nothing to remedy this. I now have no faith in Day's Inn as a company or this hotel. I will be filing a BBB complaint if I don't hear back from them by end of day.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLitchfield

Travellers are raving about these Savannah hotels

El Paso
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We spent two nights in Savannah at the Days Inn, March 22 and 23.
When we got to the room the door stood ajar upon entering we found a puddle of liquid on the table and the information folder that was sitting on the dresser was wet. We should have left or spoken to the manager but we were very tired and just wanted to settle in. We didn't realize at the time just how bad it was until we turned down the bed and discovered cigarette burns in the sheets, blanket and bedspread! The bath towels were also in very bad shape with large wholes and rips in them. Also tub had cigarette stains on it. All very disturbing considering it was a non smoking room. Safe not working when we arrived although did get fixed, also internet down for most of stay.
My husband called Wyndham to voice concerns and was sent a one sentence apology.
Also this was the most expensive place we stayed in our 2 week trip.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple