Savannah Marriott Riverfront
  • Pool
  • Pool
East Bay Inn(Savannah)
2,000 results
All reviewsthe riverstayed at the marriottthe concierge loungecargo shipsa river view roomoutdoor poolbit datedhistoric districtconvention centerparking feesouthern hospitalitytrip to savannahriverfrontatriumconferencebellmanbalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The riverfront Marriott is a superb location, if you don't mind the little bit of walking to the river and to the downtown area. The view was outstanding and nothing compares to seeing huge ships pass right by your window at all times of the day. The rooms were in excellent condition, the only complaint was that we had a diabetic with us and requested a refridgerator for insulin. We were told that all refrigerators had been given out for the entire weekend, but they did offer to store what we needed kept cold, and it was brought to us in a timely fashion when requested. This hotel definitely has the "conference hotel" vibe but with an indoor and outdoor pool and jacuzzi, what more could you ask for? The breakfast buffett in the hotel restaurant was to die for.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jenny L
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Every single person that I encountered at this hotel spoke, was friendly and asked how our stay was. The Marriott service was quite evident and made a great example of true Southern hospitality. The hotel has great amenities, clean and spacious rooms and the location on the river is fantastic. We parked our car and walked everywhere except when we went to Tybee Island. I would definitely recommend and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We did not have a view of the river but I think that would have been a better choice. We were overlooking the pool but quite a bit of the parking lot as well.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I absolutely loved this hotel. The employees were friendly. The property is beautiful. Our room was absolutely gorgeous.

Although the hotel is at the end of the main street and maybe a 1/4 mile walk to the shops and restaurants on the river, I did not mind not being in the thick of everything.

I was visiting Savannah to see my son who is stationed at Hunter Army Airfield, so I decided to upgrade to the Executive Suite. This room was gorgeous. Not only did we have a view of the river, but the atrium as well.

All of the staff, from the car attendants, front desk staff, bartenders, house keeping and the concierge were all very, very friendly.

A special note: I made reservations via the concierge for The Chart House to have dinner with my son. Imagine the surprise when we sat at our table and there was a VIP card at the table. It was special just because I was there with my son, but this tickled him. It turns out that when 'Pam' makes a reservation via the Marriott, you will receive some extra special treatment. What a fun surprise!

I only had time for one night to spend here, but this Marriott will be my 'home away from home' while staying in Savannah!

Room Tip: Executive Suite with river and atrium view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HikerGirl33566
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Marriott Riverfront. The room was clean and the view was wonderful! We really loved having a river view room and enjoyed watching all the boats that passed by. The hotel is a close walk to River Street which has great restaurants and shops. They do charge you for parking and internet which is a bit ridiculous. No one came to clean our room until around 3:00 which was a little late because we were already showering/dressing for a wedding that afternoon so we got fresh towels from the maid and that is all. Would have preferred beds to be made ect... Overall I really liked this place and would recommend it.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed in a river view room. Bed was SO comfortable. View was spectacular. Pretty hotel. Easy walk to tourist must-see area on the river. Blue restaurant had delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012