“A Customer Considerate Staff”

Savannah Marriott Riverfront
Ranked #47 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Lewisburg, TN
“A Customer Considerate Staff”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My visit was in late February with a convention of college students. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I did not meet one staff member that did not speak to me at anytime of the day. I felt that staff was always looking for some way to help someone. The hotel was beautifully decorated and sits on the Savannah River. My room was large and comfortable. We had an easy walk to most locations and got help to others. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mitchellbear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The staff for the most part was very friendly. We never passed anyone that didn't speak to us. The river view of the cargo ships was a site to see for sure. But, they do travel all hours, so if you are concerned about sleep disturbance, don't choose this side. The hotel was average, nothing really spectacular and for this I feel it was over priced.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review.

We truly appreciate customer feedback whether positive or negative, as it helps us see our hotel from a guest's point of view.

It seems our staff displayed the incredible service Marriott is known for. Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We also were pleased to note your enjoyment of the container ships traveling by on the river.

Although you enjoyed your stay, you mentioned our price was not reflective of a five star hotel. We strive to provide five star service, even though we are a three star, three diamond rated facility. It appears we fell short of your expectations, and for that I offer my apologies.

Thank you again for taking time to let us know about your visit.

San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 14 March 2014

When I stayed at the Marriott Savannah Riverfront for a conference in late February through early March, I was impressed by how attractive the hotel was and how beautiful the view of the Savannah River from my room was (see photos). My room was very attractively appointed, down to the choice of pictures above my bed, and the comfort of the bed and the room temperature were conducive to a relaxing and restful sleep. The bathroom was big, and the products supplied were quite high end. I also enjoyed that the free ferry on the river had one of its three stops right next to the hotel. The gym was an adequate size, and it was never busy whenever I went so that I could readily hop onto an elliptical, and it was great that they had sanitary wipes, towels, and fruit as well as a water dispenser. The employees were also cordial, every single one that I interacted with, from the bartender who guided me on what to order for a light dinner to the concierge who made reservations for dinner at a local restaurant one night for me to the front desk personnel who remembered me by name (!). The rooms for meetings were appropriately arranged, and the banquet for all of us at the end of the conference was tasty and plentiful.

There are a few downsides. I've never been to a hotel whose indoor pool is actually on the lobby level so that occupants are just there for everyone with an indoor balcony to look down upon and so that anyone wishing to use the pool had to walk from the hotel elevator past bar patrons. The hotel bar closed at 10 pm, quite early I thought and atypical. And I haven't been to any major hotel without a Starbuck's or other shop where you can get an espresso or latte or cappucino. This last point may be a Savannah thing since the closest I could find a real espresso -- not just a good coffee but an espresso -- was about a 10-minute walk away. But this fact brings up perhaps the last downside: that this hotel is at the end of River Street furthest away from the most active nightlife and interesting areas of the historic district.

But it is close to places like The Pirates' House and is attractive within its own space, and one colleague saw dolphins following a freighter in on the river when he looked out his window one morning, so for a charming place to stay in Savannah, this venue is definitely one to consider.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dr_SJ
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Thanks for making my stay-cation enjoyable. I live in Hilton Head but love coming to Savannah for a little r&r. Your hotel is in a great location that makes parking and getting around easy. The room was clean and comfortable. I will be back..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have stayed here several times, and we just spent two nights there. The rooms on the river with the balconys are great as you can watch huge freighters pass by a few yards away on the river. The staff at this hotel is just great. I stay at Marriotts all the time, but I don't think I've ever stayed at one where the staff is as friendly and helpful as they are here.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river if you have any interest in watching ships.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
It is always rewarding to receive such glowing comments about our property and staff, particularly when a guest has just left our hotel. Thank you for your review.

Being a guest, who consistently returns because of their experience, is the highest form of praise.

We certainly look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing Marriott.

Greer, SC
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Accompanying my husband on business this week, never can pass up a trip to Savannah! This was our first stay here, plenty of secure, off-street parking, including a parking garage. Easy walking distance to the shops & restaurants in the north historic district. An older hotel but massive, with a humongous atrium with several room balconies that overlook the main lobby and indoor heated pool.

Decent size gym, do like all the windows that offer views of the river as well as the lobby/pool (nice as most hotel gyms are rather claustrophobic). Mostly cardio equipment, bikes, tread wells, elliptically but they do have a small universal weight unit and some free weights.

The room is quite nice, decent size and recently updated, with great views of the Savannah River. The huge bathroom is definitely a plus! Bonus is the 8th floor concierge suite for Gold club members that is open 24/7 - accessible by members only with your room key - free breakfast in the morning with a buffet-style eggs, oatmeal, bread/muffins/bagels, several types of cereal, coffee-tea...but best of all: lots of fresh fruit! Coffee-tea, soda, water & fruit are available all the time, with snacks, cookies, crackers/cheese and the addition of beer/wine in the evening. I've met two of the concierges and were equally excellent in helpfulness & knowledge of the city.

There is also a spa on-site which I plan on checking out later today ;-). All in all, great experience so far - would love to come back here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dawn A
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay.

You mentioned how pleased you were with our location, accommodations, parking and concierge service. It is a privilege to hear so many wonderful compliments about our hotel and staff. We appreciate you taking time to do so.

We certainly look forward to your return trip, where we hope you will find our spa as satisfying as the rest of our services.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is not a five-star hotel nor do you pay a five-star price, but the service is five-star all the way! I have stayed here many times because it is a popular venue for educational conferences in Georgia. In the last few years this hotel has just gotten better. I have experienced a friendly and quick check-in each time. The rooms have been recently renovated and are now spacious and clean. There is high quality bedding and bathroom amenities. The common areas are showing their age but adequate for people or ship watching while having a cocktail. It is a short walk to all the Savannah Riverfront shops and restaurants, but the food I have had here (even the conference fare) has been good. It is also located for an easy trip to the "mall area" or a visit to Tybee Island. The club level is pricier, but a treat for feeling pampered. This trip I indulged in a spa visit and it was perfection. I can't believe I haven't visited it before. The spa area is small, but very clean and welcoming. A sauna and steam room are available. Yes, some areas still need a little cosmetic attention, and it is at the edge not right in the middle of the historic district and Savannah squares, but the people, service, and location make this a good choice in Savannah.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SouthgaLady
Rhon R, Customer Care at Savannah Marriott Riverfront, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for your review.

We strive to provide our guests with the best accommodations and service and it seems we were successful in regard to your visit.

Your appreciation of our staff, check-in, room, and in particular our spa will be shared with our associates in our weekly staff meeting. That you have enjoyed your past visits is wonderful to note, but that you feel we just "keep getting better" is truly a compliment.

We certainly look forward to serving you in the future.

Thank you again for your review.