“Great Value - Excellent Location”

Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #14 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My friend and I met up in Savannah for a girl's weekend and stayed at the Hampton Inn, as it was the best price that I could find for that location. There were a lot of great reviews on here and I'm glad I read them, cause they were true. I ususally don't stay in chain hotels, but Hampton really came through.

The location couldn't be beat. It's in the heart of the historic district and right across the street from the river. Our room had a river view. The breakfast that was included had it all (even though it was a bit busy at times). I travel a lot and I was so impressed that they had a cooler near the front door with free bottled water. Such a nice touch!

The room itself was clean and had everything we needed. I will note that their "double" beds seemed really small. I'm not sure how 2 people could fit into one bed. But this didn't matter as there were only 2 of us.

Overall, this was a great place for a long weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelislifegal
Write a ReviewReviews (2,656)

Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel is a great place to see historic Savannah. It's cheaper than the hotels on the water, but it' great to walk the city and enjoy the history and culture of the city.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank GoneFishing
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I have been to Savannah before but this was the best visit ever! The location of the Hampton enabled us to walk to the Historic area and the River Front. We also took advantage of the trolley tour and the boat cruise and enjoyed seeing the ships come into the port. The Hampton provided a wonderful breakfast that was different each morning and the staff was very welcoming. Highly recommend this hotel and location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My wife and I had a very wonderful time in savannah. The Hampton Inn with it's great location and very helpful staff made our stay very enjoyable,the rates are very reasonable with the very best free breakfast I ever saw. We would highly recommend this place to anyone! Extremely friendly and helpful staff.we will be back.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three (3) nights and were very pleased with the accommodations and the professional staff that assisted us. They made recommendations on using the Trolley site seeing system (they would pick up at the Hotel) and they made several suggestions on sites to see (all of which turned out to be well worth the cost & time). They also made restaurants suggestions (with 10% discount coupons) that turn out to be excellent values ( Great food at a fair ($$$) price).

Room Tip: All the rooms appear to be well insulated did not hear any noise
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We like to stay at Hampton Inns for traveling. They are normally clean, good service and the breakfasts are decent to excellent. This Hampton Inn was very good. Not outstanding, but reliable. Would stay here again if traveling through Savannah.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband, brother in law and I stayed at this hotel from October 6th to the 10th. Overall it was a great hotel with not much wrong with it. My brother in law came in last minute and booked a room the night we arrived, and he was taken care of without any problems. He is stationed in Fort Stuart, and they gave him a really nice room at a good rate, which I thought was nice.

The rooms and the hotel were clean, and the staff (minus one late night lady who was NOT nice at all) was very warm, friendly and helpful to us at all times, even if our requests might have been a little off the wall. (Asking for a garbage bag to cover out suitcases so they didn't get rained on when we left). The breakfast in the morning was decent and the selection changed from day to day. The nice staples were the fresh fruit, the cereal and the yogurt. The treats were the omelets, and the biscuits and gravy. Yum. :)

The location was perfect. Savannah is a very warm and friendly town where everyone is out walking around till all hours of the morning, and we are so glad we didn't bother renting a car, because we walked everywhere we needed to go during the stay. Excursions, shopping, restaurants and bars were all just a few blocks away. I always felt save walking to and from the hotel, even at 2AM.

I only have two opportunities for this hotel to improve, and one of them didn't even bother me that much. The first one were the beds. My brother in law made the same comment, so I'm assuming the beds are the same. We did not sleep very well there the entire time. The beds were not very comfortable and ours did a rainbow arc of sorts when we were both lying down, and we are not obese people. Obviously we weren't visiting Savannah to sleep, but we played hard during the days we were there, and we would have liked good sleep to top it off each night. I think they either need to flip and turn their mattresses, or get new ones altogether. The second opportunity did not bother us, but I could see where some people might get annoyed. Our floor was a non smoking floor, but it smelled heavily of smoke during certain parts of the day. The smell never drifted into our room, and it never bothered us as we are former smokers and sort of enjoyed the smell, but we could never figure out where it was coming from. Occasionally we would see cigarette butts in the trash can on our floor and others too, which confused us.

Overall nice hotel, and we would definitely come back if we knew they changed the beds up.

1  Thank LoZav