“nice hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, Minnesota
“nice hotel!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This hotel had a very large room! Our room had 2 beds, a sofa and a nice office area. The parking lot is very small, although they do have an over-flow lot across the street. Its not that far. If you dont mind walking, its only a few blocks to some of the historic attractions and restaurants...I felt it was a fairly save neighborhood and never felt unsafe walking with my mom. The lobby is beautiful, and the breakfast area is pretty big, but it can really fill up on the weekend. The staff was friendly and the breakfast area was always stocked, even with all the people. Keep in mind you have to pay $8 a day to park, but its still a good place and I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mattia77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed again at the Hampton Inn on Bay street and as well as taking friends along. We got to the property on Thursday and stayed till Sunday! It was perfect! I travel every week to different areas and try to stay at the Hamptons. This property is BY FAR the best of almost any hotel I have ever stayed at! Michelle absolutely treats you like family. She needs to be a trainer of all hotels (even out of the Hampton chain) of how to treat customers and make them comfortable. This property again was extremely clean, great breakfast, great people, etc.. I cannot say enough good things about it. If you are considering this property you will not be diappointed!

Room Tip: Higher floor with Riverfront view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Diam0ndMember
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Lovely hotel right in the middle of everything. Just steps away from all of the action in Savannah's historic district. Excellent breakfast of eggs, bacon/sausage, homemade oatmeal, fresh fruit, lots of good breads, make your own waffles, yogurt, etc.

This Hampton Inn just have the best Hampton manager in the world. Everything was spotless and the workers were always smiling and loved to interact with visitors and be helpful. We didn't have any issues at all for our 2 night stay. My room was 606 and I could see the Savannah River and even saw some of the larger freighters bringing containers into the port.

Our room had a nice refrigerator, microwave, plenty of closet space, iron/ironing board, hairdryer, lots of nice towels, and the traditional duvet always found at a Hampton. Free newspaper in the morning, and a food goodie bag as we checked out today - apple, water, muffin, mints, napkin, etc.

Room Tip: Higher floors have views of the river; cost is $10 +/- more per night. Skip dinner at the Tony Ro...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Westgalady
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My friend and I met up in Savannah for a girl's weekend and stayed at the Hampton Inn, as it was the best price that I could find for that location. There were a lot of great reviews on here and I'm glad I read them, cause they were true. I ususally don't stay in chain hotels, but Hampton really came through.

The location couldn't be beat. It's in the heart of the historic district and right across the street from the river. Our room had a river view. The breakfast that was included had it all (even though it was a bit busy at times). I travel a lot and I was so impressed that they had a cooler near the front door with free bottled water. Such a nice touch!

The room itself was clean and had everything we needed. I will note that their "double" beds seemed really small. I'm not sure how 2 people could fit into one bed. But this didn't matter as there were only 2 of us.

Overall, this was a great place for a long weekend.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank travelislifegal
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel is a great place to see historic Savannah. It's cheaper than the hotels on the water, but it' great to walk the city and enjoy the history and culture of the city.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank GoneFishing
Villa Park, Illinois
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I have been to Savannah before but this was the best visit ever! The location of the Hampton enabled us to walk to the Historic area and the River Front. We also took advantage of the trolley tour and the boat cruise and enjoyed seeing the ships come into the port. The Hampton provided a wonderful breakfast that was different each morning and the staff was very welcoming. Highly recommend this hotel and location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Drums, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My wife and I had a very wonderful time in savannah. The Hampton Inn with it's great location and very helpful staff made our stay very enjoyable,the rates are very reasonable with the very best free breakfast I ever saw. We would highly recommend this place to anyone! Extremely friendly and helpful staff.we will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple