“Best Hotel to stay at in Savannah Historic District”

Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #13 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel was amazing and the staff was beyond what we would have expected them to be. Kate on the night shift helped with our pre-arrival questions, Lavernitra was there every morning and she smiled like no other and greated us by name and "Ms" Patricia was our breakfast server everyday for the week we were there and she always was the most helpful and happiest lady that we have ever had for a breakfast that is complimentary. All and all excellent view ,close to everything you want to be close to and if you love walking and enjoying your vacation and sights, This hotel will always be our first choice when in Savannah. Excellent stay

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank broknaro
SavannahLodging, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments, we are deligted that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad to hear that you will be back with us again!

Renee Laurie

Write a ReviewReviews (2,690)

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I spent a ton of time trying to decide which hotel to stay at during my first visit to Savannah and was very satisfied with the Hampton on E.Bay street. The location was perfect. It was just a short walk, in any direction from the hotel, to get to shops and restaurants. For me, there was enough to do in the way of sightseeing, tours, etc within walking distance that I didn't need my rental car until it was time to check out.

The hotel staff was always pleasant and helpful. At first, I was a bit concerned when I found out that my room was just a few floors up on the E. Bay street side. But to my surprise, I was not disturbed at all by any street noise. The room was clean from top to bottom and very comfortable.

The pool was a bit on the small side. But that didn't really matter since no one else showed up during the time my buddy and I were there - we had it to ourselves =)

I enjoyed the breakfast. They had a variety of items to choose from and the staff did an excellent job keeping things replenished.

The Hampton definitely enhanced my overall Savannah experience. It was very relaxing after a full day of walking around in the good ole' southern heat. Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank ariesguy74
Reviewed 29 April 2012

First of all, l gotta say the location of this hotel was fabulous. My four year old son enjoyed watching the large ships on the Savannah river from our room's window. The staff were beyond friendly and helpful. However, the beds were a bit hard and the breakfast.. well, sucked. The food wasn't replaced nearly quick enough and the seating was next to nil. We wound up having breakfast elsewhere.. which was quite disappointing as we enjoy the breakfasts that Hampton Inn offers.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Betweenthebars

Thank you so much for your feedback, we are so glad to learn that you loved our location! We are very proud of our team and have passed your kind comments on to them.

Thank you too, for your additional feedback regarding breakfast, we have spoken with our staff and would like to apologize for any shortcomings.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 April 2012

When we arrived at the hotel we were met by a surly and unfriendly woman who checked us in (gave me the key without saying more than one or two words). After this greeting we felt very disappointed with the experience and unhappy with our choice of hotels. However, these bad feelings were quickly made up by the other staff who were very cheerful and welcoming, a beautiful room and great location. The housekeeping service was especially efficient, friendly and maintained the room very well.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pearson30
SavannahLodging, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback and we would like to apologize for any shortcomings during your checkin process. Our leadership team takes these comments very seriously and will address with our team.

We are delighted to hear your enjoyed your stay and do hope that you will stay with us again soon

Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a fantastic location, you are within walking distance of the famous River Street, lots of stores, restaurants,City Market,and nightlife.The hotel is clean,safe and staff is quite friendly.My only complaint was the Wi-fi in rooms. Elsewhere in the hotel you could pick it up but I had to rely on tech support to boost the signal to my room, and they must change the code everyday, because in the 4 days I was there, I had to get a new code 3 times! But other than that it was good.

Stayed: April 2012
SavannahLodging, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you for the great reveiw, we are delighted that our convenient location worked out so well for your stay!

We hope to have you back again soon

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here for our 21st anniversary and it was great. The location couldn't be better. The hotel was clean and the service was good. Breakfast was included, but don't get too excited about it. It was average at best, actually not even average.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Lynn T

Thank you for the wonderful reveiw! We look forward to having you back with us soon!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My daughter and I were there in April 2012. BEAUTIFUL hotel, rooftop pool and what an increible staff. Michelle at the front desk was friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and a joy to talk with. The nightime manager was really nice and even opened up the fitness center for me so I could work out earlier than the 6 am time that the fitness center is set to open. The rooms were spotless. The view amazing. and you are across the street from the River Front so everything is right there. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in and the best location. But it was the wonderful staff that made the visit so wonderful.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with an historic view- you can see the ships come in from you window!