“Very convenient to all the historic areas and river walk” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #14 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Very convenient to all the historic areas and river walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Had never been to Savannah before and found it very fun and very historic. The hotel is right in the middle of it. Rooms great as usual. Staff helpful in pointing out things to do. Good breakfast. Parking is 20.00 per night but well worth it. Take the green and orange trolly where you can get on and off at different sites. We took the whole tour around and then did it again knowing where we were going to get off. It was great!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for writing your recent review. I am so happy to hear that the accommodations were great and the service was excellent during your last visit. The convenience of booking trolley tours directly at the front is great, and our hotel is located on the trolley pick up and drop off. It was really great to hear form you and I look forward to your return.

lmassey@princebush.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Prestwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

The conference I was attending was in the sister hotel across the road, The Holiday Inn Express, but the rooms were all booked out so I managed to get into The Hampton. It's perfectly located for quick access to River St, for the beautiful squares that populate Savannah and the sightseeing trolley stop is right outside the main door. The room was large compared to UK hotels, the bed very comfortable and a choice of two pillows types. I did have to switch the a/c and fridge off because I am a light sleeper, but that aside I was never woken once by corridor noise, etc during my week's stay. Massive number of power/charging points (combined power and USB blocks - UK Hotels take note). Remember to take two UK-charger/adapters for electric razor!
Breakfasts were simple but plenty of choice - the make-your-own-waffles were fun. Plenty fruit, juice, coffee and savoury food, plus the usual cereals and pastries. Everything was served on recyclable plates, cups etc, even at some of the bars and restaurants in the town. In fact, Savannah has a licensing law which allows you to walk around with a beer, so all the bars do (thin) plastic glasses too - I landed here in the middle of a wine and food festival and there were no signs of anyone / group getting out of hand. Unfortunately you just wouldn't see that kind of control back home.
High point was the service from the front desk and sales team here at The Hampton Inn. The sister hotel across the way were of little help or imagination when my Canadian colleagues were trying to arrange FedEx of some display materials back to their country. They had to come across to The Hampton to get the paperwork. My experience of the team here was excellent - as soon as they realised that I did not have a FedEx account they took care of everything, for all they really needed was my name, the shipping address and the method payment. Why the HIE team couldn't do that I don't know - same group? It made it much less stressful for me and I was grateful for that.
All in all, I would highly recommend the hotel for location, comfort and service. If you are driving there is limited space outside at the drop-off and it can get backed-up, but if you are only here for a weekend I would suggest getting a cab in from the airport and then just walking. It's a great place to visit.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Hampton Guest:

This review is truly awesome. Thank you for mentioning the little details that makes all the difference in making a vacation worth it! It is service that sets us apart from our surrounding hotels, and when you couple that with a great location, and nice hotel, the outcome is truly amazing. It was really a pleasure having you stay with us, and we look forward to serving you again if you should ever come back to our beautiful city.

west mifflin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife & I booked three nites at this hotel....we were never in Savannah before...what a great location...so close to almost everything...staff at this hotel were very helpful & courteous...they made our stay pleasant...breakfast was on the house...we had a river view...nice...this hotel is within walking distance to river street & lots of other sights...the interior halls could use an upgrade (doors)...overall we would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: spring for the view of the river
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write this review. We are all very proud of the fact you would definitely recommend our hotel and that the staff was great during your stay. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hampton and look forward to your return. I would also like to add that we are indeed replacing all guest room doors within a few weeks, so the next time you return your experience will be even better!

VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I recently spent one night at this hotel. It being my first trip to Savannah, I wanted somewhere centrally located (and that's what I got).

Check in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. I was welcomed as a Hilton's Gold member, which is always nice. My room was a king room with sleeper sofa on the 6th floor. The room itself was showing a little wear and tear but all in all, was a very nice room. Very clean, HUGE, quiet, with well stocked bathroom. The rooftop pool looked nice, although it was too cold to use it. The riverfront was right across the street.

I checked out earlier than I had planned but if I were to ever return to Savannah, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are probably quieter.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you!

Thank you for your loyal support as a Hilton Honors Gold Member. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we took care of you. The roof top pool is beautiful and views are amazing. I look forward to serving you again in the future.

lake oswego oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent location. Fantastic beds and room was clean. I have never been to a hotel where everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who works there was so friendly and helpful. Everyone we came in contact with wished us good day or evening not just to say those words but took a genuine interest in our day and our stay - not just the usual chit chat. All were helpful in providing information about their wonderful city. Each would provide their name and told us if there was anything we needed to just ask for him/her. I've never encounted that before in a 5 star $400/night hotel. great stay and I recommend this place 100%.

1 Thank xplrdawrld
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thanks!

I would like to personally thank you for this outstanding review. The staff at the Hampton is great and they really do the best to go above and beyond their job description to satisfy our guests. Each person takes responsibility for the next, and we all have each other back. Thank you so much for your loyalty.

Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 10/31/13-11/3/13. Great central location to everything. River street right across street and down a few steps! Just a few blocks from City Market. Hotel staff are awesome! Very helpful and very friendly. Only negative : breakfast area is not organized properly. The seating and breakfast stations and eating area large but you cannot get around breakfast bar and chairs easily! Breakfast staff are very helpful! Large lobby and beautifully decorated!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank CDGTrips
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback!

We are proud to see that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the seating in the breakfast area. I will rearrange a few things and make sure that the spacing is optimal for everyone. Thank for this wonderful review.

Braselton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Hampton Inn on Bay Street is a wonderful location for walking to many restaurants, shopping on Broughton Street, River Street, and most attractions in the historic district. The accommodations were first class, the staff helpful and friendly. The breakfast is better than the average "breakfast included" hotel breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Great!

I am so happy that we lived up to and exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review.