“Fabulous Staff, Nice Rooms”

Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #15 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

When you get a good Hampton, it's darn good. This is one of those. They even have a concierge who went out of her way to help me (Carroll, I believe was her name) and she got me a discounted pass for the Trolley Tours because it was supposed to rain. (I am a photographer and need to be good to my camera). It never rained, but because I walked my legs off, I was darn glad for the trolley pass. It's near River Street - be warned - this is the party part of the city (as far as I could tell) so it's noisier at night. But it is also nice to be near the river, with its historic buildings and picturesque post card views. It's expensive, and worth it. I wish I had done what another traveler did, park at the local garage across the street. Savannah is very walkable and you see so much more that way - don't hesitate to forget the car if you're staying in the city. I did use it to visit Tybee, Bonaventure - but it sat for 2 days before I did that. The staff is friendly across the board from the front door to the utility elevator. I'd recommend this place.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room so they put me on the quiet side, which I appreciated. Motorcycles are qui...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IntegrityMatters52
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for posting this awesome review. It was our pleasure to serve your lodging needs and accommodating you during your stay with us. I will inform Carol about the positive impact she had on your stay, and that the service she provided was greatly appreciated. Our location is ideal for exploring the historic district, and when you couple with the amazing staff member we have at our property, to combination results in a memorable guest experience. I look forward to opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Wasn't sure about which hotel to choose but this is right in the heart of everything as it is right across from the river and very easy walking to local non river sites. Convenience was much appreciated since we onky had one night. Only downside was $20 parking but offset by breakfast and afternoon cookies, fruit and free bottle water. Staff was all very friendly and helpful during our stay.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Duro1971
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for writing this awesome review. It was definitely a pleasure to take care of your needs during your trip to Historic Savannah. I hope that you will are able to stay longer during your next visit to the area, and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very warm and friendly staff. Property is very clean and well kept for an older building. Very close (walking distance) to "River street" with shops and restaurants a plenty. Check-in was very smooth with smiling faces. beds are comfortable and rooms are quiet. We will return to this property.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Bob S

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you for taking the time post this wonderful review, in addition to fill out you property survey. We love to serve all our guests, and we do our very best take care our most loyal patrons. Thank you for the support, and we look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Wonderful place to stay, right in the heart of Savannah. Walking distance to everything, great breakfast and the best and friendliest customer service. Always welcoming with a smile and very helpful when you need directions. Had left 2 dresses hanging in the room upon checking out and didn't realize till returning home to Ohio. The house keeping manager was so helpful as she called me back and found them and mailed them to me. Great customer service ~ highly recommend if you want a wonderful stay in a wonderful town!

Room Tip: "Perfect walking distance to everything." "6th floor has a beautiful view." &q...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GinaW01
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post this awesome review, and for mentioning the helpfulness of our staff. It is our pleasure to serve our guests and to take care whatever need arises. I will let Renee know about the positive impact she had on your experience at our property, and we all hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Sayed here one night before flying out. Front desk was friendly. Room was good. Overlooking the main street. Coffee always available with some fruit. Concierge friendly helped us pick sites to see. Easy access to the waterfront. Lots to see by walking up a few streets. Great location

Room Tip: Front provide a good view.
2  Thank Tremblant110
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear that the services we provided were helpful during your stay. I am also happy to here that our location is perfect to explore the area. I will also let our concierge staff know just how helpful they were in making your stay a delight. We all hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We frequent this hotel because of it's great staff, comfortable, clean rooms and a good breakfast. Most of the historic things we want to see as well as the riverfront shops and restaurants are within walking distance. We've recommended the hotel to any friends who have planned a visit to Savannah.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Doreen G

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for your continued support over the years. We all really appreciate the fact that you have recommended us to your loved ones, which means so much to us. It is always a pleasure to serve, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I spent one night at the Hamptoon Inn Savannah-Historic District. There are two Hamptons in the area so make sure you go to the correct hotel, we made a mistake and went to the wrong one however they are close enough to walk between.
First of all the loby was clean and had that historic feel, there was also a concierge if you feel a little lost on dinner plans. The building is on the old side however our room was nice and we felt it was clean safe and quiet. The hotel is located walking distance from resturants, bars and live music so it that is your thing this hotel is a good bet for the price. However I would not go thinking of this hotel as high end, the breakfast was basic and the service was no frill's but good.
The room was almost perfect with a nice bathroom, however there was cracking paint around the shower.
Consider this a safe bet for the money and book it for the location.

Room Tip: I would book a room on floor 5 if possible.
2  Thank JoeyMtravels

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you posting such a detailed review about our property. Thank you for recommending our hotel to the Triadvisor community, and sharing how ideal location is to explore the historic district. As you stated, the service was good during your stay, however we aim to be exceptional in this regard. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you, so that we can show you our true Hamptonality.