“Better than Home away from Home”

Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Ranked #14 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Norwood, GA, United States
“Better than Home away from Home”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Staff is very friendly, rooms and entre hotel very clean. Excellent location, especially if you are staying in the downtown historic area. Only drawback is parking valet parking is expensive but staff is very courteous and friendly. The breakfast was better at other Hampton locations I have stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the to post this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have served you during your recent trip to historic Savannah. I am pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay with us and than met all your expectations. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to serving you in the future.

leonard.massey@savannahlodging.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
  • Arabic first
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Fabulous place to stay. Central to walk to the area attractions and restaurants. Staff were the best. Very friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for a better location. Rooftop pool was great. Very clean place to stay. Would highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ggirl124
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the to post this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have served you during your recent trip to historic Savannah. Thank you for your valuable feedback and the kind words you expressed concerning the experience you had at our property. I look forward to another opportunity to serve you should you ever return our beautiful city.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Parking staff sucked. The rest of the staff were great. Good location. Breakfast decent (about what you would expect for this type of hotel). Work out room adequate. Very clean place. I probably would look else where. I tried to get closer to the river but everything booked up. I got this room at the last minute which makes me think there are others that would be better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. It was a pleasure to have served you during your recent stay with us. Thank you so much for this valuable feedback. It really allows us to laser in on where we can do better and grow as a company. I would also like to extend my deepest apologies for the experience you had with our valet department. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding customer service and it seems we did not live up to that standard. I have personally spoken with the team members that serviced your vehicle and I can assure you that we have addressed this issue. Should you want to speak with personally convening this matter please email me at the address below.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights at the end of May. I had originally booked into the Hyatt but after reading reviews, changed to the Hampton. Could not get a better location and the rooms were great! Highly recommend. Also recommend the concierge service for any tours or bookings.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MurphyS888
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so for taking the time to post this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have serve you during your rent trip to historic Savannah. Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We know that there are many properties to choose from, and we are pleased to hear that made you proud of your decision. I hope we have another opportunity to serve you in future and we hope to see you soon!

Orlando, United States
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My sisters and I stayed in the Hampton Inn on Bay St in Savannah. The accommodations and services provided by the staff were excellent. I'd definitely recommend staying at this hotel. The location of the hotel to Downtown Savannah and the Historic District was just right. We could walk anywhere wanted to go, but had easy access to public transportation should we need it. Complimentary hot breakfasts each morning was delicious. The rooftop pool made a nice quiet retreat to cool off after a day of sightseeing. The hotel staff members were all friendly and courteous. The concierge was outstanding in her assistance in booking tours, supplying maps, and giving us information on anything we inquired about concerning the attractions of Savannah and surrounding areas. Valet parking made our stay easy. The car was safely garage parked for the duration, as everything we did was within walking distance of the hotel. We felt very safe staying at the Hampton Inn in Downtown Savannah, and also with walking wherever we wanted, both day and evening.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Marianne C
Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have served you during your recent trip to historic Savannah. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The services and amenities we provide certainly makes any vacation a delight, and I am happy to read that you were able to experience the views from our beautiful rooftop pool. Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you soon.

Northport, Alabama
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I stayed three nights at this hotel. The first impression on arrival was from Brittany (sp?), valet parking. She met us with a smile and a warm welcome. She always spoke, waved, or otherwise greeted us whenever we saw her.
The rooms were very, very clean and in good order. On a personal note, the ice machine on our floor always had ice. The only glitch I had was that the desk lamp power receptacles did not work. On check out, I visited with the manager and advised him of the broken lamp. He immediately radioed maintenance and told them to replace the lamp. Well done in my opinion.
The manager, Leonard Massey, was welcoming as was every staff member with whom we had contact. Every person either spoke to us whenever possible, or at least waved a greeting. This made us feel at home and believed that everyone was happy to be there. Great staff.
The location was also excellent, easy walking distance to anywhere in the Historic District and River street. We only retrieved the car to drive down to Tybee Island. The tour trolly stopped on our block making exploring the city even easier.
I will stay at this hotel the next time I'm is Savannah. No question, one of the best Hampton Inns I've ever visited.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William C
Leonard M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Hampton Guest:

Thank you so much taking the taking the time to post this review. It was a pleasure to have served you during your stay with us. I enjoyed the conversation we had at check out and I am happy to see you made it home safely. I will share this review with our staff and let them their hard work has not gone unrecognized. Thank you again for the support and I hope to see you soon.

Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Stayed there for the second time visiting SCAD. Breakfast is hot and plentiful (they had kielbasa...awesome) I actually saw a manager wipe the floor after a guest spilled syrup...she was in high heels and a dress, impressive. We had great service and the place is clean...bathroom was spotless.

Room Tip: get a corner suite. They are like bowling alleys....but really huge!