Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
GreenLeadersBronze level
St Petersburg, Florida
“Lovely”
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We had just one night and what a delight it was to stay here. Quiet, lovely, comfortable room and bed. Super clean! Delish breakfast! Walking distance to the Lady & Sons for dinner (Paula Deen's). Valet parking was expensive for Georgia, but walking was delightful!
This is our 2nd stay here, and we would rush back at the first chance!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
  • Arabic first
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 3 January 2010

The last couple times I stayed in Savannah, I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn right down the street. I saw that this one was about $25 cheaper, so I decided to book it for a night. What a mistake. I requested a king bed when I made the reservation online. It said I was confirmed for a queen, but king is my preference if one is available. Ok, I think, well we'll see when we check in.

When we go to check into the hotel, the girl working the front desk was very short with us and was more concerned with getting someone else to get her something to drink than checking us in. We get checked in, go up to the room, and I discover it's a queen. When I call the front desk, she picks up and places the phone on the desk while she talks with someone else checking in for about 60 to 90 seconds. She never says, can you please hold or anything like that - just me listening to her explain the valet parking process to someone. When she comes back to the phone, I ask about a king bed. She tells me one is available....for an aditional charge. I'm a hilton honors silver (not a whole lot of status, but still), and it's about 8:30 at night....I don't think they're going to sell the room.

So by this point, I'm not real happy with the hotel. They also had one elevator down so it was quite annoying trying to wait in line for it. Hopefully they'll get it fixed. Also, our toilet ran all the time. We shut the bathroom door, but could still hear it some. Thankfully we were pretty tired and this didn't keep us up. The next morning I told the front desk lady at check out. No appology or anything else, just "ok". I'm really not impressed with this staff. Maybe it was an off day, but NOBODY said hi or hello to us the whole time except one housekeeper on our way out. Not even the front desk staff when we came back into the hotel.

The location is good, and the breakfast was very nice for being free. Valet parking is $15 but we parked in the city garage next to the holiday inn. It is only $3 a day for weekends or $10 for week days. It wasn't a terrible stay, but unless it is WAY cheaper than another property, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 31 December 2009

I booked this hotel for an extended family gathering for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Could not have been more satisfied with the location and condition of the facility. Service was exemplary. Friendly, responsive staff helped with every request and offered assistance we didn't think to ask for. All combined to make an easy, relaxed family time and great memories. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
St. Petersburg
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We did quite a bit of research before booking the Hampton Inn on Bay Street. We knew that this hotel might be a little noisy based on other reviews; however, we wanted something convenient to all of downtown.

We were very pleased with our hotel choice. We had a beautiful corner room looking out over the street. While we couldn't see the river because we were on the 4th floor, we could see all that was happening on the street. We visited the roof to see the pool and were amazed at the beautiful view from the pool (no hot tub). We saved money and time by parking at the garage across the street ($10/day and $3 on weekends). We weren't bothered by the busy street activity at all, although I did wake up one night when a ship blasted its horn! We could be in several squares in minutes, the Olde Pink House in 30 seconds, and River Street in one minute. Our room was very clean, and the staff was very hospitable. Breakfast was better than most Hampton Inns. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank DNicola
New York, NY
Reviewed 21 November 2009

I don't usually write reviews, but I really enjoyed staying at this Hampton compared to my other stays at other Hamptons (although those were good as well). For the price, they had a free hot buffet breakfast, free cookies, coffee, popcorn snacks during the day and where always helpful. Rooms were clean and the bed was really comfy. It was also a great location for sights, river, bars, and restaurants. $15 a day for parking, which wasn't horrible. All in all, perfect. Only con is the sound of some boats passing in the morning, not a big deal.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 November 2009

Location one of best in Savannah: River St. restaurants,shops right across the street; Reynolds Square right behind hotel, all tour trolleys and DOT free bus stop here, one of Sav.'s best restaurants, Old Pink House, is 2 min. walk. Staff is helpful, friendly, rooms nice, free choc. chip cookies every aft., free coffee 24hrs. Morning breakfast buffet is large and good. Would be nearly perfect-- except-- rooms are very noisy: no matter where room is, elevator whines and clanks loudly early morn. until late at night, and in-room refrig.s all gurgle and whir endlessly. We had turn ours off every night to get sleep. They have a lady "concierge" in the lobby but don't bother -- she seems to not have a clue, endlessly confused, and was totally unable to call for or obtain a car rental for us; we finally did it all ourselves while she read mags and chatted on the phone.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave N
Seattle
Reviewed 27 October 2009

The location couldn't have been better. the staff was was more than helpfull on all requests. they were very busy but always had smiles and greetings for everyone. I know that all of us will stay at a Hampton Inn whenever we travel again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends