“Happy We Stayed Here”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #38 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed here by chance on our drive home from Florida and were happy we did. We stopped,asked for a room, and were given a very nice queen double. The room was large, nicely decorated, and very clean. It had a very large work area with free wifi. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We had a good night's sleep on a very comfortable bed with comfy linens and a nice breakfast before leaving the next morning. The hotel is clean and well kept.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank You for such a wonderful review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the employees you encountered. Hampton Inn & Suites has some of the very best hotels in the world and we are very proud to be a part of them. Over the last few years, Hampton Inn & Suites made a commitment to become the best and we believe they have. Thank you for allowing us to serve you while in Savannah. We will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Althought we've stayed at Hampton Inn's before and been very happy, this one was a little questionable. We checked in at 4:45 pm, after check in-time and before the big rush, and were sent up to a room that hadn't been cleaned yet. The cleaning lady told me another room was ready and I went back to the front desk while my husband stayed with the luggage cart in the hallway by the room. The front desk lady was very nice but said they were very full; there were only a few rooms left for that night and we could wait in the lobby while they cleaned the room. I asked her if there was another room we could be put in and she said she didn't know if there were any others of the type we reserved without looking at the computer, but would not check the computer. I asked several times and she kept repeating how busy they were. We ended up waiting in the lobby for about 1/2 hour and then went to the room, which was behind the elevator.
It felt like they cleaned the room in a hurry and not as well as usual. The delay kept up from seeing the sights of downtown Savannah in the daylight and the elevator noise woke us several times that night.

I complained to the desk person the next morning. I had Federal Government rates and wondered if that was the issue. She assured me it wasn't the Government rates, but they were "very busy" the night before. She asked which customer service person helped me and suggested perhaps that person needed some training. From what both front desk people said about being busy it made it sound like this hotel doesn't know how to deal with busy times. The customer service (or lack thereof) will cause us never to stay at this hotel again and may cross over into other Hampton Inns, however this has been the worst.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DJ G

Dear Hampton Guest,
We're very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with an experience that makes them feel comfortable and welcome. We will take your feedback into consideration when reviewing the issues you encountered at our property. Again, we're so sorry that your stay was not the best one you've had. Please allow us to fix these problems and we will look forward seeing you.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed here on our way to Disney World, and on our way back home. Both stays were nice.It was great because it was right off Interstate 95, and we didn't have to drive far. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. The only complaint I have is that you can hear people in other rooms and in the hallway, more so than in other hotels I've stayed in. The food for the complimentary breakfast was good, pretty much standard stuff. Overall my family had a good experience at this hotel, and will continue to stay at Hamptons when traveling.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the property met your expectations. We hope to see you again in the future!

Kinds regards

Reviewed 25 April 2013

This was my first stay ever at a Hampton Inn (usually stay at Hilton Garden Inns), but will definitely add this hotel to my list of places to stay when I drive south. Bone-tired after a 14-hour drive, I arrived at 10:30 PM to be greeted by a wonderful young man (didn't get his name). It was literally a 30-second check-in. Walked in, the gentleman asked me for my name then handed me the room key and provided brief directions to the elevators and room. Now that is service. The room was wonderful, clean and inviting. Love the little Post-It note on the headboard letting me know the bed linens were freshly laundered for me. Okay, so everyone gets a little note, but it still made me feel special. ;) Had a wonderful sleep. Breakfast was really good (especially the coffee!). Almost think the coffee tasted better than Tim Hortons. You'll have to be Canadian to appreciate the Timmies comment. ;) Great selection of food -- something that caters to everyone. Was able to have my usual toasted sesame seed bagel with plain cream cheese. Ms. Reese (one of the breakfast servers -- I think that was her name) was lovely. Thanks for a great stay!!! Am always on the lookout for clean hotels. Keep up the great service! Will definitely recommend your hotel. Cheers!

Room Tip: Try the coffee!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed on a Saturday night check in only took 2 minutes, our room was very clean and breakfast in the morning had a big selection! Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. It was only a 15 minute drive to downtown historic savannah. Would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank dooney78
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Nice quite hotel. Staff was wonderful when checking in and when checking out. Nice large rooms, had a king size bed and the room size was great. Will definately stay here again when coming back down to Hunter.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Reviewed 21 April 2013

My Thanks to Trisha and all her staff for making my tour group(P J Tours) stay a very pleasant
experience.The hotel was exceptionally clean from the guest rooms to the lobby, the beds were as advertised,very clean and comfortable!!! One of the best HAMPTONS I have ever used.
Thanks