“Great hotel. Very clean.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #35 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Enjoyed our stay. We reserved a king room and when we got to our room it was a king suite! Went back down to the desk because we didn't want the higher cost of the suite. We were told that we had a free upgrade! Don't know why but we weren't going to complain. Liked the location, close to downtown Savannah without the high price. The room was very clean. We used the indoor pool & hot tub and they were clean too. My only complaint would be that the breakfast area was crowded and hot. They need to adjust the AC in this area. We would stay here again when in this area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kerry C
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

August 26, 2013
Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway hotel and for taking the time to give your valuable feedback. It has been our pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We will look forward seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Large Rooms, polite staff, great breakfast. Internet seems slow but not slower than I expect at a hotel. Surrounded by Restaurants, easy drive to Savannah. Hotel was Quiet. Easy on and off I-95. There was new tile being put in and it is – of course – a mess. This should be completed by September 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve P
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Clean, nicely decorated hotel. Safe environment. Good exit because there are so many restaurants close by. Staff was outstanding. Breakfast was very good. Wonderful stay, will stay here again if opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James J O
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is the third time in two months that we had come through Savannah. All three times we have stayed at this Hampto INN. Our first experience was so good that we dicided why risk the chance of a bad experience. The hotel is very clean which made my wife and older daughters very happy. Since we are just passing through this area the fact that the Hampton INN is right off the I95 exit was nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Frederick C

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I am a repeat customer. They do a good job here. Great room, friendly staff. Renovations underway in lobby. I came in tired each evening and it was a pleasure to be welcomed at the front desk and get to my cool, clean room. Good location convenient to I-95 but away from highway noise.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Aside for the maze of other parking lots and confusing entry from freeway exit, this Hampton Inn was a great experience. We selected this place as it was half way to our moving destination. The lobby, hallways, and room were clean and modern. The room was quiet. The WiFi was somewhat slow and, at times unavailable. The breakfast area, under construction as of this writing, was tastefully decorated, separated from lobby traffic, spacious, and had a variety of fresh choices. Construction appeared to be in final phases however. The staff was friendly and professional. Parking, once located, was plentiful and there was plenty of room for our 16' moving truck.

Room Tip: In our case the 4th. floor was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Hotel was conveniently located right off of 95, in the midst of several food choices and quite a few other hotels...(which I like, since competition is a good motivator). The room was clean. Beds felt fresh and were very comfortable. Breakfast was a nice plus. Desk clerk was friendly, quick, and efficient. Downsides were minor: fruit was the only snack that was out when we arrived which would have been great, but it looked like fruit that should have been thrown out days ago; Room was somewhat warm and had to turn the air up a couple of times; Hall and elevator were very warm.

Finally, we were not aware that there were renovations going on when we booked. It might be fair to lower rates a bit when this is going on...(or at least disclose this to customers when booking so that they can decide if this bothers them or not. It doesn't seem fair to find out after you've booked and are checking in.)

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013