“The only place to stop on the trip north or south...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #33 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Finger Lakes, New York
“The only place to stop on the trip north or south...”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Savannah is one day northbound, or two days southbound, and this Hampton Inn is the only place we'll stop in either direction. Starting with a front desk staff that is accommodating, friendly and seriously efficient, to the rooms that are clean, apparently freshly decorated and comfortable, to the breakfast that is Hampton Inn-style but hot and well-served, to the ease of getting to other amenities in the Savannah area, this is is the place.

Stayed here for two nights, two weeks' apart, while shuttling people & vehicles into FL. It's a convenient place to stop, and the access to I-95 takes all the pressure away at the end of a long day. We've stayed in Hampton Inns for 25+ years, and find this to be one of the more pleasant experiences anywhere in the USA.

Room Tip: Rooms facing AWAY from the parking lot are obviously quieter, but there is little ambient noise wher...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to share your experience. You have provided us with an invaluable opportunity to ensure that each of our guests receive outstanding service.

Trisha Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Purcellville, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Rooms were great - we had a suite and had plenty of room for a family of 5. Beds were comfortable as was pull out sofa. Breakfast was the best we have had for a free continental breakfast, and the staff ensured the food was replenished often and were very helpful. The seating in the eating area was very good. - often we struggle to find seats for all of our family. Staff were friendly and helpful in the lobby.

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

After a long day on the road, we were very happy to pull off 95, and find this comfortable spot.

It was immaculate...lobby, public rooms, hallways, rooms...wherever you looked it gleamed. Our room featured two Queen sized beds that were comfy, and pillows to die for. Did I sleep well? You bet I did! The room itself was spacious with plenty of area to put baggage, yourself, etc. The staff was cheerful, and could not have been more accommodating. I had sprained my ankle prior to leaving on our Christmas journey. (The staff gladly put my cold pack into their fridge, and It was already for me the next morning.)

Towels were plentiful , and the hot water just hit the spot . Separating the shower area from the sink area made it very easy for Peter and I to navigate around each other.

Breakfast was plentiful. GOOD coffee!! We highly recommend this Inn. We had a grand stay, and we were ready for the next leg of our journey.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

West Palm Beach, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Immaculately clean; quiet;fresh food for breakfast, friendly and helpful staff; just-baked chocolate chip cookies in the evening. Applebee's restaurant right outside the front door. Very convenient to I-95. Pleasant visit on our journey

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Basking Ridge, United States
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel staff could not have been more helpful. The room was immaculate and the price was very reasonable. Conveniently located right off I 95 and within walking distance of restaurants. I was also able to fill my gas tank before hopping back on I 95 to continue my trip south. All in all a very positive experience.

Concord, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great place to stay, right off I-95. We are always traveling the I-95 corridor through Georgia. We now have a place to stay that I feel comfortable and safe. Breakfast was great, staff very friendly. Made me feel welcome. BEST mattress I have slept on away from home in 5 years.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, 12 December 2013

McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Was well accomodated for the weekend although I showed up without a reservation. The room was great and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of choices. I was unable to leave a tip for the maid service due to lack of currency, but they were exceptionally nice & understanding.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank You for such a wonderful review! We are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and the employees you encountered. Hampton Inn & Suites has some of the very best hotels in the world and we are very proud to be a part of them. Over the last few years, Hampton Inn & Suites made a commitment to become the best and we believe they have. Thank you for allowing us to serve you while in Savannah. We will look forward to seeing you again.