“Clean, Quiet, New, Nice place to stop”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #38 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Great place for a family of five to stop on the way south to Florida. It's not easy to find a hotel that is affordable AND has comfortable sleeping space for 5. Here we had HUGE room that included two queen-sized beds and a sleeper sofa. Didn't feel cramped. Entire hotel very clean, new appearance. Good complementary breakfast that included the usual continental items plus waffles and eggs. Right near I-95, but didn't experience any highway noise. Lots of restaurants nearby. Completely satisfied.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway hotel and for taking the time to give your valuable feedback. It has been our pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We will look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Savannah is one day northbound, or two days southbound, and this Hampton Inn is the only place we'll stop in either direction. Starting with a front desk staff that is accommodating, friendly and seriously efficient, to the rooms that are clean, apparently freshly decorated and comfortable, to the breakfast that is Hampton Inn-style but hot and well-served, to the ease of getting to other amenities in the Savannah area, this is is the place.

Stayed here for two nights, two weeks' apart, while shuttling people & vehicles into FL. It's a convenient place to stop, and the access to I-95 takes all the pressure away at the end of a long day. We've stayed in Hampton Inns for 25+ years, and find this to be one of the more pleasant experiences anywhere in the USA.

Room Tip: Rooms facing AWAY from the parking lot are obviously quieter, but there is little ambient noise wher...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for the time that you have taken to share your experience. You have provided us with an invaluable opportunity to ensure that each of our guests receive outstanding service.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Rooms were great - we had a suite and had plenty of room for a family of 5. Beds were comfortable as was pull out sofa. Breakfast was the best we have had for a free continental breakfast, and the staff ensured the food was replenished often and were very helpful. The seating in the eating area was very good. - often we struggle to find seats for all of our family. Staff were friendly and helpful in the lobby.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

After a long day on the road, we were very happy to pull off 95, and find this comfortable spot.

It was immaculate...lobby, public rooms, hallways, rooms...wherever you looked it gleamed. Our room featured two Queen sized beds that were comfy, and pillows to die for. Did I sleep well? You bet I did! The room itself was spacious with plenty of area to put baggage, yourself, etc. The staff was cheerful, and could not have been more accommodating. I had sprained my ankle prior to leaving on our Christmas journey. (The staff gladly put my cold pack into their fridge, and It was already for me the next morning.)

Towels were plentiful , and the hot water just hit the spot . Separating the shower area from the sink area made it very easy for Peter and I to navigate around each other.

Breakfast was plentiful. GOOD coffee!! We highly recommend this Inn. We had a grand stay, and we were ready for the next leg of our journey.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Immaculately clean; quiet;fresh food for breakfast, friendly and helpful staff; just-baked chocolate chip cookies in the evening. Applebee's restaurant right outside the front door. Very convenient to I-95. Pleasant visit on our journey

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The hotel staff could not have been more helpful. The room was immaculate and the price was very reasonable. Conveniently located right off I 95 and within walking distance of restaurants. I was also able to fill my gas tank before hopping back on I 95 to continue my trip south. All in all a very positive experience.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Great place to stay, right off I-95. We are always traveling the I-95 corridor through Georgia. We now have a place to stay that I feel comfortable and safe. Breakfast was great, staff very friendly. Made me feel welcome. BEST mattress I have slept on away from home in 5 years.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013