“Clean but nothing special”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #35 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Nothing to complain about but surely nothing special. I would say the price is higher than others in the area, and is not up the level I expect from Hamptons. The clerk was stumped to recommend a local, non chain, restaurant.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Hampton Guest,

It is our greatest desire and pleasure to provide our guests with superior service and hospitality. In this instance, we have fallen short of our goal. We would truly like to have another opportunity to provide you with the perfect guest experience that is typical for the staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Savannah Gateway.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel was very well maintained. The bathroom and amenities were very nice. The pool was warm. The staff gave out valentines on Valentine's Day during breakfast - what a nice touch! The breakfast was good, and there was a good variety of items. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel was more expensive than others in the immediate area, but the quality of the guest rooms and pool justified the extra expense.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa J
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway hotel and for taking the time to give your valuable feedback. It has been our pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We will look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This is a lovely Hampton Inn and we particularly like the suites. They are a little more expensive, but have lots of room, a frig, microwave and coffee pot. This hotel is very clean and looks new. Need a good bed, this is the place for you. Helpful management. It is located right off I -95 before you get to Savannah, GA

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the way to florida and liked it so much we stayed on the way back as well. Beautifully furnished, they even have art glass as decoration (we own an art gallery so appreciate that touch). rooms nice, comfortable, nice bathrooms, nice staff. Quiet even though it is just off I95. If you want to visit Savannah it is about 12 miles to the downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Met with choice of coffees in lobby after a long drive. Friendly staff. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful. Everyone was very helpful. Rooms were spotless. Great place to stay. Easy on and off I 95. Good restaurant choices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Really I would give a review of 3.5 if I could: Check-in was quick and the room was fine- clean and quiet but nothing amazing. Breakfast was fine- again nothing amazing but substantial enough. The breakfast staff was especially friendly, and the staff for check-ins were friendly as well. The only hang-up for the trip was the desk attendant for check-out. There was a minor hiccup with the credit card payment- one I quickly fixed with a 2 minute phone call. However, when the staff member informed me about it they were quite rude and informed me "this will need to be taken care of before you can leave." Not exactly what I would expect...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Hampton Guest,

We sure do regret the fact, that we did not meet your expectations. It is our endeavor to provide the best and unfortunately we fell short, this time. All steps have been taken, rest assured, to address your areas of concern. We look forward to having the pleasure to having you as our guest, again, and guarantee an exceptional stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Love the Hampton experience. Have never had any bad experiences when staying at a Hampton. Great value, great stay. Clean room, quiet and good variety of foods at complimentary breakfast area. Have stayed at several Hampton Inns and always get the same good service and room quality.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Berna1radical
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014