Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway
Ranked #34 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 12 March 2014

There are Hampton Inns at every level. This one was about as basic, luck-luster as you can acquire. The air conditioner was noisy and kept me up, but it also created havoc with my sinuses. I woke up, completely stuffed. Location should bring the price down. Fitness room was insufficient.
Cost: $108 with AAA discount. Staff was nice.

1  Thank Alessandra425
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Hampton Guest,

It is our greatest desire and pleasure to provide our guests with superior service and hospitality. In this instance, we have fallen short of our goal. We would truly like to have another opportunity to provide you with the perfect guest experience that is typical for the staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites, Savannah Gateway.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Some of the rooms come fully furnished; don't let the staff tell you otherwise. Ours came with a bed, a dresser, a couple nightstands, a desk with desk chair and one side chair. And a big empty hole where an armchair or table and a couple of chairs might ve been. The desk says that's all you re supposed to get. The maid says they re moving furniture around. A quick peek in a room being cleaned revealed the extra furniture. I hate being lied to.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Alan S

Dear Hampton Guest,

We're very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with an experience that makes them feel comfortable and welcome. We will take your feedback into consideration when reviewing the issues you encountered at our property. Again, we're so sorry that your stay was not the best one you've had. Please allow us to fix these problems and we will look forward seeing you.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stopped at this Hampton because it was close to the interstate, easy access to Savannah, and there was lot building up around the area. Checking in was a breeze thanks to Gregory who couldn't have made the process easier. He was friendly and welcoming as was the other staff during our 2 night stay. The rooms are large as is the bathroom and they are well appointed and comfortable. Everything was spotless and the bedding is in new everyday. Breakfast was very nice as was the large room used for breakfast or just relaxing. There were 2 televisions I this room,one always on the weather channel. There are several other choices in the area and I'm sure they are all nice but they couldn't have been better than this Hampton.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Hampton Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway hotel and for taking the time to give your valuable feedback. It has been our pleasure serving you, and we want you to know we appreciate your business. We will look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very nice hotel. It was very calm, collected, and CLEAN!!! Staff was phenomenal and very nice as well. It wasn't close to the downtown area but that's what cars are for. I really enjoyed my stay and if I ever travel to Savannah again this will be at the top of the list!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We found all of the staff competent, polite, and solicitous for our comfort. The room was exceptionally clean, and the beds very comfortable. The breakfast served was better than average. We would gladly stay there again!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Traffic on I-95 is rigorous! Our stay at the Hampton Inn is a great break for us when we travel to Disney. It is conveniently located to several good restaurants, is nicely appointed, and gives us a nice break in our travel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a gateway hotel area has many chain hotels and is a busy traffic area. This Hampton Inn is well suited to being here in a easy on-off of I-95. This is a clean, well-maintained building which offers a good breakfast for those staying here. The rooms are excellent too, with the beds being of high quality. Unfortunately I was somewhat put-off by their refusal to honour their AAA discount when I registered it on-line the day before, and which is on my profile. Their reason was that since the hotel was almost full, they didn't need to give the discount, even if I had booked the room the day before, when they didn't know if the hotel would be filled! The staff person registering me was less than friendly in handling this matter. As a long time HH member, I felt she could have acted in a better way. I am finding HI rates much higher this year and the loyalty points reduced too, which may lead me to try another chain hotel. Watch out for the change in HI cancellation policies too-some now require 24 hour notice.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Otty15
Trisha P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah - I-95 S - Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014