“Not up to Marriott standards”

SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #76 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel on the outskirts of Savannah, GA. I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and really don't feel this property measures up. Room was clean enough for me not to complain but was showing it's age and sorely in need of some updates. Bathroom a bit dirty and hall way carpets were grimy. Breakfast was ok, but as other posts mentioned food runs out and not refreshed and tables very dirty.

While I will continue to stay at Marriott properties I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not deliver to your expectations. I will take this feedback to my team so that we can learn from this. I would like to speak with you further regarding your experience and offer you a sincere apology. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the General Manager.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Leila

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Old lobby, no automatic front doors, whole place needs remodeling, but the room was clean and OK for one night. They ran out of milk and other breakfast staples before 9am but we could see the breakfast guy was working very hard, so get up early!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your stay with us. We value feedback from our guest! I will pass this on to my team so that we can provide better service to each guest.

Leila

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This Was a last minute trip and the only available hotel. It was spring break so the hotel was crowded. I didn't do breakfast because of previous reviews however the parking lot was packed and I had to park at another hotel next to us. The police was at our hotel for what? I don't know. I the room was clean and i enjoyed my one night. Maybe i will stay again during a less eventful time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us! I am not sure why the police were at our hotel as we have not had any issues, sometimes they like to stop by for free coffee which is fine by us! We hope to see you again soon!

Leila F.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The room was clean, the staff was friendly. We stayed as a family if 5 in one suite and they remembered the extra towels. The only downfall was the hot tub was closed. The pool smelled kinda funny too, we showered quickly to remove the smell. Overall good stay.

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you very much for your review! We greatly appreciate the feedback and hope that your find your way back to our hotel soon!!

Leila F

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is the first ever review I've written. I can take hard beds and loud teenagers running up and down halls at 2am but was fairly disappointed that money from my daughters wallet was stolen and the manager of the hotel had no apologies whatsoever. We had checked out of the hotel, called 2 hours later and was told the wallet was still there and that they would keep it in the managers safe. When we arrived to pick it back up, we were given the wallet but all of it's contents were gone. No "I'm sorry", no apology of any sort. I was told that "I was lucky to get the wallet back." Please think twice about staying at this hotel. The room was clean, etc. but being stolen from is no fun.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and bring this matter to my attention. I am the new General Manager of the Springhill suites and I will certainly be looking in to this. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please contact me at the hotel directly so that I can further speak to you regarding this matter. 912-920-3787. Thank you for your feedback.

Leila F.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

People were very nice. Room was comfy and clean. We had2 kids. There was a pull out couch tv swiveled so they could watch, we went to bed. Lots of restraunts in area, Harley store hidden on other side of interstate with hooters. Quite on 3rd floor

Room Tip: Never enough towels..ask
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We spent a night at Springhill Suites and loved it! The rooms are immaculate and the layout of the rooms are really nice. They offer warm cookies when you come in and the breakfast was really decent. They offered cheese, spinach and salsa for the eggs and different types off topping for the oatmeal. The only negative would be the hot tub. It wasn't hot. The staff was nice and very professional.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple