“Excellent central hotel, great value & great pool” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown

SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown
Ranked #86 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent central hotel, great value & great pool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

My two friends and I stayed here last August for two nights and had an excellent stay. We booked a double room (possibly kingsize, can't remember?) with a sofa bed and both the main bed and the sofa were massive, as was the en-suite bathroom. We were on the same floor as the pool, which was great as we took advantage of the decent sized pool and hot tub both days. The free breakfast was also a pretty good deal, with hot food, cereal, bread and fruit on offer- although the cakes go fast, so get down there early! I used the gym one morning, which was quiet, cool, and had a number of treadmills and elliptical machines, all with mini tvs attached, so pretty decent for a hotel gym.

The hotel itself is both a short walk from the centre of town and the Greyhound station (if you're coming or leaving by bus like we did). All the staff were lovely and gave us useful advice about the local area. We couldn't afford to do one of the guided walking/carriage tours, so the concierge drew us out our own map of places we had to see, and told us the best time to get to Mrs Wilkes' for the shortest lunchtime queue (our one splurge and definitely worth it for the amazing southern home cooking)!

A final plus - we also got to leave our bags there for a couple of hours after we checked out.

Room Tip: A double room with a sofa bed easily sleeps 4 people - I think the sofa bed was originally advertise...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RachelBL
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It's so nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass these kind words to my team.

We hope to see you and your friends again soon!

Leila

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

During my 3 day stay here I got very little sleep. The bed was in dire need of replacement. The area the bed was in was too small and consequently one side of the bed was almost in the closet with very little room to get around the bed. The room located on the front side of the hotel near the parking area needs better curtains to keep the security lighting outside.

The food on the breakfast buffet was very good and the staff was very competent and helpful. The room

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us! I greatly appreciate your feedback. I am happy to know that the staff was accommodating and the breakfast buffet was to your liking. I would like to get further information regarding your room. If you would please call me at 912.920.3787 so I can get the room you were in so I can take a look at that mattress. I apologize that you were unable to rest well; I know that must have been frustrating.

Thanks again for the review and I hope to hear from you soon!

Henderson, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Disappointed in hotel. Room wasn't setup like other Springhill Suites I've stayed in, only one TV. Every time the air conditioner compressor came on it made a rattling noise hard to sleep with that coming off and on. When you turned on the cold water it made a horrible noise like it had air in the line. Breakfast wasn't run well. The young gentleman didn't keep the food restocked. No waffle batter the first day had to go to counter to ask for more. Than the waffle maker wasn't working, it kept tripping breaker. Never got breakfast first morning everything else was gone. Counter had food and trash all over it. Next day same thing dirty counters. Waffle machine working but kids pushing and shoving to use it. Location is on a main street that takes you down to the historic area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback as it is extremely valuable to me as the new General Manager for this location. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience and want you to know that I am going to ensure that this does not happen again.

We have already corrected the issue with the waffle makers, so this won't be a problem again. I would like to get more information about your room so we can ensure the air conditioner is working properly. If you could give me a call at the hotel to discuss this further, I would greatly appreciate it. You can contact me at 912.920.3787.

Again, thank you for the feedback.

Leila F.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Two blocks from Main Market, ths is a good entrypoint for exploring Savannah. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very good and well laid out. Breakfast was quite good as these buffets go, with a larger than usual selection.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review! While I would love to take credit for these kind words- I must confess that we are not two blocks from the main market. I believe you have reviewed the wrong Springhill Suites.

However, thank you for staying with the Springhill Suites! I will pass this review on to the General Manager of the Springhill Suites downtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel on the outskirts of Savannah, GA. I stay at a lot of Marriott properties and really don't feel this property measures up. Room was clean enough for me not to complain but was showing it's age and sorely in need of some updates. Bathroom a bit dirty and hall way carpets were grimy. Breakfast was ok, but as other posts mentioned food runs out and not refreshed and tables very dirty.

While I will continue to stay at Marriott properties I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not deliver to your expectations. I will take this feedback to my team so that we can learn from this. I would like to speak with you further regarding your experience and offer you a sincere apology. Please contact the hotel and ask to speak with the General Manager.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

arlington, va
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Old lobby, no automatic front doors, whole place needs remodeling, but the room was clean and OK for one night. They ran out of milk and other breakfast staples before 9am but we could see the breakfast guy was working very hard, so get up early!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for writing a review regarding your stay with us. We value feedback from our guest! I will pass this on to my team so that we can provide better service to each guest.

McDonough, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This Was a last minute trip and the only available hotel. It was spring break so the hotel was crowded. I didn't do breakfast because of previous reviews however the parking lot was packed and I had to park at another hotel next to us. The police was at our hotel for what? I don't know. I the room was clean and i enjoyed my one night. Maybe i will stay again during a less eventful time.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SAVSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us! I am not sure why the police were at our hotel as we have not had any issues, sometimes they like to stop by for free coffee which is fine by us! We hope to see you again soon!

Leila F.